No announcement yet.

Let Me Get This Right...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaded Wolf
    Logic isn't on the menu? No kidding. Fiction is fiction but at what cost do you continue writing horrible fiction that does not make sense? Fiction should still make sense and have somewhat plausible possibilities.

Take the concept of magic for instance. Magic takes suspension of belief for the different things it can do. However, if magic was constantly used on the basis that it can solve all problems, erase all mistakes, and be used to increase the wealth of a character then it becomes stupid. It also becomes redundant, boring, and adds no depth to the character or the story.

So when the supporting characters of Superman began having powers all the time then what's the point of having Superman. This show doesn't make anything about Clark "super". It makes him a continual idiot (to put it bluntly). Whatever happened to the regular farmers who found Kal-El in the fields? They became senators. At first I thought this would be a good plot device until Jonathan died. The story should have ended there with it. Instead they just gave the seat to Martha (like that is actually how the US Government works). This was used as an useless ploy to get the Martha character off the show.

Martha is not my real problem with the show's "super-powering" everyone. My problem is that instead of being supporting characters, most of Clark's friends are being the powered ones who just point their big, strong dog in the direction they want after figuring everything out for him. That is just dumb.

So fiction aside, LOGIC dictates that the writing is ultimately flawed, everyone is "super" except for the one who will become Superman, and it's insulting to the fans.
    Nice post....it was well said.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎