This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6-Super-Man -5
    Wow thats low.
    It's probably accurate. Smallville actually HAS competition this week (as opposed to last week when it had none). Not to mention that it was the premiere, and this episode isn't. I don't think it'll dip below 4 million, but it'll be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
      It's probably accurate. Smallville actually HAS competition this week (as opposed to last week when it had none). Not to mention that it was the premiere, and this episode isn't. I don't think it'll dip below 4 million, but it'll be close.
      I guess your right, but I believe it'll stay in the 4 millions.

Comment

Not to be a downer, but this Thursday SV has to compete with the season premiere of Ugly Betty (on ABC), My Name is Earl (on NBC) and Survivour (on CBS) so that's some pretty stiff competition. I would guestimate that the show will bring in almost 4 million, but the numbers will be recovered once the DVR stats are accounted for.

Comment

I'm guessing 3.6-3.9 million.

Comment

Odyssey got 4.34 million, with the traditional premiere spike and no competition. I don't see Plastique doing much over 4 million, if that.

Comment

It got rating 2.8/4 I think this is not good.

Comment

That's the demo and considering it had 2.9/5 last week......I have to say its anything but bad

Comment

Early Thursday Nielsen Ratings: Survivor and Grey’s Anatomy; Old But Not Dead

Posted on 26 September 2008 by Robert Seidman
                  Remembering as always that these numbers are very preliminary (and also not nearly as much fun since they lack total viewers and demos) here are some early metered market numbers from Thursday night.
                  Grey’s Anatomy had an 11.0/17 (household rating/share) for its two hour premiere. If those numbers hold up, it would be down a bit from the two hour season finale (which scored an 11.8/19 and 18.09 million viewers in the final numbers last May ) and down even more from its premiere last September when it pulled a 13.2/20 and 20.9 million in the final numbers. And then, it was airing against a new CSI, last night CSI was a repeat. The two hour finale in May also didn’t run against a fresh CSI either though.
                  Survivor is experiencing attrition as well, but the old girl is long in tooth and still had a 7.5/12 from 8pm-10pm. Last year in the final numbers, Survivor China debuted to a 9.0/15. But both the Survivor or the Grey’s premieres last year seemed to only be one hour.
                  My Name is Earl pulled in a Knight Rider-esque 4.3/7 and The Office rose to a 5.8/9 in a one hour premiere from 9p-10pm and the tale for The Office will be in how it does in the 18-49 and 18-34 demos – which we imagine will be good. We won’t see that data for at least another hour (it’s 7:25am PDT as I write this).
                  Gordon Ramsay seems to have finally had a bad night as two episodes of Kitchen Nightmares only drew a 3.2/5 between 8pm-10pm. Meanwhile on the CW, Smallville had a 2.8/4 and Supernatural a 2.5/4.

Comment

You missed key info:

Meanwhile on the CW, Smallville had a 2.8/4 and Supernatural a 2.5/4. Last week in these same preliminary metered market numbers, Smallville had a 2.9/5 and Supernatural a 2.7/4, so it looks like both mostly held up versus increased competition.

Comment

Sounds encouraging

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

And original episodes of the CW’s Smallville (Viewers: #5, 4.10 million; A18-49: #5, 1.7/ 5)

Source: pifeedback.com/eve/forums

Comment

It's still an 11% drop from last year and I will not be surprised if the bottom falls out next week as fans react to the poor quality of Plastique.

Comment

4.10 million?
                              Thats pretty high still.

Comment

Actually its pretty good, against Ugly Betty and Survivor?? you would think they would drop a lot, Smallville is hanging in there

Too bad for Supernatural though, and to think that CSI is not on yet

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎