Are guys just not observant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jade4813
    :l

*sighs* My brother mentioned last night that all wedding dresses look the same to him. Honestly. It MUST be a male blindness things.
    Your brother spoke the truth, as he sees it. Engagement rings, ostentatious or modest, are for the girl and her friends and pushed by the jewelry industry. Guys don't sit around imagining engagement rings nor are they impressed by such. Along that line, the white dress is traditional but will be worn once, more than likely greatly out-grown within 5 or 10 years and with about a 50% divorce rate, not something that guys generally feel a great interest in or an affinity for.

Metrosexuals and Franck from "Father of the Bride" may feel entirely differently.

Fortunately, I will never see ClarkMan give such to a lois on Smallville, but he definitely carries a smoldering torch for Chloe.

Comment

Jimmy is cheap i think he could give her real ring by now. This one she show off ring clark and davis act like really engage.

Comment

I don't think Davis was looking at Chloe's FINGER, you know what I'm saying?
        LOL.. that's very true. He was really into her.

I did like that Chloe wasn't just shifting her bag around thinking he might notice. It looked like she was TRYING to get him to notice. I do think that goes back to her not knowing how to tell him - she was hoping he'd notice and ask her about it so she wouldn't have to. I was glad they didn't show her seeming to be too sad when he didn't. Likely, she recognized that Clark was just being blind...as men so often are.
        Yeah, I noticed that, too!! It was like she was really afraid to tell him and thought that if he brought it up, it'd be easier. But Clark didn't even notice!! And so she's like, "Oh well...".

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by AndiGirl
        I honestly think chloe is just completely naive when it comes to guys. She doesnt seem to understand when they are coming on to her....I think it finally hit her when she was on the table.

I dont think there was anything wrong with chloe calling him at the end, because Davis backed off immediately when chloe told him she was engaged...not only that, he encouraged her.

I do agree though, if the flirting continues...chloe needs to re-evaluate her relationship. but then we also know Chlavis cant go anywhere....so it's sad to see her end up alone again.
        Oh, I didn't see it that way. I thought that Davis was kind of accusing her of being a stalker (and into him, in a flirty way) and she was like, "No, no, it's not like that! I'm engaged, so it's all in the up and up..."

I thought it was sweet that she said that the story behind the ring was important. However, I agree: If she keeps looking at Davis the way she was, then she needs to re-think her relationship with Jimmy. She may need to take back her "yes".

And then she should go hook up with Bart...
        Last edited by eas; 09-26-2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Even real life engagement rings can be obnoxious, and only for decoration. They aren't to protect a woman from the advances of other men, they are like collars to keep your beloved in line. I've been married for 28 years, my wifes wedding dress is in the cedar lined closet. I have no idea what it looks like, couldn't decribe it to you if I was looking at it. One more thing for a womans' most important day of her life, (cross fingers) that is meaningfull only to her. Most women truly don't rate white wedding dresses today.

Comment

When they say 'guys are from mars, girls are from venus' they really mean it. Our brains are wired in a completely different way.

Most guys have at least 5 areas they are gonna check chloe out in. Some may have more or less places (one of my mates likes elbows) depending on taste. The ring finger is somewhere most males wouldnt look.

BOO to all the people demanding expensive rings! Its the thought that counts. Ive personally found that with increased wealth comes increased ego in all guys, although this isnt always true.

Comment

When the woman is a 'friend', then No, we wouldn't notice.
              Chalk it up to another difference between the sexes, it dosen't need to be analysed.

Comment

Originally posted by 27CDruid
                When they say 'guys are from mars, girls are from venus' they really mean it. Our brains are wired in a completely different way.

Most guys have at least 5 areas they are gonna check chloe out in. Some may have more or less places (one of my mates likes elbows) depending on taste. The ring finger is somewhere most males wouldnt look.

BOO to all the people demanding expensive rings! Its the thought that counts. Ive personally found that with increased wealth comes increased ego in all guys, although this isnt always true.
                I dont think she has to have an expensive ring at all.....but I also think it's appropriate to spend more then 25 cents. Chloe deserves a real engagement ring......I dont care if it's a 100 dollar knock off, that would still be a step up from something he got out of a gumball machine.

Comment

Oh so now theres a $100 minimun???

Personally i thought it was kinda sweet of jimmy. He should get her a real one that doesnt melt in the washing machine though.

Comment

Originally posted by AChloeChick
                    Actually, I think it's because they're just too into Chloe to notice anything else. Especially Davis!

Besides, men aren't exactly the most observant when it comes to things like that.
                    hahaha
                    agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by Storm45
                      A ring doesn't have to be expensive. But at least it could be beautiful and not-cheap looking.
                      And would stay on her finger even if she was thrown down the steps! Wrap some string around that bad boy, Chloe!

Comment

yes because if someone wears a plastic toy ring you instantly assume its an engagement ring

Comment

Chloe needs a better ring. But I do find it really romantic to be wearing the first ring your boyfriend gives to you, because like Chloe said "It makes it special" so she probably likes and loves her ring because it was special at that moment for her. If I was Chloe I wouldn't drop that ring, I might keep it in some place very safe or might be put it on my neck as a necklace, and put on the "real" ring of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Minamostaza
                            Chloe needs a better ring. But I do find it really romantic to be wearing the first ring your boyfriend gives to you, because like Chloe said "It makes it special" so she probably likes and loves her ring because it was special at that moment for her. If I was Chloe I wouldn't drop that ring, I might keep it in some place very safe or might be put it on my neck as a necklace, and put on the "real" ring of course.
                            It is very very romantic.

I'd rather wear a tacky piece of plastic that came from something special then a beautiful diamond that meant nothing to me.

I think Jimmy wants to do the breakfast at Tiffany's thing with Chloe, let her pick out the ring, and maybe Chloe hasn't wanted to take that step yet...

however yes, men, and some woman are clueless about noticing stuff like that, I'm including myself here. Of course it's not the worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen. I ran into my uncle at Target once and I couldn't get him to turn around and look at me! He just kept walking.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't look at that thing and think its an engagement ring... My face would probably just twist up into a weird look for half a second, then I'd continue investigating the bus explosion...

But perhaps I'd think it could be some kinda mind control device, cooked up in an elaborate scheme by the TOYMAN! Next thing Chloe and a bunch of 10 year olds start robbin banks around town... AND ITS ALL JIMMYS FAULT!! DAMN YOU JIMMY AND YOUR CHEAP ASS!! DAMN YOU!!

Batman wouldn't notice the ring either :P
                              Last edited by Cychotec; 09-26-2008, 11:31 PM. Reason: "have a second"? oops, half, I meant half

Comment

Originally posted by Cychotec
                                Batman wouldn't notice the ring either :P
                                He would if she were a suspect... otherwise no...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎