Who's Patricia Swann's mother?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Patricia Swann's mother?

Dear All,

I've just realised something... We've all been very concerned about Patricia's death that we forgot to ask one important question.

Who was Patricia's mother? Bridgett Crosby confessed to Martha that Virgils destiny was much bigger than them etc...

So who was Patricia's mother... Spos this is academic and we'll find out with Lex's childhood flashbacks but I had always thought that Virgil was a recluse with no family (certainly not a wife and kid) apart from Bridgett whom he loved etc...

So anyone got any suggestions...

(Apart from the obvious of Mrs Swann!)

good question JustSuperMione.
    Now I forget off the top of my head , is Margot Kidder's character dead?
    But really I just fell for Patricia, and I wish she survives. Silly hope, but its mine.

Comment

ya she is dead. she died in season 4 when jason killed her. or so it was assumed and they tricked lex into hiding the body so the cops wouldnt find it which made jason think (fake) that he was going crazy and lex did something.

Comment

Originally posted by JustSuperMione
        Dear All,

I've just realised something... We've all been very concerned about Patricia's death that we forgot to ask one important question.

Who was Patricia's mother? Bridgett Crosby confessed to Martha that Virgils destiny was much bigger than them etc...

So who was Patricia's mother... Spos this is academic and we'll find out with Lex's childhood flashbacks but I had always thought that Virgil was a recluse with no family (certainly not a wife and kid) apart from Bridgett whom he loved etc...

So anyone got any suggestions...

(Apart from the obvious of Mrs Swann!)
        As I saw while watching the Season 4 premiere 'Crusade' two days ago, Crosby tells Martha that she lived with Virgil Swann: " We lived together a lifetime ago." I would assume that this would have been the time that the four families held their Veritas society. This time lapse easily equals Patricia's age. I think that Crosby may be Patricia's mother.

Comment

It is a strong possibility, although Patricia Swann simply referred to Bridgette Crosby as Swann's assistant in "Traveler", rather than mom. She didn't even mention her by name.

Comment

I'm thinking Bridget Crosby is her mother. I wish they mentioned it though. Although I did read a Smallvile magazine fic that showed Mrs. Teague had a little fling with Virgil Swan.

But I doubt she's her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillelogan
              As I saw while watching the Season 4 premiere 'Crusade' two days ago, Crosby tells Martha that she lived with Virgil Swann: " We lived together a lifetime ago." I would assume that this would have been the time that the four families held their Veritas society. This time lapse easily equals Patricia's age. I think that Crosby may be Patricia's mother.
              Did she say "a lifetime ago" or "perhaps in another lifetime"? I can't recall the exact wording, and it's unfortunately relevant. I always took the line to be a little nod toward Superman I and II, not something to be taken literally. I could be misremembering or misinterpreting the line though. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by TampaVille
                Did she say "a lifetime ago" or "perhaps in another lifetime"? I can't recall the exact wording, and it's unfortunately relevant. I always took the line to be a little nod toward Superman I and II, not something to be taken literally. I could be misremembering or misinterpreting the line though. Anyone know for sure?
                I believe it was "in another lifetime." Indeed, it was a nod to the Superman film series, but with the Veritas retcon, the dialogue could be interpreted in multiple ways, and also be used to mean a 'Smallville universe' relationship between the two.

Comment

true. i personally will just think of crosby as patrcia's mother.

Comment

Doubt Crosby was her mother.* Assuming that there even was a mother. What do I mean by that? I mean that George Lucas adopted two of his kids, as a single parent. We're just assuming that Patricia was Virgil's biological daughter. He could've adopted her, when she was a baby, as a single father. Another possibility would be that Virgil bought a donated egg, and then had the embryo carried to terms by a surrogate.

* In the episode, Patricia mentions that her father's journal had been transcribed by his assistant. No name given, but Bridgette Crosby is the only to fit the mold (someone working with Virgil Swann, who knew about the Traveler/Clark). If Bridgette was her mother, then Patricia would've said "my mom, Bridgette" or something.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 04-03-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎