No announcement yet.

Showing latin countries...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing latin countries...

I think the show is trying to get the atention of latin viewers. I am half dominican and half venezuelan, and my dominican friends were so excited to see Dominican Republic in the show, they all have in their nicks "Dominican Republic in Heroes!". As for Venezuela, I am dissapointed because they didnt show the country itself, just and old crappy church with a guy who talked more as a cuban, LOL. What do you think? Heroes going for the latins?

I'm sure they're just trying to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible. We've seen America, South America, Haiti, Ireland, Canada, Japan, and maybe another country or two that I'm forgetting. These phenomena are global events and, other than just trying to appeal to people from these characters, I also think they're trying to show that they're global, and not limited to America.

Comment

Yeah!Peter ended up in Montreal on rue St-Jacques.Too bad I wasn't there

Comment

Yes, I think its ok they do that, not like the comics we are used to see, they are all from new york, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacheito
          Yes, I think its ok they do that, not like the comics we are used to see, they are all from new york, LOL.
          Um...no. Shoot, take a look at Heroes spiritual predecessor, the X-Men. Particularly the 'New' X-Men from the seventies-Colossus from Russia, Wolverine from Canada, Nightcrawler from Germany, Storm from Africa, Banshee from Ireland, Sunfire from Japan...etc etc...

Superman is from Metropolis, and Batman from Gotham, both fictional cities.

The Fantastic Four and Spiderman are New Yorkers, sure, as is the Punisher and a handful of others, but theres tons of diversity in comics.

Comment

Re: Showing latin countries...

I think the show is trying to get the atention of latin viewers. I am half dominican and half venezuelan, and my dominican friends were so excited to see Dominican Republic in the show, they all have in their nicks "Dominican Republic in Heroes!". As for Venezuela, I am dissapointed because they didnt show the country itself, just and old crappy church with a guy who talked more as a cuban, LOL. What do you think? Heroes going for the latins?
            <--

I don't know about you, but "Santo Domingo" looked a lot like somewhere in Mexico.

Comment

Re: Re: Showing latin countries...

Originally posted by Rafael122
              <--

I don't know about you, but "Santo Domingo" looked a lot like somewhere in Mexico.
              Well it was like Zona Colonial, and I dont think they could find in mexico so many look alike dominicans.

I live in Venezuela and I can tell you for sure, that was not Venezuela, but Im sure it was Santo Domingo, plus, both actors are dominican in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                I'm sure they're just trying to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible. We've seen America, South America, Haiti, Ireland, Canada, Japan, and maybe another country or two that I'm forgetting. These phenomena are global events and, other than just trying to appeal to people from these characters, I also think they're trying to show that they're global, and not limited to America.
                I take you wanted to say North America?

Comment

I thought they were from Honduras? Why would they be trying to get to the US through Mexico if they're from an island in the Caribbiean?

Comment

Well, is safer than going in a boat dont you think?, Plus, they were already in Venezuela when they decided to go, they couldnt take a plane anymore due to the circustances of murder.

Comment

Originally posted by rocana
                      I thought they were from Honduras? Why would they be trying to get to the US through Mexico if they're from an island in the Caribbiean?
                      WOW... where did you learn geography??

HONDURAS IS NOT AN ISLAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
                        WOW... where did you learn geography??

HONDURAS IS NOT AN ISLAND!!
                        No, but the Dominican Republic is, which is what I beleive they were referring to. Simply stating they originally thought the twins came from hondurus, now knowing they didnt why would they take the route they are taking.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                          No, but the Dominican Republic is, which is what I beleive they were referring to. Simply stating they originally thought the twins came from hondurus, now knowing they didnt why would they take the route they are taking.
                          did u read what I said? lol

Comment

did u read what I said? lol
                            Is your name foxhoundito? No? Then my reply had nothing to do with you. His was the post just previous to mine, take a look at it. I was replying to it, hence my reply being the next one down. Good grief what is with folks thinking everything is about them.

Comment

Originally posted by pycer
                              Is your name foxhoundito? No? Then my reply had nothing to do with you. His was the post just previous to mine, take a look at it. I was replying to it, hence my reply being the next one down. Good grief what is with folks thinking everything is about them.
                              its just that since u were wondering why did they take that route... like i said, they decided to go when they were in venezuela.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎