No announcement yet.

Noticed this in Penthouse scene

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed this in Penthouse scene

When Clark said "How exactly did you get him involved in all this, he's never been much of a team player."

Oliver tried to get a lowblow/sarcastic remark in but I think he was taken back when he saw Clark was serious.

To me it seems like he treats Bart like a kid brother.

I agree with you, 'JNottle'. Clark's 'big brother' instincts seem to kick in whenever he's dealing with younger boys/people who have abilities. I don't know if it's the Direction TW gets to portray his character that way or whether it's TW's personal interpretation of how he feels Clark would react to younger heroes. Clark is quite protective of Bart, though, just as he was with his friend, Ryan, who died in an earlier season. He hopes to make a lasting impression on Bart or to be a Positive Influence in his life.

Another thing with that scene with Ollie is that I think Ollie decided not to push Clark too far after he saw how serious he was, remembering his previous, first-hand encounters with Clark's degree of pyhsical power. When Clark first met him as GA, (while he was stealing that necklace), Clark stopped him by throwing him half-way across the room, then when he was crazed with that quick healing drug in "Rage", Clark slammed him into a door with a slight push, because GA was urging him to let Lex die. I dunno, I read all that into that scene in "Justice". Maybe it's just MHO, but OQ knows now how far to push Clark in one of their arguments. He knows Clark won't intentionally hurt him, though he easily could.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎