Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it, Hated it, What did you think of Persona?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Sad .....

Originally posted by smallvillelogan

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I actually don't mind the CHARACTER of Lana, I just, like all fans but Clana4forever people, am tired of the Clark-Lana RELATIONSHIP. But it's gonna end soon. Maybe Fracture?
    Gang - for all of those Lana fans - she was raped. I don't see how you stand it. She was raped and the hero can't face her now. How screwed up can this get? I have never had a show where I kept coming back hoping for redemption .... only to be drug down another dark alley. I see the interviews where this AlMiles combo talks a great talk about the Superman thing ... but this is just warped. The Shawshank reference was very good, maybe that's what they are after.

They have stated over and over again - this is so that Clark doesn't mess up his relationship with Lois. But geezzzzzlouise ... this would cause so many issues in real life - there aren't enough counseling sessions to undo it. It so overdone now .... I am so glad the writers strike occurred. Hopefully the momentum is dead and this will die a peaceful death.

Comment

• I thought this episode was really good. The phycology of Lex is so touching. I mean you can see it the whole way through the show. Starting with the most traumatic event in Lex's life. When his mother murdered his brother. His first instinct was to selflessly protect his mother. Yet at the same time couldn't help wondering why she let him take the blame. Wondering why his mom didn't protect him from his dad. I think that's was what caused Lex to fake a pregnancy with Lana. In order to get her to stay. It's like he's repeating that event. He was never sure his mother really loved him just like he was never really sure Lana loved him. So he settled for being seconds as long as he could have her. That is totally something a child would do. That traumatized part of himself is still very much with him.
      And I think his attempt at cloneing Julian was almost like trying to make that horrible event disappear like it never happened. If he could just bring julian back then he wouldn't be the murderer everyone thought he was as a child. Also I think it was a way of him trying to take control of his life, because so much of his power was taken away from him as a child by Lionel. And when he saw that Lionel was showering affection on Grant, and again loveing everyone but him, it was like rejection all over again and he killed Grant to prevent that pain. (Not that it excuses the murder of Grant or the fake pregnancy of Lana just an explanation)
      The sad thing is. Lex never killed julian as a child but took the blame for it and was treated like a baby killer who killed his brother his whole life. It was never true... but now it is. Now he really did kill his brother. So sad.
      I love lex's character. It's so hard to hate him. Michael rosenbaum does an amazing job of portraying Lex.

Comment

• Some of the acting on here was pretty wooden like they are just not caring anymore. Other than that, a pretty good episode. What I don't like is the whole Jor-El thing left hanging as far as what he did to Clark while keeping him imprisoned.

Comment

• Jor El never takes action without good reason. Something was happening to Clark while 'frozen', we just don't know what the consequence was "yet".
          Last edited by berniepooh; 02-21-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• I haven't read all of the post so I don't know if this was mentioned. It was the last scene with Clark and Lana. I thought it was great with the silence speaking volumes. I really felt bad for them. Looking in at Clark through the window with the rain running down the pane looked like tears going down his face. I enjoyed this episode for the most part and gave it a 10. Sometimes we don't understand why things are the way they are in Smallville but I'm sure the writters have it all planned out and answers will come by and by. My thanks to everyone who puts together such a wonderful show.

Comment

• Yet Another Great Episode!

Comment

• I liked it. Bizzaro was hot hot hot and Lana was dumb dumb dumb.

Comment

• Brilliant episode! Exciting after the cliffhanger of Gemini. Loved the whole Bizarro storyline. Exciting when Bizarro entered the fortress unaware that Clark was incased above him and when Jor-el realised that he had to let Clark go to stop the phantom. Brilliant moment!

Comment

• It was amsome but not better than gemini.2on my top 3.Liked how bizzaro was in it,brainic returning was tight and it finally showed bizzaros weakness!

Comment

• What I didn't like here (and beyond) was the fact that Lois' recent boyfriend got killed, and she has absolutely no reaction to it. No sorrow, no tears, nothing. She just visits Oliver to get l*id by him again.

Comment

• Originally posted by honsou
                        What I didn't like here (and beyond) was the fact that Lois' recent boyfriend got killed, and she has absolutely no reaction to it. No sorrow, no tears, nothing. She just visits Oliver to get l*id by him again.
                        You obviously didn't pay close attention to the story. Lois never found out that Grant was killed. How would she know? It was poor writing. They killed Grant and then just forgot about him completely and never mentioned him again. For all Lois knows, he just left town.

Comment

• I am of two minds about this episode, which had some high and low points for me. Clark and Bizarro facing off is something I always like seeing, and Tom Welling's acting in both his roles were very cool. I also got a big kick out of the fact that Chloe saw through the doppelganger's facade almost immediately, where as Lana remained in the dark until Clark informed her of what had really happened. Brainiac coming back and having a temporary alliance with Bizarro was awesome. Dax-Ur was pretty cool, too, as was the way that blue kryptonite was the method of Bizarro's undoing. Grant getting killed so callously by Lex... I did not like that. That was SO cold, and awful. I saw no redemption for him after that. I guess I'll give this episode... 6 out of 10 Lana-cooked Parisian dinners.

Comment

• Overall a good episode, pretty solid. I just found it dumb that Lana was so naive. When Chloe was telling her that it was Bizarro and not Clark, she was in denial and couldn't believe it. I like that Chloe figured it out first, it proves she really does know Clark better than anyone. I was disappointed that Lex killed Grant, he didn't deserve that. Nice to see Brainiac again. I give it an 8.5/10.

Comment

• I enjoyed this episode but how did Bizarro get out of where ever he got taken to?

Comment

• Lana really overstayed her welcome, by several seasons.

You know, as much as I tend to trash her and AlMiles inability to let her go. I must admit, I like that Lana was unable to tell it wasn't the real Clark. Other shows would be tempted to have the creators pet be hypersmart and able to tell who is fake and who is the real deal. Lana, on the other hand, is able to spend an extended period of time and even sleep with Bizarro, without being able to tell it isn't Clark. Even when faced with the truth, she refuses to believe it.

Nice seeing Brainiac back. However, there is some inconsistency with his creation. Here, it's Dax-Ur who created Brainiac. Other episodes credits Jor-El as his creator.

This marks the last of four "Bizarro" episodes. Sad seeing an originally good villain, be turned into a love sick puppy, with a Lana obsession. It also marks his death. However, in the comics, there have been several Bizarros. They're imperfect clones and can always be re-created. The first comic Bizarro was a one-off character, in the Superboy comic, who was killed off. They later introduced another one (and many more after that). So, killing off Bizarro (before Clark's become Superman) isn't exactly the same thing, as killing off certain other characters from the Superman mythos.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎