Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jealousy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, guys, I am back. And I Do hope that this chapter makes up for not updating for a while. Enjoy =)

Chloe's eyes fluttered open. She heard clicking noises all around her, echoeing in her ears. Weakly, she lifted her head and looked to her left. A heart monitor machine stood by the table, clicking with every beat her heart made.

"I see your finally awake."

She looked now to her right. Lex stood there, his hands in his jacket, and a smug smile on his face.

"Son of a..."

"Please," Lex said, lifting his hand. "Save your strength. Trust me, you'll need it."

Chloe closed her eyes, the burning sensation in her veins coming back the angrier she got. She took a deep breathe, trying to calm herself down.

"What did you do to me?"

Lex shrugged, the smile still planted on his face. "To be honest, we're not exactly sure." He removed his hands from his jacket and bent down, his face close to hers. "But your veins are glowing a nice purple."

Chloe could hear the heart monitor click rapidly as her heart started pounding more. She lifted her hand slowly, examining it. The veins in her hands shone with a bright purple. The same color as the meteor rock they had injected her with. She placed her hand down, starting to feel fear overwhelm her.

"As far as we can tell from our research," Lex stated, walking around the table now, "It doesn't have the same affects as the green Meteor rock." He glared at Chloe from the corner of his eye. "Lucky for you and Clark."

"Clark has nothing to do with this, you pyschotic sicko!" Chloe gasped.

"Stop defending him, Chloe!" Lex snapped, slamming his hand on the table. "You're in no position to challenge me!"

Chloe let out a small laugh, her lungs aching with every breathe. "You're so going to be sorry when Clark and Lana get their hands on you."

"What makes you think their coming for you?" Lex asked, placing his hands back into his jacket. "From what I heard, Lana's moved on with Kara." The smug smile returned. "And Lois and Clark have their own life going on. What makes you think their going to come for little old you?"

Chloe allowed a smile to plant upon her lips. "Because, unlike you, I'm loved."

Lex's smile disappeared, and he slammed his hand once more on the table before turning and rushing out of the lab. He turned around at the door and grabbed the doctor by the collar of his lab coat. He pulled him close, his breathe hot on the doctor's face.

"Give her more."

The doctor's face changed from stunned to serious. "Sir, I can't inject her anymore. We don't even know what it does to her."

Lex released the doctor calmly, smoothing out his coat. "Do it. I won't tell you again."

The doctor watched in awe as Lex continued on his way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, Clark, we're here, now what?" Lois asked as she stood outside the building. Oliver, Kara and Lana stood on the other side of her.

"Now I bust the door down." Clark answered.

He started towards the door, but Oliver grabbed ahold of his shoulder.

"Wait up, Boy Scout." After Clark gave him a frown, he continued. " Knowing Lex Luthor, he has a lot of security around."

"I can take them," Clark answered, heading for the door again.

Oliver ran in front of him this time, holding his hands up. "They could be armed, Clark."

"I can dodge bullets."

Lana and Lois stepped forward.

"Well we can't," Lana said.

Clark looked them over, hesitating. "Then stay here," he answered, walking away. Oliver attempted to stop him this time, but Clark pushed him away roughly. "Stay with them!" He snapped, pointing to Lana and Lois.

"I know you want to get to her, Clark. And we do too. But we have to do it carefully or else one or more of us won't be coming out of that building." Oliver answered, his voice calm.

Clark thought that over. He looked behind him, staring at Lois and Lana. Lois, the love of his life. How could he be so selfish that he could put her in danger like that. And Lana. He wasn't thinking, that was plain. He stepped back and nodded to Oliver.

Oliver squeezed his shoulder gently and smiled. "Good man."

He reached into the black duffel bag he had brought, and retrieved a black rope. He slung it over his shoulder and nodded to Clark then at the ceiling.

"How about a lift?"

Nodding, Clark grabbed Oliver by the shirt and effortlessely threw him up to the roof, where Oliver landed flat on his face. Grunting in pain, he leaped up and went to the air vent. He looped the rope around, tying it in a knot before running to the edge of the roof.

Without breaking stride, he leaped off the roof, the rope still in his hand. Lois and Lana both yelled out in surprise, covering their mouths.

The rope ended about a foot before it hit the ground, and Oliver rebounded, his hands sliding down the rope a little. With a grunt, he jumped off and landed in the grass on all fours. He glanced up at Clark and smiled.

"Just wanted to make sure it could hold our weight."

Clark shook his head and clapped Oliver on the shoulder. "You know I wouldn't have caught you anyway." He said as he started up the rope.

Oliver stared after him, a grin plastered on his face. He gestured to Lois to go on ahead. With a gentle nod to Lana, he started up the rope as well.

"That was a joke, right?" Oliver asked as he climbed up after them.

They reached the top after a few seconds, with Lois complaining noisily about the height. Clark could only chuckle a little. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up, Kara doing the same for Lana.

Clark walked over to the air vent and pulled the rope up. Effortlessly, he ripped the cover off of the vent. He threw it to his feet and turned to the others.

"Alright, guys, Let's go get our friend back." He stood aside as the other's went ahead of him.

Before Oliver crawled in, Clark stopped him with a hand to the chest. He turned his face to his. "Destory anyone who gets in your way," he said, his eyes focused on Oliver.

Oliver nodded in understanding and crawled in. A few seconds later, Clark crawled in after him.

He just hoped Chloe was still alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe watched nervously as the doctor circled the table, her eyes never leaving him. "Go ahead, do your worst," she spat at him.

The doctor seemed to hesitate before he placed the syringe of the liquid down. He let out a long sigh and ran a hand through his brown hair. Without any other hesitation, he started to loosen Chloe's straps.

"W..what are you doing?" Chloe asked, her eyes opening wide in surprise.

The doctor smiled weakly as he loosened the last of the straps, releasing Chloe. "Letting you go."

Chloe sat up, her head spinning. She put a hand to her head and shook her head lightly, trying to rid herself of the sickness. When her vision became clearer, she glanced at the doctor again. "Why?"

He shrugged and turned his back on her, walking to a control panel. He pressed his finger onto a button, and a hissing sound echoed throughout the room. "The door's are unlocked. Now go."

Chloe jumped off the table. "But what will they do to you?"

The doctor managed a smile. "Whatever they do, it won't be as bad as what they did to you."

"They'll kill you," Chloe replied, her chest feeling heavy all of a sudden.

The doctor nodded. "Probably. But at least I'll know you're safe. No more will Lex Luthor control me."

"Come with me then."

The doctor seemed taken back by her words. He shook his head. "I am flattered, Ms Sullivan. But I cannot." He lifted up his the arm of his lab coat and revealed his bare arm. He pointed to his wrist. "You see, they implanted me with a chip. They'll know everywhere I go, everything I do." His face turned sad suddenly. "I can never escape him."

Chloe's eyebrow's furrowed in concentration. Then her eyes went wide. "You're a meteor freak." She whispered.

The doctor looked at the ground and nodded slowly, sadly. "They gave me a choice. Because I am a scientist, they gave me the choice of being locked up in a cell like so many of the 33.1 prisoners, or I could help them." Unfallen tears glistened in his eyes. "Sometimes I think I made the wrong choice."

"You saved yourself," Chloe said, trying to comfort him.

"Did I?" He asked, looking up at her now.

Chloe swallowed the lump in her throat. She could feel the tears threaten to fall.

The doctor covered up his arm and pointed to the door. "Now go."

"Wait," she asked. "What about the stuff you injected me with."

"I'm not even sure what it does, Ms Sullivan. But I can't help you anymore. Save yourself."

Without turning around again, Chloe ran out of the lab.

The doctor watched her go, a sad smile on his face. "Take care, Ms. Sullivan."

What did you think?

Comment

Thanks for reading I

Has been more

Kal-K

Comment

I love this update.
        I like how Oliver, Clark, Lois and Lana teamed up to save Chloe and I'm glad Chloe is free.
        Can't wait to see what effect will have the rock on Chloe.
        PPMS

Comment

Hey thanks for the review. I'll try and have the next chapter up soon, and there won't be as much of a wait as there was for the last chapter =]

Comment

Thoroughly enjoy the update - sorry it took me a few days to discover it was up and running, Rebekkah. Looking forward to the update and shall be back soon.

Comment

Here's the new chapter. I had typed it out and everything on here, and it got deleted, because apparently I wasn't logged in. So hopefully it's a good chapter. A little short, but hopefully good. Enjoy

Chloe sped down the hallway, stopping at every corner to check around. Her head felt light, her body weak. She lifted a hand to her head and wavered a little, falling against the wall.

Footsteps echoed in the silent hallway. Suddenly alert, Chloe lifted herself off of the wall. She slid herself closer to the noise, waiting.

When the person, (Or persons), came closer, Chloe jumped out at them, ready to attack. Her superspeed gave out at the last second. She silently swore at herself.

She felt herself being pushed against another wall, her lungs exploding as she struggled to breathe against her attacker. She heard a crack, followed by a searing pain that made it's way through her chest.

"Chloe?"

The grip on her loosed, and the pain miminized a little. She lifted her head to look at her captor.

"Clark?" She pushed herself off the wall. She could see everyone standing in front of her. "My God, Clark. I think you broke a rib." She clutched at her stomach and doubled over in pain.

Lana pushed through her friends and made her way to Chloe, kneeling down at her side. She tenderly touched Chloe's cheek, sending a chill up Chloe's spine.

"Did they hurt you?" Lana asked.

"Clark did," Chloe snapped. Lana flinched at the harshness in her voice.

Chloe could feel anger rise up in her. An anger she'd never felt before. Another pain flashed through her veins, and she doubled over again.

"Chloe?" Lana asked, her voice panicked.

Chloe's vision became blurred, images of purple taking over. She growled low in her throat, and stood up straight. A chill ran through her body, and she welcomed it. She grinned at them; a cold, evil grin. Her eyes glowed a brilliant purple, her veins illuminating purple through her skin.

"Somethings wrong," Oliver commented.

"You think!?" Lois snapped.

Oliver grabbed Lana roughly by the arm and pulled her back towards him.

Chloe lunged at them, a growl emerging from her throat.

Clark sped forwards, pushing Lana and Oliver aside. Chloe smashed into him, falling backwards onto the cement ground. Clark picked her up by the collar and pushed her to the side before running to Lana and Oliver.

"What the hell is happening?" Clark asked as he helped Lana and Oliver up.

Oliver, lost for words, just shrugged. "I don't know. But we have to get out of here, now!"

"I am not leaving her!" Lana yelled.

Chloe lunged at them again. Clark sped in front of Lana and pushed Chloe into a nearby wall. Chloe hit it with a thud, leaving a crack in the wall. She immediately regained herself, ignoring the pain.

"What's she doing?" Kara asked.

"Following my orders."

Everyone looked over. Chloe came to a stop, now calm and collected. But still unresponsive.

"Lex," Lois hissed. She clenched her fists by her sides.

Lex smiled. He stepped out of the shadows, four men following suit.

"What did you do to her?" Clark asked, stepping forwards.

Lex shrugged. "I just gave her a little dosage of purple meteor rock."

Lana looked back at Chloe. She stood completely still, her eyes still glowing a faint purple.

"So, what?" Lois asked. "It's some sort of mind control thing?"

"No," Oliver interupted. He stepped forward, his eyes still on Lex. "It's a little like the red meteor rocks."

Everyone turned their attention to him, all equally confused.

Oliver continued on. "With the red meteor rocks, you become someone else, an alter ego. But with the purple rocks, you become a monster. You forget everything and everyone. Your humanity goes. You feel nothing." He looked back at Chloe. "No pain, no love. It's just...blank."

Lex raised an eyebrow. "I'm impressed, Oliver."

Oliver shrugged, now looking back to Lex. "I study meteor rocks."

"So what now?" Lois asked. "You're just going to turn her on us?"

Lex smiled. "I suggest you start running."

What did you guys think? I made up the whole purple meteor rock effect thing, and I have to say I'm pretty proud. It took so long, haha. Oh, I wanted to ask. Are you getting bored with the story at all? Because if you are, you can tell me you know, haha. If there's any suggestions or anything, feel free to say so. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Comment

That's evil. I hate you Lex and your purple meteor rocks Poor Chloe.
                Great update. I hope Oliver will also know how to save Chloe. Can't wait for more.
                Not bored at all. Don't dare to stop writing this story

Comment

Um, could Oliver be an more stupid - I'm sorry, but stating the obvious when he ought to either be running in the opposite direction of beating the crap out of Lex - just have a little guts and get in there!

Well, enough of my rant: another impressive installment but not happy you left us on such a cliffhanger... you best be back before I die of suspense and I'll back samanta... don't you dare stop writing this story!

Comment

I did a double feature today. That's right. Two chapters! Their actually the last chapters of this story. But there's a third one in the works, if you guys wanna read it. Lex isn't in it though, I promise =P. Anyway, thanks for reading and enjoy the last two chapters.

Oliver stepped forward, his eyebrows furrowed in anger. "I'm not leaving without Chloe," he stated, pointing a finger at Lex.

Lex smiled. "Then you're not leaving."

Oliver leapt forward, grabbing Lex by the collar without warning. He turned his head to Clark, his grip still tight on Lex's collar.

"Go!" He yelled.

Clark hesitated. He grabbed Lois by the arm, urging her to follow him. Lana and Kara followed behind him hastily, Lana throwing another glance towards Chloe.

When they were safely out of sight, Oliver turned his attention back to Lex. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Lex's men start to move towards him, their hands reaching into their jackets.

He gripped tighter onto Lex. "Come any closer and your boss is dead!"

Lex held up his hand, reassuring his men. The men stopped in their tracks, their hands coming back out of their pockets, unarmed.

Oliver slammed Lex against the wall, his eyes peircing through him.

"Man, if looks could kill," Lex mumbled, the corners of his mouth twitching.

Oliver slammed him against the wall again. Lex felt his head rebound off the wall. He could swear he heard a crack. He could feel warm liquid drip down the back of his neck.

"Speak again and I'll rip your throat out!"

Lex playfully raised his eyebrows, now silent. He eyed Oliver as he released his hold on Lex.

"How do I stop it?" Oliver asked, his voice a whisper.

Lex shrugged. He held his hand to the back of his head, his fingers coming away with blood on them.

Oliver felt a rage overcome him. He cocked back his fist and brought it back into Lex's face.

Lex's head rebounded again off the wall, his newly cut head now stinging more. Blood spurted from his nose.

Oliver raised his fist again threatingly, but Lex yelled out in protest.

"I said I didn't know!"

Oliver grinned. "You injected her, you know the cure."

Lex let out a breathe. "She was just an experiment. Nothing more." He looked over at Chloe, who was still standing still, her hands at her sides. "Kill them all," he said.

Chloe sped off within a second. Oliver cried out.

"Call her back!"

Lex just smiled and watched as his men overtook Oliver.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lana, Lois and Clark hurried down the dimly lit corridor. Kara had sped off ahead to find another exit.

"I don't want to leave here without her," Lana said, stopping in her tracks.

Clark, who was checking around the corner for factory workers, turned back to them. "Everything's going to be alright." He knew, though, that he was only trying to reassure himseld.

Seconds later, a blur sped into Clark, knocking him into a wall. Clark was dug deep into the wall, the dust rising up around him.

Chloe had stopped. Her eyes focusing first on Clark. Then her head turned towards Lana and Lois. Her knuckles were bleeding, possibly broken, but she didn't seem to pay any mind to it.

"Woah, Cuz," Lois started, holding up a shaking hand.

Chloe started towards them slowly. Her eyes, Lana noticed, seemed empty. Chloe clenched her broken hand into a fist, little drops of blood dropping into a puddle on the floor.

Clark struggled out from the wall, dust covering him. He held up a hand to his jaw where Chloe had hit him. Blood came away on his fingers. Shocked, he looked back to Chloe.

Seeing Chloe advance on Lois and Lana, he sped towards her.

Without hesitation, Chloe turned around and hit him with another blast, this one to his chest.

Clark flew into a pile of crates. He winced as he struggled once more to get up.

It was too late.

Chloe had grabbed Lois around the throat. Lana had been pushed aside into a nearby wall.

"Chloe, please!" Lois cried out, tears streaming down her face. She gasped out for air, but Chloe squeezed her throat tighter.

Lana had regained herself and ran over. She grabbed ahold of Chloe's free arm and tugged.

Chloe effortlessely threw her aside again, this time knocking her out.

Lois's face was now stained with tears. Her lips moved, soundless, as she attempted to speak.

Another blur came into the room, this one smashing into Chloe.

Letting go of Lois, Chloe and the blur rammed into the wall. Chloe flew through it, into the next room.

The blur came speeding back to Lois and Lana.

"Kara.." Lois gasped, relieved.

Kara frowned, concerned, and helped Lois to her feet. She made her way over to Lana and kneeled down, tenderly running her hand over Lana's cheek.

Kara picked up Lana and they turned towards Clark and they heard a rumble from the next room.

Kara and Lois stopped. Turned around.

Chloe stood in front of them, her face still blank. Blood dripped from her head, staining her blonde hair.

Kara gently placed Lana against a wall and pulled Lois over to her. She then walked over to Chloe and held up her hands.

"I don't want to hurt you."

Without saying another word, Chloe leapt at Kara.

Kara stood her ground and pushed all of her weight against Chloe, throwing her into another wall. Chloe just regained herself and came at Kara again.

Shaking her head in disbelief, Kara sped around to the back of Chloe. She placed her hands on Chloe's shoulders and pulled her backwards, flipping her to the ground.

Chloe's foot came out from under her and kicked Kara's leg. Kara tripped and fell over, landing beside Chloe.

Chloe jumped on top of Kara, straddling her, and placed her hands around her throat. She started to squeeze.

Kara felt a sickeness overcome her, and dry heaved as Chloe's grip loosened. With as much strength as she could muster, Kara pushed Chloe to the side, coughing in pain. She held her hand over her side as she heard a voice.

"Kara, get away."

Kara looked up. Oliver stood there, beaten, bloody and bruised, a green meteor rock in his hands.

She obeyed and stood up, stumbling over to Lana and Lois.

Chloe struggled on the ground as her face contorted with pain. She gasped, the purple in her eyes starting to disappear.

"What are you doing?" Clark asked.

"I'm hoping the green meteors will drain some of the purple." He looked behind him. "We don't have much time."

Chloe gasped out in pain then, her voice echoeing through the halls.

Oliver, assuming it was safe, threw the rock to another corner of the room and ran to Chloe's side.

He helped her sit up as she looked around, tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" she asked, gasping for air.

Lana, who had just regained conciousness, crawled over to Chloe.

Chloe flinched back, the pain and emotions hitting her all at once. "Oh, God..." She cried out, lowering her head into Lana's lap.

Lana ran her hands tenderly through Chloe's hair. "It's okay, Chloe..."

She looked up at the others.

"It's all going to be okay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lana walked into Chloe's room. She saw her sitting on the bed, staring at her bandaged hand.

"Hey," Lana said, mustering up a smile. She leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms.

Chloe didn't even look up. "Hi."

"Lex got taken away. I don't think he'll be bothering you for a while." She smiled, proud of what they had all done.

That's when Lana noticed the suitcases.

"No."

Chloe looked up finally. She nodded in confirmation.

Lana uncrossed her arms and strode further into the room. She picked up the suitcase and threw it against the wall, the clothes flying all over the room. "This is how you deal with our problems?! By running away!?"

"I have to."

"Why?" Lana asked, sobbing.

"There's still traces of purple meteor rock in my system. I'm going to Star City with Oliver. He's going to train me."

"Train here."

"I can't." Chloe stood up and started to collect her things.

"Please," Lana pleaded, tears falling down her face. She bit her lower lip. "I need you here."

"No," Chloe said, turning to face her. "What you need is to be happy. I can't give you that. Not now." She picked up her suitcase and threw it onto the bed, zipping it up.

"You can't do this!" Lana yelled.

Chloe walked over to her. Lana pushed her away, covering her face with her hands. "Haven't you already done enough?"

"That's why I'm leaving."

Lana let out a sob and threw her arms around Chloe, aqueezing her tightly. Chloe closed her eyes and patted Lana's back. "I love you."

Lana nodded between sobs and finally let go of Chloe. She turned and left, scramlbing out of the room. Chloe watched her go, her eyes brimming with unfallen tears.

She picked up her suitcase and walked to the living room where Oliver sat. He stood up as he saw her.

"You ready?"

Chloe nodded.

They walked to his car. Oliver opened up the car for her. He moved to place his things in the trunk. Chloe glanced up at the window.

It had been hard; Saying goodbye to Clark and Lois. But mostly to Lana.

Lana watched her from the window, tears silently falling. Kara strode into the room and stood beside her.

"You okay?"

Lana placed her hand in Kara's and nodded, sniffling.

"I will be."

She watched as the car drove away.

She watched as Chloe drove out of her life.

For now.

Okay, I know it was sappy, but please don't hate me lol. I promise there'll be more Lana/Chloe goodness in the next story. I hope you like this story and Thanks for reading =)[
                    Last edited by Vovkulak; 03-04-2008, 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You go Oliver !!
                      I'm glad there won't be any Lex for awhile. I don't like Kara's interst in Lana
                      I'm sad Chloe is leaving Smallville and Lana. Hopefully, they will be again together soon.
                      Awesome update. Can't wait for your next story.

Comment

Ah, thanks for reviewing. I personally don't like Kara's interest in Lana, either. (I know, it's weird because I wrote them, lol). But I think it makes for an interesting story. I should have the next story up shortly.

Comment

That was incredible.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎