Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Apocalypse?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
    to your number too, i don't think your applying enough empathy when your thinking about this...

Clark lost his father, he has extreme guilt issues about it. he has had no councilling (on screen) regarding it, and has not dealt with it properly.

i know 3 men, his age, who lost their fathers, who would all fall to peices and become blubbering desperate fools just for one more chance to see them, talk to them, hug them... and there is absolutely no shame in that.

in our world, when somebodies dies, they stay dead. you can wish and wish and wish for another chance to say all the things you never got to say, to smell their unique smell, to hear the tone of their voice and the way it changes when they laugh, to have them look at you, right in the eye and know they are thinking and breathing and living... but you wont get it

i can feel all that right now, and it just makes me burst... and i've never even lost anyone, let alone a parent, let alone one as wonderful as jonathon kent

Clark getting the chance to see his father again and not taking it! THAT is the single most ridiculous moment of Smallville for me.

the writers have no heart, no passion for the characters, they don't care about anything but making money
    That was one of my pet peeves with this ep, and why I would knock off a few points and give it a 7/10 instead of full 10/10.

my other pet peeve was that the whole ep felt a tad rushed... Clark was just running all over the damn place instead of trying to emotionally connect with his dead parents, both biological and his adopted dad. I agree with another poster here who said that it should had been a two-parter... so that the story had time to breathe, and inject more emotional stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
      to your number too, i don't think your applying enough empathy when your thinking about this...

Clark lost his father, he has extreme guilt issues about it. he has had no councilling (on screen) regarding it, and has not dealt with it properly.

i know 3 men, his age, who lost their fathers, who would all fall to peices and become blubbering desperate fools just for one more chance to see them, talk to them, hug them... and there is absolutely no shame in that.

in our world, when somebodies dies, they stay dead. you can wish and wish and wish for another chance to say all the things you never got to say, to smell their unique smell, to hear the tone of their voice and the way it changes when they laugh, to have them look at you, right in the eye and know they are thinking and breathing and living... but you wont get it
      They will. If they've all accepted God and the Lord And Savior Jesus Christ into their heart.
      i can feel all that right now, and it just makes me burst... and i've never even lost anyone, let alone a parent, let alone one as wonderful as jonathon kent

Clark getting the chance to see his father again and not taking it! THAT is the single most ridiculous moment of Smallville for me.

the writers have no heart, no passion for the characters, they don't care about anything but making money
      They likely didn't have the time or the budget to drag John Schnieder to canada to film a scene. Come on. Give em a break please.

Comment

• In the past, I haven't been the biggest fan of this episode. In fact, a times, I've considered rewiriting it as a fan fic, to fix it. As I couldn't get the actual episode to work with the show's continuity.

"Pilot": Clark saves Lex from drowning. Prevents Jeremy Creek from killing much of Smallville High (including Chloe, Pete, Lana and Whitney).

"Metamorphosis": Clark saves Whitney and prevents Greg Arkin from raping (and possibly killing) Lana. I'm not counting Greg trying to kill Jonathan, as that was because of Clark's involvement.

"Hothead": Clark saves Chloe, from being burned alive by coach Arnold.

And that's just the first three episodes. So, to me, all of Clark's friends (and family) should've been dead. And all of Smallville would've been nuked in "Hidden". However, rewatching the episode, I could see why that didn't happen. Lex is said to have rounded up all meteor freaks and Lionel found Kara in the dam. No date is given for the latter. So, it's possible that Kara saved Lex from drowning in "Pilot" and then stopped Jeremy Creek from killing the students at Smallville High. Lex learning about meteor freaks starts to round them up. Thus preventing the near-death experiences of the characters for much of the last seven years. Ultimately, the important thing isn't that Lana was okay and is getting married to some rich guy in France. Or that Chloe is engaged and about to be married. These are minor things. What's really importat is the global effects of Clark not being there. That, not only does Lex become president, but he decides to nuke all of the planet and there is nobody to stop him. Something that would kill everyone. Including Chloe and Lana. In Clark's reality, they might've been hurt a few times. Lana might right now be in a coma. But, they're both alive and will go on living, because Clark's here. Not only protecting them, but protecting the whole world.

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
          In the past, I haven't been the biggest fan of this episode. In fact, a times, I've considered rewiriting it as a fan fic, to fix it. As I couldn't get the actual episode to work with the show's continuity.

"Pilot": Clark saves Lex from drowning. Prevents Jeremy Creek from killing much of Smallville High (including Chloe, Pete, Lana and Whitney).

"Metamorphosis": Clark saves Whitney and prevents Greg Arkin from raping (and possibly killing) Lana. I'm not counting Greg trying to kill Jonathan, as that was because of Clark's involvement.

"Hothead": Clark saves Chloe, from being burned alive by coach Arnold.

And that's just the first three episodes. So, to me, all of Clark's friends (and family) should've been dead. And all of Smallville would've been nuked in "Hidden". However, rewatching the episode, I could see why that didn't happen. Lex is said to have rounded up all meteor freaks and Lionel found Kara in the dam. No date is given for the latter. So, it's possible that Kara saved Lex from drowning in "Pilot" and then stopped Jeremy Creek from killing the students at Smallville High. Lex learning about meteor freaks starts to round them up. Thus preventing the near-death experiences of the characters for much of the last seven years. Ultimately, the important thing isn't that Lana was okay and is getting married to some rich guy in France. Or that Chloe is engaged and about to be married. These are minor things. What's really importat is the global effects of Clark not being there. That, not only does Lex become president, but he decides to nuke all of the planet and there is nobody to stop him. Something that would kill everyone. Including Chloe and Lana. In Clark's reality, they might've been hurt a few times. Lana might right now be in a coma. But, they're both alive and will go on living, because Clark's here. Not only protecting them, but protecting the whole world.
          I've actually got a fic in the works that explores a bit more of what happened in the AU shown in this episode. Basically, I have Clark swooping in and stealing the launch codes (so that right there is where the story changes) before heading to the Arctic, where of course there is no Fortress. He destroys the briefcase containing the codes. He wants to come back and deal with Milton Fine who he knows is Brainiac in the AU too but gets roped into another task, unaware that Brainiac is actually onto him too. Clark gets captured, along with Kara, in a similar way to how it happened in the episode before Jor-el extracts him as he did in the episode. From the moment Clark returns to the real world, the story reverts back to what we saw from that point on (going to Krypton, saving baby Kal-el etc).

As for what would have happened to the others if Clark didn't exist, I choose to look at it in fairly simple terms. First of all, just because Clark intervened in certain situations doesn't mean those situations would still have occurred without him. Secondly, it was a program construct by Jor-el, designed to unburden Clark of everything Jor-el felt was holding Clark back from fulfilling his destiny.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎