No announcement yet.

Caitlyn Stuck?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginx
    I think she's just gone. It was an interesting write off for the character. Now we'll have a version of Peter that has lived the Hero life - loved and lost and fought the fights - so He'll be able to better live up to being an actual HERO in Vol.3

I think that it's safe to say that it isn't Back to the Future - there is not way to have the future correct itself around Catlin - she's still misplaced in time and since that timeline no longer exists - she no longer exists.
    going by heroes continuity the present-adam was alive and being held by the company when hiro went back in time to meet past-adam, hiro and adam both said to peter that they knew each other 400 years ago if hiro hadnt went back in time they wouldnt have had there lifetime rivalry

the thing about hiro and adams story though is was present-adams memory effected by hiros actions in the past basically creating new memories for the present adam

so, so long as hiro helps peter to find the reality peter left catlin in she can be found

Comment

they are not going to leave her. peter tried to find the vile to save her so hes going to save her.

Comment

I think she's just gone. It was an interesting write off for the character. Now we'll have a version of Peter that has lived the Hero life - loved and lost and fought the fights - so He'll be able to better live up to being an actual HERO in Vol.3
        LOL, do we forget Simone? I'm sure Peter will find a new girl in Volume 3. One that will die before the end of it.

Comment

kaitlin is the new villian. "Peter, how could you have left me there?" then bam bam bam.

Comment

I know, Pete returns to the future and retrieves her, then we find that Caitlin has the virus and everything starts over again.

Comment

I personally believe that we might have to wait in the next volume to find out what happen to Caitlyn. I don't think the writers will just write off her character like that without an explanation. Sure there might be theories, but they just can't leave character like that. It would just make no sense for her character to come on in the first place.

I hope that Tim and the writers find a conclusion to her story. She might not need to appear on screen, but at least give a good explanation. Thats all I want.

Comment

I think she just is in an alternate tinmeline, He should ask Hiro to go get her.

Comment

she's still misplaced in time and since that timeline no longer exists - she no longer exists.
                  IMO, the fact that she's misplaced in time makes it more likely that the future would correct itself around her; she'd be unaffected by changes made in our present whereas everyone else's 'past' would've been altered.

Comment

She'd just be incorporated into the present.

Comment

Well, Peter couldn't go get her from a point before they left because then she wouldn't be there to go with him to the future in the first place.

I don't think she just ceased to exist but I do think she is in a place where no one can get to her...namely the future where the virus happened. I don't think any of our time traveling heroes can access that place anymore because their future changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Insight
                        Well, Peter couldn't go get her from a point before they left because then she wouldn't be there to go with him to the future in the first place.

I don't think she just ceased to exist but I do think she is in a place where no one can get to her...namely the future where the virus happened. I don't think any of our time traveling heroes can access that place anymore because their future changed.

just to be clear, are you saying that she doesn't exist then simply because the Heroes' future changes?

even if the future changes, it doesn't mean that Peter has forgotten about Caitlyn. He still knows and remembers that Caitlyn is stuck in the future.

So what I am trying to figure out is, will Peter attempt to go back to the future and bring Caitlyn back to the present time?

Comment

The way Adam and Peter were talking about it, it sounded like changing the timeline would save her... not cause her to not exist... probably an indication of where the writers will take this... I very much doubt she'd cease to exist based on that.

Comment

Well Peter doesn't know how to control his time abilities so well, kind of like Hiro in season 1. He tried to go back to save Caitlyn after he accidentally jumped back to the present, but he couldn't activate the power because he isn't entirely sure how it works. The only person that would be able to help him would be Hrio, who might not be so happy to help him because of their last encounter where he almost killed him with Telekinesis.

Comment

I'm thinking that Hiro, and to a lesser extent, Peter, have to have the ability to travel to other dimensions too, that is basically all that an alternate future is. Basically I think that as far as fictional time travel theory goes DragonBall Z had the most realistic take on things. For every action, or every time trip, a new dimension is made. Kaitlin is still in virus ravaged New York. It's just a matter of Peter or Hiro figuring out how to pin point where/when she is.

I'm thinking that if Peter learns to control his teleporting power and gets Emily's(?) person finding powers he may be able to pick Kaitlin out of time and space to save her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎