No announcement yet.

Sylar... not a Brain eater?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
    I loved this scene. Firstly because I've always been a proponent of the "he just studies them" theory, secondly because it was the most brilliant Jossing of a fan theory I've ever seen, and thirdly it was hilarious.
    Originally posted by last man of krypton
    Ditto.
    Ditto for me too. But, why were the brains missing then? Was that explained? Previously my theory was that he destroyed the brains somehow afterward (with one of his powers) so that nobody else could gain the powers in the same way--thus ensuring each would be his and his alone (as he likes to be special).
    Last edited by Xanderman; 09-27-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Or maybe the dissecting process left them not so solid, but Claire's brain just regenerated.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "not so solid"....weren't the brains completely gone? No traces of them?

Comment

Ya i know what you mean by "Not so Solid" as in .. with his digging and figureing them out they kind of got a little.. messed up and maybe not as 'whole' as it once was.

And as for the Brains being completely gone.. well.. maybe he took them somewhere else to do further.. um.. research?

Comment

Yeah, I meant left like a scrap pile, so there'd be no reason for Sylar to keep them around, he'd dispose of them. That way no one would know what he was doing to get his powers, and no one could analyse the brains remains.

Comment

Oh isee

Comment

OK, let's say in the beginning he does take the whole brain, analyze it, take it apart and take what he needs and now Sy has become very efficient that he doesn't need to empty out the head... but how does he get the power? Does he absorb the power? It was never really explained when he analyzed Claire's brain. Does he replicate how her brain works and his DNA copies it?

Comment

Originally posted by citizenlen
                  Does he replicate how her brain works and his DNA copies it?
                  That.

Comment

i don't know whether i'm the only dense person around or whether i'm just over thinking it cause most people seem to accept the whole 'he understands how things work' thing

but i'm sorry, what the hell does that mean?

i mean i get the basics. he works clocks, he could probably work the inside of a computer or become a surgeon or a mechanic or something, because he just understands how things work straight away. that's fine, and it's a cool power.

so yeah, he could fiddle around with a brain and feesibly figure out the unique thing that gives each person their unique power. he could see it maybe, or feel it. i get that much.

but how does him understanding how claire's power works, being able to identify the thing that is unique about her power... how does that mean he get's it?

the only way i can put my mind at ease is the hope that they will explain sylar's origional power in a much less vague way than 'he understands how things work' in future episodes... perhaps angela will understand his power better than even he does... maybe they will do tests on him...

Comment

He understands the way he works too, so that he can control his own body functions, so that he can do stuff like change his neural pathways and survive wounds that would kill most people.

Yeah, it doesn't make perfect sense. But that's the route they've taken.

Comment

A little over a year ago in the HEROES thread I posted THE MOST controversial thread in KSite history;

* Strictly for entertainment purposes, I strongly recommend the first 2-3 pages! *

5 people (who will remain unnamed) were reduced to name-calling and disrespectful comments towards ONE arguably incorrect aspect of my post. (Since then, I like to believe they've changed their ways... pointless online bullying is wrong, people! )

In response to one of my factual comments, someone clearly stated "--Sylar eats people's brains. Clues have been dropped in the series, the writers have said it in interviews and many posts have been made on this subject." Along with many other condescending comments about me as well. (And would you believe his/her first comment to me was to "Relax"? What irony! )

Anyways, I highly doubted that comment was true as I did not see any factual evidence from interviews, via magazine articles or archived online entertainment news sites. So you can imagine over a year later hearing Sylar deny eating the brains of the superpowered, made me shout "OWNAGE! In your face!!!"

And also brought validation to my wondering as to what Sylar does in fact do to their brains.
                        Last edited by boywithbluehanger; 11-01-2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎