Music in Persona.........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years ago, I noticed one of the first reasons why I loved this show was their musical choice. Almost each time, it's just perfect, you just feel the song was almost written for the scene! They make me discover "You and me" and "Everything" from Lifehouse, Kelly Clarkson's "Sober", "Weapon" from Matthew Good, all the classical masterpieces in Lionel scenes (I miss these ones! I hope we will have one last if he is killed by Lex!), and now "Pioneer To The Falls" by Interpol... Damn. The guy(s) choosing these songs is a real genius. It fits PERFECTLY.

Comment

I agree.
      Everytime they have a song in the final act of the show, it fits wonderfully.
      And this season they seem to have got it right all along. First with Sober by Kelly Clarkson and now with Interpol.
      Genius.

Comment

The song they chose for the final scene was just perfect. What was the song called again? And by what group?
        Last edited by kentfamily; 02-02-2008, 09:13 PM.

Comment

It's "Pioneer to the Falls" by Interpol.

Comment

^ Thanks for the info.
            I also loved the music they used when Lana, Bizarro and Clark was at Oliver's apt. at the end when Bizarro explode, the music comes on stronger when Clark holds Lana. Great music.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info friends. I really like the song. It fits perfectly with the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by kentfamily
                ^ Thanks for the info.
                I also loved the music they used when Lana, Bizarro and Clark was at Oliver's apt. at the end when Bizarro explode, the music comes on stronger when Clark holds Lana. Great music.
                Yeah the music had a big role in Bizarro's tragical death... I really hope Tom Welling will be really recognized as an actor now, seeing how he made this character unforgettable. I WANT BIZARRO BACK!!!!

Comment

....Semi-Spoilerish-Contains a few tidbits about the final scene in 7-10- Persona...

Oh man, does Smallville have a knack for introducing its audience to amazing songs! This season alone, the hit CW series, in its 7th and possibly final season, has brought us "Sober" by Kelly Clarkson, and "Gained the World" by Morcheeba! So, it was only fitting that with the writers stike now entering its third month, and the tv world as we know it devastated and depleted in every imaginable way, that Smalville's return to the small screen last week, 7-10, Persona, would bring us yet another stunningly great musical masterpiece, in "Pioneer to the Fals" by Interpol..

Interpol is a band that I've known existed for quite some time, but never really bothered to give them a listen After watching "Persona", the latest Smallville episode Sunday, I will now pronounce myself an Interpol fan! The lyrics, and song overall really fits the tense mood of the final scene...You have Clark Kent and Lana Lang really starting to wonder if they're right for each other, in the aftermath of Lana's month of happiness with Bizarro, and although they still shared the same bed that evening, the growing distance between them was never more evident...With the lyrics "You fly straight into my heart...but here comes the fault" playing in the eerie, and intense nature typical to the band Interpol, this song was absolutely the best choice that could have been made for that Clana scene...I've invested a lot of years in the Clana Smallville relationship, but now for the first time, with that scene, I'm beginning to understand why Clark Kent and Lana Lang's story is one without a happy ending!

Thank you Smallville, for having a standout 7th season, and for introducing us to great music, in a year where television is so heavily dominated by reality tv, crap, and....well endless reruns, due to the continuing writers strike! What an incredible show, and "Pioneer to the Falls" is truly an incredible song!
                  Last edited by 6nb; 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Pretty amazing review^^ This is valuable for the 7 seasons. The best SV quality ever is its musical choice.

Comment

How could anyone not like that song at the end? It fit both scenes, with Lex, and with Biz/Lana. It was more like the sound you'd get on Supernatural (reminds me of one of theirs, but I just can't place it), which is fine with me. It worked beautifully with this episode and those two scenes.

Comment

it was very fitting with the scene with both lez and clark and lana/.,, wt was the music in the scene with clark, lana and bizarro when she puts the blue kryptoniten her hand?

Comment

Loved the song at the end...
                          Great choice =)

Comment

Once again, those who are responsible for matching music/scene, did a great job.

Comment

Interpol song

I have never heard of this group but they remind me of Joy Division from the late 70s/early 80s. Probably most people who watch this show won't be familiar with them but they are worth checking out if you like this song.

Comment

I loved the last scene and w/ this amazing song well it makes it a great ending LOVE IT!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎