Collapse
No announcement yet.

turning point in quality

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 8 could have been the best of all seasons. The first half was damn good, but it lost its way in the 2nd half of the season, culminating in the uber-disappointing Failsday Finale.

Interestingly, for all of the bagging it gets, S4 had the clearest and best defined (IMHO) A-story arc (Kawatche Caves, witches and Stones of Knowledge) culminating in arguably the greatest of all SV episodes, Commencement. Then Arrival continued on the great story with the creation of the FoS.

I believe S7 saw the budget and writing take a downward dip. Having said that, I still loved much of S8, S9 and S10.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
      Interestingly, for all of the bagging it gets, S4 had the clearest and best defined (IMHO) A-story arc (Kawatche Caves, witches and Stones of Knowledge)
      As much as I rag on S3 at times I do think the Luthor vs Luthor might have been the best written storyline. My big beef with it though was Clark was written as a secondary character in it. The same problem could be said about the stones of knowledge though, Clark was one the sidelines for the bulk of it.

Comment

• Well, I think Smallville has had it's ups and downs throughout the entire series. I could pick good and bad episodes of every single season.

I don't think there is a turning point really, the show changed alot after Season Four. Season Five is probably one of my favourites. Zod was always my favourite Superman villian, Brainiac is smarter than Clark and as powerful and plus, you got to see Lex being the Lex we all love to hate.

That was the turning point for me, from a superpowered soap opera to drama about a man on a journey to be the worlds greatest hero.

Its just a shame we've had to wait 5 more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by skully
          Season 8 could have been the best of all seasons. The first half was damn good, but it lost its way in the 2nd half of the season, culminating in the uber-disappointing Failsday Finale.

Interestingly, for all of the bagging it gets, S4 had the clearest and best defined (IMHO) A-story arc (Kawatche Caves, witches and Stones of Knowledge) culminating in arguably the greatest of all SV episodes, Commencement. Then Arrival continued on the great story with the creation of the FoS.

I believe S7 saw the budget and writing take a downward dip. Having said that, I still loved much of S8, S9 and S10.
          I believe the show took a NOSE DIVE, at the end of Season 6, Clark chasing after an engaged woman who as far as he knew was pregnant by another man! That spelled HORRIBLE writing in my book! Season 7 was the WORST.

The BEST smooth sailing came in Season 8! When the series had the MOST promise until mid-season... Also, there was Chloe running around with Davis = yikes! And Doomsday killing Jimmy = horrible!

SEASON 9 was without the BEST season for me!!!

So, I would rank them from favorite to least favorite:

1. Season 9, probably had the most solid consistent story-lines!

2. Season 10 (minus the crap in Luthor/Kent)...

3. Season 4 -- funny and cute with Clark having story-lines that didn't revolve around Lana-drama! though he did go after her again at Prom when she was still with Jason - so ridiculous!

4. Season 8, minus Lana's return!

5. Season 6 - I loved the addition of Jimmy and Oliver in Season 6 = Total Win!! Despite how horribly written CLARK was at that time!!

Season 1-3, didn't really interest me. Season 5 was boring (favorite episode was Lexmas ) The season was not good, but it was not HORRIBLE like Season 7
          Last edited by luckycloisfan; 05-28-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Season 5 after Reckoning. If after that episode they would have led it up to a series finale (with being proper closure to everything) like the creators envision it would have been perfect.

Seasons 6 thru 10 had their moments be overall were bad.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎