Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville's most CONSISTENT character? w/poll...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Jonathan. He basically said the same things to Clark every episode. "Be careful son." Also, he was the only character not to undergo a personality revamp from a FOTW.

Comment

Lois and Jpnathan

Comment

Unfortunatly, i would say clark

Comment

Certainly Lois.

Comment

Lois

Comment

Lois

Comment

It's hard because SV always had a habit of making characters go OOC just serve the storyline of a terrible episode or season long arc. Jimmy never went OOC. He was the most consistent character. Jonathan stood by his beliefs. Martha went OOC doing her Mionel faze. Lois went OOC sometimes. Lana was the definition of inconsistent! Every character around her went OOC! Every last one. Well, not Jimmy and Jonathan. I say Jimmy and Jonathan.
                Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 05-10-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mello Penelo
                  Jonathan. He was the only person who grew as a character, yet kept the same personality.
                  I totally agree.

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by hadezown
                  I voted Jonathan. He basically said the same things to Clark every episode. "Be careful son." Also, he was the only character not to undergo a personality revamp from a FOTW.
                  Last edited by MarvelXY; 05-19-2011, 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My vote goes to Jonathan

Comment

• CHLOE

Clark was so ridiculously written over the years... It would take pages and pages for me to talk about his INconsistencies!

Lois was just terribly written and ALL over the place in seasons 5-7, they just didn't have ANYTHING for her to do... or care enough to give the character a decent pattern of growth. Season 4, then Season 8 onward - she totally rocked!

Chloe was consistent, because I always knew what her MOTIVATION was... one word - CLARK. The focus of her life and most of her activities were CLARK, his secret, his Identity, being his bff, trying to get him to love her, protecting him, controlling him, and ultimately making herself indispensable to his Hero world.

Oliver was well-written... flawed, but well rounded... and consistent... UNTIL Season 10... where he lost ALL sense of self... and was really no longer his own person. Except in Dominion and Prophecy, he had SOME of his Season 6 - 9 spark back!

Originally posted by KaliROSE
                      I think Lex is always seeming to be evil, and is always going on about people not trusting him, so technically he is a consistent hypocrit.
                      Well, I would say that Clark lying to everyone he knows, day in and day out AND THEN insisting that Everyone trust and believe in him I think that qualifies him for the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE award on Smallville

I know, people say that Superman always lies Lois, etc., but having a secret identity and lying to someone's face, manipulating them and playing mind games. Now, THAT is how the PTB set up Clark's character on Smallville from DAY ONE. The way he deceived his so called friends... and Lex... and Lana... he trusted no one... it was just terrible. I think the SV did a really bad job with Clark's character... displaying a glaring lack of integrity

Ex. Why set up the episode of Idol where Lois has to FIND OUT the truth... if Clark and CHLOE were just going to "have to" lie and trick her into disbelief AND Clark was going actively let her FALL OFF A ROOF to keep his secret from her??? The writers creating Situations like that seemed really unnecessary and damaging to CLARK, imho.
                      Last edited by luckycloisfan; 05-24-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• I'd go with Jonathan Kent.

Comment

• Agree, Jonathan was the most consistent, his morals never changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by meteor_phreak
                            In your opinion, who is the most consistent from week to week, season to season of all the main characters.
                            Clark, Chloe, Pete and Lana all started out as high school freshmen. Arguably, they shouldn't be entirely consistent season to season, because they're still growing up. Lex might've been older, but he was only 21, at the start of the show (according to a quick Google search, the brain isn't fully developed until you're 25). Even by the end of the show, Clark and Chloe are only 24. Lois is a college freshman in season 4, so she'd be a year older. According to "Abandoned", Tess would've been 23 going on 24, when she's introduced in season 8.

It's understandable that these characters aren't the same in season 4, as they were in season 1, because they're older. Even some week to week inconsistencies can be explained away by their brains not being fully developed. To tie back to my Google search, it's not fully developed until you're 25, and that includes the prefrontal cortex (rational thinking). That's why they can be impulsive and not always rational (resulting in apparent inconsistencies), because that part of their brains haven't fully developed yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎