Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are still trying to make Lana look innocent!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are still trying to make Lana look innocent!!

I hated that "I stole a Lamborghini" line so much. Why? because him stealing a car has nothing on the fact that her and Bizarro left a woman tied down in a lab and, speaking kryptonian and knowing that her bodily metals were drained from. Lana knew she was dying and yet she died because Lana and Bizarro willingly left her body on that table to see whatelse she was talking about. Lana knew better yet Clark is saying he's not perfect? this we know since he has brought about the end of the world so many times on this show, but he never let people die when he knew he could keep them alive. what he did has nothing to do with what she did so why does he think what she did is justified? he should have let her leave. He should have said he stole the car but it had nothnig to do with what she did because she let the woman die. I mean come on, you aren't a doctor nor do you have doctors on your staff yet you continued to leave the woman laying there? I hate how they do this relaitonship!!! it's ruining the Clark Kent character.

amen -.-

Comment

Lana is perfect in Clark's eyes! He doesn't see her for the massively damaged woman she is. She's got some serious mental issues that Clark is oblivious to.

Comment

No, that's the point of this episode. Clark realizes her flaws now. He sees she has many. They've been accumulating this season, and like Chloe pointed out, "She's not exactly the girl you used to trip all over in high school anymore." Clark sees that now, and Lana sees that Clark is not this picture-perfect guy who will put her above the rest of the world all the time. Both have made mistakes, but the whole point is that everyone makes mistakes, and the fact that they're willing to forgive says a lot about their devotion to one another.

That being said, the Clana stuff needs to end soon to help Clark focus on his destiny (or better yet, let Clark CHOSE to focus on his destiny WHILE being with Lana, and then it becomes too much for Lana to handle, and Clark CHOSES his destiny instead). But I thought it was well-done in this episode, and Lana was not portrayed as innocent at all. That's the total opposite of what we saw here. Here we saw a Lana who has a darker edge who wants redemption. She's not "perfect" nor "innocent" and Clark doesn't seem to think she is either, but she does have good intentions, and that's important.

Comment

clark made her look innocent by what he said, saying he wasnty perfect this we know but she let someone die! there is no justification for what she did. at all. i wouldnt forgive anyone that knew they had a hand in keeping someone alive but let them lay there. i mean i can understnad if you wetre in shock and couldnt do anything but this was different. they KNEW she was dying and they continued to study her! theres no justifying that even if you stole a 200,000 dollar car

Comment

I agree with MozartRequiem about Lana not being portrayed as innocent in the episode. Clark said that he's not perfect either, so sometimes he has to lower his self-conscious standards just low enough so that he can slip through, but others can't.

Clark didn't tell Lana, "I understand why you did that to that woman. I'll let you slide". He didn't say that or anything remotely close to it. When he said that he stole a Lamborghini, he was just trying to make Lana understand that he's done wrong too so she shouldn't feel like she's not the innocent one.

As for Lana still caring for Casey Brock, what else was she supposed to do? Was she supposed to just leave the lady out on the street while BrainIAC slowly regained it's original form? Lana did a good thing IMO by taking in Casey Brock even though she died because if it weren't for that, then BrainIAC could be doing a lot more damage as we speak (or in "Siren" and preceding episodes).

What was the lady going to do anyways? She couldn't even move and was speaking gibberish... The least that the local authorities could do is send her to Belle Reve if they thought it was serious. Lex would have used it for his own gain and probably did more for Project Scion.

Did Casey Brock have anything to do with Clark? At least in "Exile", there was some kind of Clana interaction which may have hurt Lana back then when she saw Clark acting like this. Clark was tucked away (despite being cold) in the FOS without anything to do with Lana. And Clark wasn't even telling Lana something big that he did. That Lamborghini, stealing money, and safe doors excuse wasn't a good one. Clark has swept down to Lana's level before...he's just scared to admit it IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by minerva73
              I agree with MozartRequiem about Lana not being portrayed as innocent in the episode. Clark said that he's not perfect either, so sometimes he has to lower his self-conscious standards just low enough so that he can slip through, but others can't.

Clark didn't tell Lana, "I understand why you did that to that woman. I'll let you slide". He didn't say that or anything remotely close to it. When he said that he stole a Lamborghini, he was just trying to make Lana understand that he's done wrong too so she shouldn't feel like she's not the innocent one.

As for Lana still caring for Casey Brock, what else was she supposed to do? Was she supposed to just leave the lady out on the street while BrainIAC slowly regained it's original form? Lana did a good thing IMO by taking in Casey Brock even though she died because if it weren't for that, then BrainIAC could be doing a lot more damage as we speak (or in "Siren" and preceding episodes).

What was the lady going to do anyways? She couldn't even move and was speaking gibberish... The least that the local authorities could do is send her to Belle Reve if they thought it was serious. Lex would have used it for his own gain and probably did more for Project Scion.

Did Casey Brock have anything to do with Clark? At least in "Exile", there was some kind of Clana interaction which may have hurt Lana back then when she saw Clark acting like this. Clark was tucked away (despite being cold) in the FOS without anything to do with Lana. And Clark wasn't even telling Lana something big that he did. That Lamborghini, stealing money, and safe doors excuse wasn't a good one. Clark has swept down to Lana's level before...he's just scared to admit it IMHO.
              Agreed. Nobody looks innocent on the show. They all look like flawed people who have good intentions but make the wrong decisions sometimes, just like Clark said.

Comment

I loved this scene because I can actually resonate to it. There's this girl I've been friends with who I care for deeply, dispite some obvious differences and I feel like a total bonehead sometimes when I try bridging the gap between us! Also, what Clark said about not knowing the future is something else I can understand, though there are times I wish I knew the future.
                Last edited by Jephael; 02-09-2008, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I agree, it's portraying Lana as "miss goody" even though she isn't. She's just as screwed up in the head as Lex is. Of course, Clark will always think of her as still "the girl next door"

Comment

everyone knew she was a lil twit from the first season though. thats the problem. Seeing her in the light she was in from what started in Cure and all the way up to persona should have told Clark she wasnt the person he thought she was, that she was a bad person. She let someone die knowing she couldnt help the womanand she wasnt a doctor yet clark says I stole a car before and robbed a bank? that has nothing to do with human life being preserved and we are reduced to Clark making Lana look as though she is heavens angel again. i hate that.

Comment

So stealing a car while on RedK, four years ago, is morally equivalent to Lana's various crimes in season seven? Not sure I agree. Breaking Clark down does not make Lana look better, or absolve her of her crimes. It just makes Clark look worse. IMO, it is the "Everyone sucks so Lana does not suck" argument, which does not work. It just makes everyone suck.

As far as letting Lana slide, I'll wait an episode or two before I make that call. Based on past experience, I doubt she will suffer any consequences for hr latest screw up.
                      What could Lana have done? Maybe put her in a real hospital? Contact the CDC, or someone who knows more about rare medical conditions than her People? (Unless Lana also developed mad medical skillz along with with her mad hackor skillz in Gemini and Persona.)

As far as the good Lana did - Lana's actions directly lead to Brainiac finding Dax-Ur. Lana's actions allowed Brainaic to repair himself. Bang up job there, Lana.
                      Is your argument that, because Casey was incapacitated, it was OK for Lana to lock her away in an ISIS lab and not take her to a real hospital? Did Casey not have human rights, and we all should be grateful Lana did not treat her as badly as Lex would have? I do not understand what you mean.
                      So is it none of Clark's business that Lana kept a woman captive? That a sick woman died in Lana's secret lab?

As far as Clark sinking to Lana's level, when was the last time:
                      - Clark tortured anyone?
                      - Clark held people hostage for months?
                      - Clark left people to die when he could have saved them?

Comment

I really wish that Clark was with Chloe cause IMO they would make a far better couple than Lana and Clark do no offence to the people who like those two together its just my Opinion but let me know your thoughts on that please and thank you.

Comment

I would like to think that Lana is taking the long path back from the dark side but I don't. I realise it's an arduous journey and one hard to take alone but I think she may be pulling Clark down with her. She needs someone who is not so weak to her, someone who will tell her she is wrong - not pretend everything she does is close to golden. I understand we are human and make mistakes and I also realise that for those who seek to get better with thier whole heart, it can be done. Yes there will be some back sliding and regret but eventually you dig your way out and do your darndest to keep from making more mistakes, making worse or the equivalant of the same dark ones you made before. I do not see that with her. I would like to see the same sweet Lana there was in the beginning but that is a pipe dream, like Chloe said she is not that same girl. I would settle for a Lana who can face her murky past and sets out for a brighter future. I am just not sure that is where she is headed or maybe not where she WANTS to be headed. That being said I think Lana is "smoking cool" when she is naughty! Or KK just pulls it off really well.

Comment

I remember Lana saying something about Brainiac. Did she say it to Clark though (I don't remember)? If she did and Clark is still wasting his time instead of looking for Brainiac, then I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by RepairmanBob
                              So stealing a car while on RedK, four years ago, is morally equivalent to Lana's various crimes in season seven? Not sure I agree. Breaking Clark down does not make Lana look better, or absolve her of her crimes. It just makes Clark look worse. IMO, it is the "Everyone sucks so Lana does not suck" argument, which does not work. It just makes everyone suck.
                              The reason why Clark stole the car is more selfish than Lana's crimes that she's committed in Season 7. He went ahead and put on the Red K ring knowing that he'll turn into Kal just so he could feel better about himself. Lana hid Lionel on some island and made Isis so that she could take down the person that has hurt so many people.

Personally, I don't think that Lana should be praised for what she's done at all. Lana's done bad and needs to pay for it. It doesn't help that Clark is always putting the blame on himself for letting Lana turn that way, but at the same time Clark or anyone else for that matter can't act like they haven't sunk down to Lana's level before IMO.

As far as letting Lana slide, I'll wait an episode or two before I make that call. Based on past experience, I doubt she will suffer any consequences for hr latest screw up.What could Lana have done? Maybe put her in a real hospital? Contact the CDC, or someone who knows more about rare medical conditions than her People? (Unless Lana also developed mad medical skillz along with with her mad hackor skillz in Gemini and Persona.)
                              And what was a real hospital going to do? Shove foods with key minerals down Casey's throat in hopes that Brainiac wouldn't eat them up again and become stronger? It wasn't a serious medical condition, though. It was a Kryptonian machine that was eating up all of the minerals in her body like it did to the 10 other homeless men. You never know, Lana can do a lot of things. Even wear glasses.

As far as the good Lana did - Lana's actions directly lead to Brainiac finding Dax-Ur. Lana's actions allowed Brainaic to repair himself. Bang up job there, Lana.Is your argument that, because Casey was incapacitated, it was OK for Lana to lock her away in an ISIS lab and not take her to a real hospital? Did Casey not have human rights, and we all should be grateful Lana did not treat her as badly as Lex would have? I do not understand what you mean.So is it none of Clark's business that Lana kept a woman captive? That a sick woman died in Lana's secret lab?
                              True, Lana did point Brainiac to him. Lana probably had the feeling that Bizarro would be able to do something to help out since when she first took him to the lab, he found out that it was Kryptonian linked. As for why she didn't take her to a real hospital, Lana might have registered doctors working at the Isis labs. She has been signing letters for people, so perhaps on the outside she has doctors while on the inside is her camera systems.

When Clark came back he asked Chloe about Brainiac in "Siren" like he did it all by himself and Lana's just lying there. Yet if it weren't for Lana and Bizarro, they never would have known that Brainiac was forming itself. The way that Clark yelled at Lana in the Isis lab, he made it seem like he made a conscious effort to protect her or do anything about her. He could at least say "Thank you" for telling him about it because if it weren't for her, then he wouldn't have any knowledge of Brainiac returning.

As far as Clark sinking to Lana's level, when was the last time:
                              - Clark tortured anyone?
                              - Clark held people hostage for months?
                              - Clark left people to die when he could have saved them?
                              He tortured Lionel in "Phantom" when he held him up against the wall against his will. Clark doesn't really have the time to hold people hostage for months. You proved that point.

He's been thinking of it many times, though. He hasn't gone through with it, but it's been on his mind. Like in "Progeny" when he looked at the bullet before he saved Lex. Or like the episode description for "Fracture" is saying with Clark preventing Chloe from saving Lex.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎