Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liked it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole showing the story from different perspectives was somewhat interesting but I've seen it done too often and I figured they'd have to get rid of Cromartie eventually.

Comment

i can't give it a 10 cause i am upset that cromartie died. As I said in another thread I don't see the benefit to killing him off because he was an interesting rogue terminator that went against skynet. Cromartie becoming more human and killing the terminator ellison was part of the best parts of the show. So to me this was a big drawback on why he was acting that way. Why did Cromartie leave ellison alive and protect him, how he could "believe" in Ellison leading him to John . I don't know I did not like that and too much Riley time. I gave it an 8.

Comment

It was good but one of my pet peeves is when a show repeats itself by seeing everyone story though there eyes. It just bugs me to no end and that’s why I gave it an 8.
        John better get his act together because I just wanted to kick his butt in this one. He is becoming less likeable with his self absorbing acts.
        Other than that, it was a good watch.

Now I have a question, where they implying that Cameron & John had a thing going on in the future????

Comment

i agree telling the same story over and over from different perspectives is a trick to give less overall plot development.

Comment

Wow! It was Amazing! I was on the edge of my seat!
            I was abit confused at first with the "stories",
            But I thought they did an outstanding job of bringing
            it all together from the different character's perspectives.

Action packed! A big 10 for me
            Cromartie dragging Sarah by her leg! Intense!

The scene between John and Cameron on the bed
            was well played. I don't think he can figure her out,
            but there is an attraction.

John going to Mexico and getting arrested,
            well he's only 16, but he is learning.

I thought Ellison was going to get it in the back!
            Didn't realize it was a plan till Ellison looked up, Cool!

Loved Sarah's breakdown, it had to happen, right?

Comment

10/10. Loved it! One if the best of the season. Everyone was kick-ass in their own way.

Comment

I rated this a 9 but there were alot of problems. First off the characters stories weren't stories, they were just pieces of the whole episode. Next I take back what I said about Cromartie being smart, he walked into the church without any thought about an ambush. Not to mention he has a really bad aim. The Connors and Cameron weren't any better, they removed only 1 chip when according to Cameron there's 2 more. I though Sarah's breakdown when she smashed it showed how screwed up all this made her. One problem they forgot was there are other Terminators in the present time and any of them could come after John. Now there's Ellison. First off how did he get that FBI badge without someone's help. Next why didn't he tell them about Catherine and what she's been up to. I'll wait for next week to get some answers.

Comment

10/10 Loved every second of it. One of the season's/series' best for me. Cromartie was a complete badass in this episode, the way he brutally manhandled Sarah/stuffed her in the trunk, shot up a bunch of Mexican cops etc, what a fittingly fantastic final episode for his character. When one takes a character out of a show for good, this is exactly how it should be done. And I liked the format showing the story/events from different points of view, filling up holes and missing pieces in a creative way. It was a little redundant in some instances but for the most part it spiced things up nicely.

Some of my favorite parts/lines:

Cameron: I watched Riley leave until I couldn't see her anymore.
                  John: And then you and mom high-fived.

Derek: I don't have a bed. Remember?
                  Cameron: You didn't have a bed at the old house.
                  Derek: I had a gunshot wound at the old house. lol

Sarah: I'm not a murderer.
                  Cromartie: Who is? LOL (such fittingly twisted sarcasm from the ultimate killing machine)

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                  Cromartie becoming more human and killing the terminator ellison was part of the best parts of the show. So to me this was a big drawback on why he was acting that way. Why did Cromartie leave ellison alive and protect him, how he could "believe" in Ellison leading him to John.
                  Some have speculated that that wasn't really Cromartie, it was Weaver. A ploy to both test and earn the trust of Ellison. This possibility would also better explain how "Cromartie" was able to so easily destroy/defeat the Ellison Terminator, as Weaver is a far superior/stronger model.
                  Last edited by Xanderman; 11-11-2008, 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

A definite 10 from me for this episode. I stay away from all the conspiracy theories, and enjoy the episode for what it is. For me this was an exceptional piece of work. At times I felt that I was watching a movie, and frankly didn't want it to end. That is when I know that a story has me completly enthrawlled.
                    All cast members did an absolutely fantastic job that let the fan beleive in the escape that is this show.
                    Brilliant to all invovled. I can see why FOX extended the season. Keep it coming crew, so that we can all continue to enjoy this great series into a 3rd season.

Comment

I gave the episode only a "5", which is the lowest rating I have given to any TSCC episode. I do like the action, but there were plenty of problems with this epside.

1) The mini-stories from different points of view. It has been done. Quinton Tarantino made it a success in one movie, now everyone wants to copy it. Its not original, and even worse, it did not add any value to the story. It probably didn't help that I saw "Vantage Point" on cable saturday.

2) The shootout at the Mexican church, can we say "cliche"?

3) I have seen terminators get shot with some really big guns. In this episode, Cromartie is taken out with a high power shotgun. By all means, blow his head off, but get a more powerful weapon than that to do it. That was too easy.

4) Some of the story-lines just seemed a little too convenient: Ellison, who is not even with the FBI anymore, gets called for a case that he handled 8 years ago and gets there before anybody else. They just happen to steal Cromartie's car. Sarah instead of getting killed, gets put in the trunk of a car, her son steals.

5) Riley

I'm a big fan of the show, but I have to call it like it like i see it. Hopefully, they do not make a habbit of this. I did still give it a "5", which is average. They were lucky there was lots of action to break even.
                      Last edited by marco469; 11-12-2008, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marco469
                        3) I have seen terminators get shot with some really big guns. In this episode, Cromartie is taken out with a high power shotgun. By all means, blow his head off, but get a more powerful weapon than that to do it. That was too easy.

5) Riley
                        Pretty much my thaughts too, Cromartie was taken out too easily.

And i don't really see any relationship between John and Riley. (Maybe because of bad acting)
                        Just conversations about stupid things, no "normal" 16-year old talks like this to his boy/girlfriend...

Oh and i gave a 7

Comment

... I do like the action, but there were plenty of problems with this epside.

Armor-piercing ammunition.

... 4) Some of the story-lines just seemed a little too convenient: Ellison, who is not even with the FBI anymore, gets called for a case that he handled 8 years ago and gets there before anybody else. They just happen to steal Cromartie's car. Sarah instead of getting killed, gets put in the trunk of a car, her son steals.
                          Ellison getting the call didn't bother me: no one else in the FBI was covering the case and the current FBI agent knew that Ellison was interested. Cromartie should have killed Sarah but the show is called the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by reobeem
                          ... The Connors and Cameron weren't any better, they removed only 1 chip when according to Cameron there's 2 more [chips]...
                          I don't remember Cameron saying anything about 3 chips per Terminator.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
                          i agree telling the same story over and over from different perspectives is a trick to give less overall plot development.
                          I also agree.
                          Last edited by baldy46; 11-12-2008, 09:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Finally, this was the episode I was waiting for, the best in season 2 so far for me 10/10
                            Only sad thing is, that the main villian is dead and too easily, his character deserves bigger fight... Anyway, that scene in mexican police station remind me the "I'll be back" scene from T1
                            John's trip to Mexico was stupid.. I hope that he is going to behave more responsibly and also I hope that this was the last episode with Riley .. :P

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎