Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose doing was the pregnancy fake?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a screenshot of lex from that time that shows otherwise. he was not grimacing, he was genuinely happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
      I have a screenshot of lex from that time that shows otherwise. he was not grimacing, he was genuinely happy.
      https://youtu.be/YLV9VvaJ1-w?t=82
      It doesn't look like he was to me.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

His reaction was ambiguous. And as always with Smallville it might very well be the case that they did not know where to go with it when they started the pregnancy storyline (like they did with so many first-half, second-half storylines).

I believe the first indication that something's off about the pregnancy was in Crimson. Static was the last episode before the winter break, hence the cliffhanger proposal.
        Last edited by DJ Doena; 11-18-2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

This whole pregnancy storyline didn't make sense. Lex didn't know Lana was "pregnant" at first and when He found out during that Static EP he was so super-happy. He was literally on another plane of existence, so why was he so happy if he was the one faking it all? He couldn't had been acting for somebody else's benefit because there was nobody there to see it.
          Lana was doubting her relationship with Lex since the very beginning but especially in the first few episodes of season six. They argued about the black tablet, she discovered his surveillance equipment, she didn't want to be the "Next Lex Girl". And if she hadn't fainted at the Planet, she would have listened to Chloe's report regarding the Second Chance Halfway House.

With the pregnancy in play, Lana put her doubts on the back-burner and Clark, being the honourable guy that he his, immediately backed off once he learned about the pregnancy (Hydro).

For Lex this pregnancy was a win on two fronts.

Comment

Yeah, I guess that could explain why he was so happy. still, I have my doubts that he thought that far ahead.
            And for all he knew Lana could decided against marrying Lex and went to get an abortion or something like that.... I know that "good girls" don't get abortions in the world of CW, but Lex couldn't know that for sure right?

Comment

Originally posted by redeem147
              I should have known better than to get attached to Lex. Heck, I've been reading Superman comics since I was a little kid. Darn that Michael charm. That being said, what he did was just.... evil.

Sniff.
              There are many who were "charmed" by Lex ( keep it a secret--I STILL am!!)

Comment

Lex and Lana pregnancy

Originally posted by LA GRAHAM
                There are many who were "charmed" by Lex ( keep it a secret--I STILL am!!)

I'm not. Not at all. I hate how many people he killed in 6 and how he convinced Lana he wasn't involved and only helps others. Plus the pregnancy thing. No the pregnancy was planned, I read that Michael didn't know so he acted it out as surprised. But at the beginning of the episode Lex is telling Lana she can trust him with anything in life. I.E baby. I wish they gave more clues though because some fans still yell it was just to make Lana a victim and they hate her! And blah blah blah then they complain about her hating him next season although it was cause and effect. That hcg hormones stuff is the sickest thing anyone could to somebody. They make the person extremely sick and feel weak. That's why Lana kept fainting more than normal. I wish people would look up unbalanced relationships and the medical facts instead of juat victim blaming. That whole making it Lana or any women's fault is the sickest thing anyone can say. I hate that anyone's like that.

Comment

Ok, I have to weigh in. Firstly, the theory that Lex had zero interest in Lana until Lexmas, that's not true. In season four, Onyx, Alexander came on to Lana, so we know deep down Lex has feelings for Lana, he's just not aware of them at that point. And in season one, Nicodemus, the way Lex reacts to Lana's behaviour I think shows he did care for her.

Second, while I initially thought Lex was happy when learning about the 'pregnancy' in Static, I think what the reaction really shows is that he now has a way to keep Lana. He knows that, being the girl she is, she would not want a baby out of wedlock. It means that his plan to convince her to marry him, and spite Clark, has worked. So, in my opinion, judging from what happened in the episodes following, it was Lex who faked the pregnancy.

There was also mention of Lionel interfering in Lana's plans to leave Lex on their wedding day, forcing her to marry Lex after all. He did it so he could get Lana to spy on Lex. It was not about Lex owing him at that point. He wanted to know what Lex really knew about Clark. He was still as manipulative as ever, but it was all for his own purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                    Ok, I have to weigh in. Firstly, the theory that Lex had zero interest in Lana until Lexmas, that's not true. In season four, Onyx, Alexander came on to Lana, so we know deep down Lex has feelings for Lana, he's just not aware of them at that point. And in season one, Nicodemus, the way Lex reacts to Lana's behaviour I think shows he did care for her.
                    And even in Jinx Clark questions Lex' motives for getting Jason fired for which he gets no answer from Lex.
                    Last edited by DJ Doena; 05-15-2021, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Heh, it's quite something looking back at the older posts.

I think the reason why it initially made no sense to people that it'd be Lex instead of somebody like Lionel, was the fact that the writers of the show didn't exactly plan things out in advance or told the actors that they had some future plan. They were writing as they went along, and it kinda showed.

Not even the actors knew what was going to happen with the pregnancy storyline, and that's why you had odd scenes like Lex gazing lovingly at the ultrasound pictures and being seemingly so obsessed with them. Not to mention Lana already moved into the mansion so there was no need to "trap" her into a relationship.

Sure, it all kinda makes sense in hindsight knowing how much Lex was kinda ****ed up in the head. But at the time people were just like "wut? But why did Lex act like a happy expectant father to be? the character Lex Luthor shouldn't be that a good actor".

Truthfully, the whole pregnancy storyline was just a big mess. They wanted the baby drama without the baby being there. just like they did with Martha Kent. on a Meta level, that's kind of bad. Why does female characters always have to be saddled with baby storylines?

Comment

Heh, it's quite something looking back at the older posts.

I think the reason why it initially made no sense to people that it'd be Lex instead of somebody like Lionel, was the fact that the writers of the show didn't exactly plan things out in advance or told the actors that they had some future plan. They were writing as they went along, and it kinda showed.

Not even the actors knew what was going to happen with the pregnancy storyline, and that's why you had odd scenes like Lex gazing lovingly at the ultrasound pictures and being seemingly so obsessed with them. Not to mention Lana already moved into the mansion so there was no need to "trap" her into a relationship.

Sure, it all kinda makes sense in hindsight knowing how much Lex was kinda ****ed up in the head. But at the time people were just like "wut? But why did Lex act like a happy expectant father to be? the character Lex Luthor shouldn't be that a good actor".

Truthfully, the whole pregnancy storyline was just a big mess. They wanted the baby drama without the baby being there. just like they did with Martha Kent. on a Meta level, that's kind of bad. Why does female characters always have to be saddled with baby storylines?
                        I still like the crazy fan theory that the baby is Conner:

Lex had the baby removed secretly because it was alien in origin. That baby grew up to be Conner. I'll explain: I think Brainiac used Clark's DNA to encode krytponian powers onto Lex's DNA in Vessel. When Clark used Jor-El's crystal on Lexod in Zod, it purged Zod from Lex's body, along with powers that Lex had, but Clark's DNA had already bonded to Lex's in some way. Now, how did Brainiac get Clark's DNA you ask? He got it in Splinter. When he used that device to suck that splinter of silver kryptonite out of Clark, a vile of Clark's blood came with it.

Comment

Why does female characters always have to be saddled with baby storylines?
                          To be fair, many times the motivation for onscreen pregnancies are that the actress herself was pregnant (and the writers had to choose between acknowledging it, or try to hide the actress behind huge props, in an attempt to hide the growing belly). One noteworthy example being Vala Mal Doran's pregnancy on Stargate SG-1. Though, with neither O'Toole or Kreuk pregnant, during their characters pregnancy plot. So, the motivation for their pregnancy plotlines couldn't be motivated by such a real-life development.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                            To be fair, many times the motivation for onscreen pregnancies are that the actress herself was pregnant (and the writers had to choose between acknowledging it, or try to hide the actress behind huge props, in an attempt to hide the growing belly). One noteworthy example being Vala Mal Doran's pregnancy on Stargate SG-1. Though, with neither O'Toole or Kreuk pregnant, during their characters pregnancy plot. So, the motivation for their pregnancy plotlines couldn't be motivated by such a real-life development.
                            My favorite on-screen pregnancy was that of Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. There was a shuttle incident and the story-baby had to be transferred from Keiko O'Brien to Kira who then carried the baby to term. In one episode she shouts accusingly at Dr. Bashir "this is all your fault" because he did the procedure. Hidden irony: Bashir's actor, Alexander Siddig, actually was the father of the actual baby.

That baby (Django El Tahir El Siddig) is 25 by now

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎