No announcement yet.

Sylar... not a Brain eater?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylar... not a Brain eater?

Ok.. so... I'm a HUUGE Sylar fan.. have been from the start.. and the only thing that really got to me was the fact that.. he ate brains... but... In this episode... he simply touched Claires brain.. and got her powers.. so... he isnt a brain eater then? Thats what I would take from it anyways... which is like... totally great!!! is it not? I feel so much better about it.. what do you think about that? That he isnt a brain eater? Is anyone actually dissipointed? Cause I'm not!!!

Claire: Are you going to eat my Brain?
    Sylar: Claire... Thats disgusting

no I liked it better when he did it gave him much more of a boogyman quality. He seems less creepy and menecing also I have a fairly clear recolection of them saying somthing was removed from the brains in season 1

Comment

I liked it better when we thought he ate brains. It's just more disturbing and sinister that way. No its like ...he just "fondles" your brain. Atleast in Claire case, the rest just get bashed in.

Comment

I was kind of disappointed when they took that idea away from us, lol. I mean it makes sense that he doesn't, he always talked about how he wanted to 'see how that worked' and so it makes sense that he would just look around and see where things clicked. I mean that was his original power in the first place, he used on clocks and stuff too and he didnt have to eat them. I just enjoyed how creepy it was. I wonder how they are going to explain what happens to the brains now though, if he doesnt eat them.

Comment

Well, I'm Happy to know that he doesn't Eat the Brains of his victims. I also think that Claire really asked that question because so many of us fans asked it. Tim Kring was answering us, IMO.

I'm thinking that maybe what Sylar 'Removed' from Claire's brain was Too Small for us to see. Remember that Sylar's first Ability was 'Being able to See How Things Worked'. I think he looks at the human brain the way he looks at a device and his Ability shows him what's different about it, so he removes that portion to use it. Now, I don't understand what he does with it after he removes it. I read somewhere that it would be revealed to us at some later date.

I'm Not a 'Sylar' fan. I Hate the creepy crawlies, and I Hated that no one could stop Sylar. Every evil villain should have a weakness that facilitates a way to stop him. I Hate Unstoppable evil.
          Sorry, I didn't see your post, Jon, when I first started writing this response including how Sylar had the Ability to "See how things worked".
          Last edited by Imzadia; 09-22-2008, 10:50 PM.

Comment

It's how I always imagined it! The watch maker!

Comment

well, now what? This episdoe brought down Sylar's awesomeness by several points. There are some things about a villain that should remain mysterious they give the character their all-important unique flavor; I didn't mind them giving him an origin, I even thought it was cool that he seemed virtually unstoppable, you just didn't know what it would take to bring him down.

Now, not only was the brain-eating myth debunked, but they gave him a new mother? Lame... This dog has lost his bite and it's going to be very hard to get it back.

I was terrified of Sylar in S1 he was a real demon. Now that he's immortal and not a cannibal, he's something less I can't be scared of him anymore.
              Last edited by dru-zod2501; 09-22-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I was actually a tad disappointed he didn't eat brains. Mind you, he was pretty scary the whole time he was in Claire's house. (Though it was odd seeing Heroes go all I know what you did last summer on us.)

Wonder what'll happen next?

Comment

So, he just touches it and gets the power? That's even stranger. Or did he rip it out? No, then Claire wouldn't still heal...so confused.

Comment

I remember back in season 1, Noah telling Sylar "I think that so many alterations to your DNA has made you insane."

Maybe when Sylar examines the brain, when he sees the brain variation (power signature) his base power (original) allows him to shift his DNA to include that new unique variation.

Comment

Sylar's power is defined in season one. He says that he looks at things and knows how they work. When Dr. Suresh told him the powers were controlled by the brain, he learned that by studying the brains of powered individuals, he could figure out how their powers work and thus do it himself. I, for one, took this to mean that he didn't eat brains but just studied them... so I wasn't really shocked or disappointed by it in this episode. I was glad that they finally debunked it... plus it gave me my favorite line from the premiere: "That's disgusting, Claire!"

Comment

Originally posted by nicmar
                        no I liked it better when he did it gave him much more of a boogyman quality. He seems less creepy and menecing also I have a fairly clear recolection of them saying somthing was removed from the brains in season 1
                        Well yes, and he did say that it would have killed anyone else - but it didn't kill Claire. I think in the past he just took the whole brain to examine or took the part he needed. With Claire he had time to dig around and do everything right there. He did make a point in saying that 'he couldn't kill her even if he tried' so maybe he is super evil and just knows when to pick his battles. Afterall, he got what he came for...

I think that since he's more like a creepy mad scientist that it adds extra flair to Sylar. It doesn't matter to me whether he ate the brains or not - he's still cool. Even more cool now - aside from his mama's boy need that is still hanging around.

Comment

I'm so glad that Sylar doesn't eat the brains! Just the fact that he touches it, then gains the power, is a much cooler concept

Comment

umm question

Ok, so if sylar doesn't EAT brains can someone explain to me what he does with them after he fondles them?

Other than claire they all seem to be gone.

Comment

That was a great moment where Claire asked if he were going to eat it.

I've given up on Sylar dying a slow and painful death. Now I'll just wish for him to be tortured with straight pins for eternity.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎