No announcement yet.

ASYLUM and WHISPER Official Re-Watch Thread, December 9th, 2011

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASYLUM and WHISPER Official Re-Watch Thread, December 9th, 2011

Unfortunately I will be out of town from Thursday evening until late Sunday evening with no DVD or net access, so I have to give my humble apologies this week.

However, I will do my best to post my thoughts on this week's excellent double instalment in the re-watch journey.

This week it's "Fry, Lex, fry" and a cool new superpower. Everyone is most welcome to join us for a Live Discussion during a synchronized DVD re-watch.

And I'll be back with bells on next week.
    Friday 9th December, 7.00pm - 9.00pm CST
    0%
    Friday 9th December, 11.00pm - 1.00am CST
    0%
    Saturday 10th December, 11.00am - 1.00pm CST
    0%
    Saturday 10th December, 2.00pm - 4.00pm CST
    0%
    Saturday 10th December, 7.00pm - 9.00pm CST
    0%
    Sunday 11th December, 12.00pm - 2.00pm CST
    0%
    Sunday 11th December, 7.00pm - 9.00pm CST
    0%

I will be there Friday at 11. And we will miss you again this week, skully! Enjoyed your early comments last week and look forward to reading them again this week. Have a good trip!

Comment

Cheers MrsK. I'm disappointed to miss the Asylum-Whisper party.

Comment

Two weeks without you, skully? This is becoming an unhappy habit. Have fun though and we'll catch you next time.

Comment

Yeah, I'm missing my re-watch buddies, R. Should have a clear run after this weekend though.

Comment

Asylum was probably my fave ep of Season 3! Sadly it looks like I may have to miss out again though... the weeks leading up to Christmas are looking a bit busy :/ I'll keep yous posted.

Comment

Hehehe, "yous", how very Aussie, Luke.

Comment

Indeed

Comment

2 great episodes this week, looking forward to them!

Comment

Hi folks. As mentioned I will be interstate with no DVD or net access over from tonight until Sunday night. So here are my thoughts on this week's re-watch double ep:

Asylum:
                    - Intense start to the episode with Lex begging for Clark's help and Clark not being able to help. Loved MR's turn from close friend to intense hater. Another outstanding performance by Rosenbaum in this ep.
                    - Good to see some continuity with three psycho freaks (Van, Eric and Ian) reappearing.
                    - The Belle Reve orderly is Marcos from Toxic.
                    - A pencil can be a nasty weapon!!!
                    - "Don't taze me, Bro" Poor Lex.
                    - Wise words from Martha "You've gotta take care of your own heart, Clark."
                    - I liked Adam in this episode. A dose of truth for Lana.
                    - The MB was at his evil best in this ep.
                    - Love the way Lex tries to bite Lionel as he pats him in his cell.
                    - "Quack, quack"
                    - How do Clark and Chloe get hold of medical records?? And why would Belle Reve put Dr. Foster's plans to zap Lex online?
                    - "I sent her a card" Heh.
                    - JTT does evil pretty good.
                    - Good scene between MR and JTT in Lex's cell.
                    - Reference to Wonder Woman in headline in newpaper in Ian's trolley "Themysciran Queen"
                    - Whoda thunk hard but fair Adam would turn out to be evil resurrected Chad Nash?
                    - First insight into Pete's stress in maintaining Clark's secret.
                    - And Dr. Foster pays the price for crossing Lionel.
                    - I remember being shocked that Clark was so open with his powers when he came to break Lex out.
                    - "Did he send you to argue his case?" Man, that is so harsh on Clark by Lana.
                    - Fried Lex, anyone?
                    - Stirrrrrr-rike!!! Bowling ball Clark. And Eric turns on Ian. Did that kill him?
                    - Clark doesn't realize it but he fries Lex by throwing the switch to get his powers back.
                    - Aw, some bromance between recovered Lex and Clark.
                    - Weight-of-the-world Clark.
                    - Oooh, the "I know your secret" video.
                    - Great song by Staind. Sad Clark.
                    - Slickly written, slickly shot, outstanding episode.

Whisper:
                    - Awkward Clana.
                    - Jewelry Store owner was also Simon Westacott from Arrow.
                    - That pesky green-K shows up everywhere, even in Clark's line of vision - excellent SFX as Clark zaps himself.
                    - Welling does a good job with blind in this ep.
                    - Poor Ma and Pa Kent wrestling with the dilemma of Clark's new handicap.
                    - I thought Clark's reaction to Lana was oddly harsh in bringing up their issues.
                    - Excellent scene as Clark accidentally listens in on the Chlionel discussion.
                    - I love new ability eps.
                    - How do the Kents afford Ray-Bans?
                    - Clark's got Lex's back.
                    - You tell him, Martha.
                    - Nice scene between Lex and Lana.
                    - This scene between Clark and Chloe in the barn conflicted me. I didn't know whether to go "hell yeah, you tell her, Clark" or feel sorry for Chloe.
                    - Heh, why didn't the tow truck windows blow out like in Pete's car when Nathan came to nab Pete?
                    - Poor Abby Ross.
                    - Cool "hearing training" scene in the barn.
                    - Uh-oh "Sharpen pencils" is gonna bite Chloe.
                    - I thought Clark's sudden reaching out to Lana seemed oddly out of place, almost begging.
                    - Man, Nathan is nasty. Burning someone's face with an acetylene torch is harsh!!
                    - Clark in reading glasses for first time. Awesome!!!
                    - Intense scene at LCHQ between Lionel and Chloe. "You threatening me?"
                    - A little odd that Clark sped off and let Nathan get crushed. I guess Pete came first.
                    - Victor Stone's girlfriend is impressed with Pete's stories.
                    - Poor Chloe - Gabe gets sacked.
                    - Ugh, another Clana secrets and lies loft scene.
                    - Good episode.

I'll be back next week for a Live re-watch of Delete and Hereafter. Enjoy this week's double ep folks.
                    Last edited by skully; 12-07-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I will TENTATIVELY say I'll be present for this re-watch. I'm going to be having some people over to my house for a Christmas white elephant gift exchange and some games, so I don't know how long they'll be staying over. Depending on that, I may or may not be here for my usual 11:00 time-slot, which kinda stinks, 'cause I really enjoy both of these episodes. I will NOT miss the Delete/Hereafter combo, though. Wild horses couldn't drag me away from that double-feature!

Comment

Banners:

all banners for S3 are to be found here.

Comment

I may....be able to watch but I'll have to see how things go. I'll have just come off nights so I'll be in night shift mode which means I won't be able to sleep. So....for now I'll say yes

Comment

Wow. I can't believe you're already on season ! I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to catch up, but I miss watching the show, and I love "Whisper" - I may just have to take season 3 to work and chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
                              - Stirrrrrr-rike!!! Bowling ball Clark. And Eric turns on Ian. Did that kill him?
                              According to Smallville ***** it did... so no official source, but its pretty dumb if it did - you wouldn't die from that.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎