Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jealousy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, sorry for the wait. I just started a new job and I only get today and tomorow off until next Monday and Tuesday. But I'll try to get more up soon. I Hope you like this chapter.

Lex picked up the phone and held it firmly in his hands. Without looking at the number pad, he typed in a number. He held the phone up to his ear, hearing the familiar ringing from the other side.

A voice answered.

"Yeah?"

Lex smiled grimly. The man's voice was far from welcoming.

"It's Luthor."

The man's voice seemed to brighten.

"Mr Luthor, what can I do for you?" he asked anxiously.

Lex parted his lips, licking them a little. "How far have you gotten with 33.1?"

The man hesitated. Too long.

Lex cleared his throat. "I want it done, Mackenzie. And soon." He almost yelled, but decided to keep his voice civil. He didn't want to scare the young man off.

Mackenzie answered quickly. "Yes, Sir. We've just been having some.....problems."

"Well then resolve them."

Without another word, Lex shut the cellphone, hanging up on Mackenzie.

A man knocked on the door. Lex whipped his head up.

"What!?"

The man flinched a little. He walked into the office.

"Sir, there's a man here to see you."

Lex waved his hand. The bodyguard nodded and disappeared. A couple of seconds later, an older man walked into the office. His balding hair was white, glasses hung from his nose.

Lex stood up and smiled.

"Dr. Roberts." He walked over to his bar and held up a bottle of whiskey. "Can I offer you some?"

Dr. Roberts shook his head and politely held up his hand. "I came to see you on offical business."

Lex poured himseld a glass. "What is it," he asked, holding the glass to his lips.

"33.1 is soon to be up and running again," the doctor replied, smiling proudly.

Lex raised an eyebrow. "I just got a call from one of your employees. Mackenzie. He told me you were having problems."

Dr. Roberts frowned. "Mackenzie. Didn't you hear? We let him go."

Lex set his glass down. "Why?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mackenzie ran along the road, sweat making his brown hair stick to his forehead. His chest rose and fell rapidly as he kept glancing behind him.

He tripped on a curb, falling face first onto the cold cement.

Grimacing, he turned over onto his butt, holding himself up on his elbows.

"You thought you could get away, didn't you?"

Mackenzie's eyes went wide in panic as he saw Lex Luthor appear from the shadow's, his hands tucked warmly inside his black trench coat.

"L...Lex." He stuttered.

Lex stepped forward, anger on his face. He lifted a hand out of his pocket, and with it came a small package. He threw it down beside Mackenzie.

"What's this?" Mackenzie asked, exasperated.

"Your medical recrods."

"What?"

Lex stepped forward more. "You had an accident, three years ago. An explosion at a factory nearly cost you your life."

Mackenzie stared at him. "So?"

Lex started pacing around him. "After getting out, a record was made on you." he continued. He pointed at the package. "Doctor's found an unusual blood cell count in your system. Turns out the factory you worked at dealt with meteor rocks."

He looked down at Mackenzie. "You're a freak."

"Shut up!" Mackenzie snapped.

Lex leaned down, placing his hands on his knees. "You tried to cover it up, and in the process, destroy 33.1"

"It's a prison, I don't want to end up there!"

Lex stood up and smiled. "You're not going to end up there, Mackenzie, don't worry."

Mackenzie's face loosened a little as relief washed through him.

One of Lex's bodyguards stepped forward from the dark, a gun in his hand. Without hesitation, he pulled the trigger.

Mackenzie fell flat onto his back, blood pooling around him.

"Have a good night," Lex said.

He turned to his bodyguard and nodded. "Take care of it."

Not looking back, he walked off into the fading sunlight of Metropolis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kara and Lana walked along the aisles, pointing out things. Kara picked up a box of fabric softner and inspected it.

"Everything is so different still," she said.

Lana took the box from her and set it back down onto the shelf. "Come on, the clothes section is this way."

Kara linked her arm with Lana. "I missed you, you know."

Blushing, Lana turned her head. "Yeah. Sure."

"So that Chloe girl.."

"Is my girlfriend," Lana finished.

Kara nodded. "I see. She seems like a nice person."

"She is."

Lois and Clark appeared from another aisle.

"Hey, you two coming?" Lois asked.

Lana checked her watch and frowned. "I can't believe it. It's nearly sundown and Chloe still hasn't shown up."

Lois grinned nervously and glanced at Kara. "She's probably just tied up with her story. You know how reporter's can be."

"Yeah." Lana nodded. "Still, she was supposed to get a Mocha with me. It's her favourite."

"We can get her one when we get back to Smallville," Kara suggested, nudging Lana gently.

"Attention, shoppers. The store is now closing. I repeat, the store is now closing," The anouncer said over the intercom

Kara grabbed Lana's hand and walked along beside Clark. "I am starving, let's go grab a bite."

Lana agreed, feeling her stomach rumble. "That sounds great."

Clark and Lois ran ahead, to get the cars. Lana and Kara were walking out when Kara smacked into somebody. She fell back a little, more startled than anything.

"I'm so sorry, Are you..."

She stopped as she saw the man lying on the pavement.

"Alright." She finished.

Lex looked up at her. His eyes went wide for a minute in surprise.

"Why hello, Kara."
    Last edited by Vovkulak; 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Lex and Kara? It will be interesting.
      Can't wait for more.

Comment

Lex and Kara??? Hmm, run for your life now Kara!!! Haha, great installment... my sincerest apologises that it took me so long to getting around to reading it. PPMS - totally love this one and am hungering for more!

Comment

i found it =D I am loving this soo far!! PLease post more as sooon as you can!!!!!

Comment

Finally, I have posted a new chapter!!! Success!!! *raises arms in triumph*. Ahem, anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Kara stared down at Lex, memories and coldness flowing through her body. She clenched her fists, as Lex got up. He dusted himself off and straightened out his jacket. He held a hand out to his bodyguard, who was advancing on the group.

"Lay off, Kyle. I know these people."

He threw a smile at Lana, which sent shivers down her spine. Kara stepped in front of her, her eyes shooting daggers at Lex.

"I didn't think I'd be seeing you again." Lex said.

Kara shrugged. "What can I say? I like Smallville, good view."

Lex's smile faded. "I thought I made myself clear the first time." He said in a whisper only Kara and Lana could hear.

He approached her and looked into her eyes. Kara stood her ground as Lana looked on, her gaze moving from Lex to Kara worriedly.

Kara stared at the passer-byers. "I'm not doing this here." She clenched her teeth.

Lex shrugged and turned around. "Your choice. There'll be other times." He turned his head and looked at Lana. He winked at her. "Tell Chloe I said hi."

"You stay the hell away from her," Lana said, stepping out from behind Kara.

"Oh, it's too late for that," Lex replied coldly

Kara grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "He's not worth it," she said slowly, her gaze never leavings Lex's.

Lex smiled. "Lana. Kara. Be seeing you soon."

With that, he walked away, his bodyguard trailing after him.

Kara let out a breathe and turned to Lana. "You okay?"

Lana nodded. "What did he mean 'It's too late for that'?'"

"I'm not sure. But knowing him, it's a threat."

She lowered her grip to Lana's wrist and dragged her along through a crowd of shoppers, oblivious to what just happened. Lana envied them. They didn't have to worry about these things. Not about Lex.

Lois and Clark met them in the middle of the crowd, Lois overcrowded with shopping bags. Clark, unfortunetly, was carrying most of them.

"Hey, I got this cute sweater for Chloe, I think she'll love it," Lois said excitedely.

She started to pull it out but was intureppted by Kara. She grabbed Lois's arm.

"We need to go."

Clark's smile faded into a frown. "What happened?"

Lana and Kara looked at each other.

"Lex," Kara answered.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe sat on the couch, her eyes glued to the computer screen. A coffee cup was planted next to the laptop, though not a drop had been sipped out of it. It was cold now, but Chloe didn't seem to notice.

"You know, you're not going to have much of a story sitting there staring at the screen."

Startled, Chloe looked up to the doorway.

"Oliver."

Oliver stepped in, his arms raised. "What, no hug?"

Chloe smiled and got up. She embraced him, and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Long time no see."

Chloe lifted her head, still embracing him. "Oliver, it's been two weeks."

Oliver smiled. "I know, but going back to Star City, it seems like it's been forever."

Chloe pushed herself away form the hug and went to sit on the couch again. Oliver followed and sat down. He picked up the coffee cup and took a sip. Making a face, he managed to swallow it. He placed the cup down.

"God, Chloe. What's on your mind?"

"What makes you think somethings on my mind?"

Oliver held up the coffee cup, and with his free hand, pointed to the computer screen. "Cold Coffee, your story unfinished. Somethings wrong." He set the cup down once more. "What is it?"

"Kara's back."

Oliver raised his eyebrows. "Clark's cousin?"

"Yeah. And I recently found out that my girlfriend and her have a history."

Oliver sat back. "Ah."

"What?"

"You're jealous."

Chloe's mouth opened a little. "What? No."

Oliver nodded.

"I just..."

"You think Lana will realize her true feelings for Kara and go back to her, just like in the movies."

Chloe lowered her head, confirming Oliver's accusations. He leaned forward and placed an arm over her shoulders.

"You and Lana have been through so much. You got stabbed for her."

Chloe flinched. "Yeah, thanks for the memory."

"What I'm saying is, if Lana did get back with Kara, it's her loss. Not yours."

Chloe smiled and leaned into him, placing her head on his shoulder. "You're not helping, but thanks anyway."

A knock at the door interrupted their moment. Chloe got up and opened it. A man stood on the other side, looking like someone out of a godfather movie. Clad in a black suit, his black hair greased back, and sunglasses covering his eyes, he greeted Chloe with a warm smile.

"Chloe Sullivan?"

Chloe nodded.

Without warning, the man burst into the room, knocking Chloe down. She hit the floor, her head ricocheting off of it. Stunned, she looked up at the man, who held a needle in his hand.

Oliver came from the side, tackling the man down. He threw a few punches to the man's face, which the man kept returning. The man managed to get up, dragging Oliver with him. He stuck the needle into Oliver's arm.

Chloe looked at Oliver, his eyes held wide open in defeat. "No!" He cried as he felt weakness and fatigue come over him. He slipped out of the mans grasp, landing on the floor next to Chloe.

The man advanced on Chloe. She was about to use her super speed, when she felt a wave of sickness overcome her. Her head fell back down to the ground.

The man, now holding a meteor rock, taped it hurriedly to Chloe's stomach. He looked over to the doorway and waved an arm. Two other men came hustling in, dressed in the same suits as the first man.

Two of them picked up Chloe and started hurrying out of the room. The first man adjusted his suit and looked at the knocked out Oliver on the ground. He grinned and continued on his way.

Dum Dum Dum....Does Lex have something to do with this? Does it have to do with 33.1? Read more to find out...
            Last edited by Vovkulak; 01-03-2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome update.
              I liked Chloe/Oliver moment.
              Can't wait for more story about Chloe being kidnapped.
              Please post more soon.

Comment

"You make bunny cry" is about right samanta LOL... poor Chloe... ARGH! I give you full credit for making me hate Lex so damn much Vovkulak... you're really good with that! Haha, another ace installment in a wonderful fic.... keep up the good work. This one has a HUGE potential for sure.

Comment

Here's another chapter, I hope you like. =)

Lois, Clark and Lana burst into the apartment, their eyes quickly gazing to the unconscious Oliver on the ground.

“My God, Ollie,” Lois whispered, rushing to Oliver’s side. She placed his head gently onto her lap, tenderly running her hands through his hair. His hair was damp with sweat.

She turned to Clark. “Do something!” She said, her voice cracking.

Hesitating, Clark stepped forward. He lifted his hand and tapped Oliver on the head. It was as hard as he dared to hit him with his strength.

Oliver’s eyelids twitched. Finally, his eyes opened. He sat up, bringing his head off of Lois’s lap.
                  He placed a hand on his head, gingerly touching it. He frowned and gazed at Clark.

“Did you just hit me?”

Clark shrugged, his cheeks reddening. He pointed to the spot where Oliver lay.

“What happened? Where’s Chloe?”

Oliver stood up, Lois supporting him. He shook his head, still a little groggy.

“Chloe...some guy...” He frowned.

“Where is she, Oliver?” Lana asked, now stepping forward. Her voice was stern, her features caked with worry.

His mind still fogged, he sat down on the couch.

“I don’t remember.” He grabbed his arm, seeing a small puncture wound. “They injected me with something.”

“Do you remember anything?” Lois asked desperately.

Oliver thought for a moment, his eyes clouded. He put both of his hands on the side of his head and rubbed his temples. He sighed in aggravation. Then, he jumped up, only to fall back again.

“They had some sort of logo on their suits.”

He was silent again as he thought. He raised his head and smiled as he finally remembered.

“It was Luthorcorp!”

Clark raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah, Clark, I’m sure.”

A gust of wind blew into the room, blowing everyone’s hair into their faces.

Kara appeared. She crossed her arms.

“There’s noone outside,” she said, going to stand beside Lana.

“Lex?” Lana asked, getting back to the subject.

“Why sound surprised, Lana?” Lois said, getting up. “What does he want with her now?” She asked, sounding slightly annoyed. “This whole kidnapping my cousin thing has really got to stop.”

Oliver shrugged, his mind completely blank. Clark stepped forward, his arms wrapped around his chest.

“He might be using her to get to me.”

“No, Clark, he’s not.”

Clark turned around to look at Kara. She stood now in the archway of the door, her eyes scanning the small crowd.

“He obviously wants to finish off what he started.”

“What are you talking about?”

Kara stood beside Lana once again. “I’m talking about 33.1.” She took in a deep breathe. “He’s re-opened it.”

She nodded a little before continuing.

“And she’s his first patient.”

They all exchanged looks.

“But why?” Clark asked.

Oliver bit his lip. “Isn’t it obvious? He wants the perfect army, Clark. You wouldn’t join him, so he injected Chloe with your blood, knowing that she was in a vulnerable part of her life. But he wasn’t finished with her. Now he wants to make her like every other experiment he’s already made.”

“We have to go,” Clark snapped, snatching his jacket from the couch. He threw it on and started out the door, Lois and Oliver on his trail.

Lana started to follow, but was grabbed by Kara.

“She’s going to be alright,” Kara said.

“Yeah, I know.”

“Then what’s wrong?”

Lana shifted a little, her eyes glued to the floor. “It’s not important,” she replied, shrugging. “Come on, the other’s are waiting.”

She walked out of the apartment, Kara staring after her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe awoke to the sounds of a lock. She sat up, grabbing her head. Lights illuminated the room, flashing into her eyes. She winced and held her hand up, blocking the lights.

A man stepped into the small room, dressed in a lab coat and slacks. He was a young man, his brown hair was trimmed neatly.

“Ms Sullivan.”

“Who are you?”

The man smiled. “I’m your doctor.”

“I have a doctor, but thanks for the offer.” She got up.

The man backed away a little. Chloe grinned. She stepped forward, her fists clenching.

She was about to advance on him when she felt sick. She fell onto her knees, looking up at the doctor. He held a meteor rock in his hands, a sly smile still on his face.

The door opened again, and Chloe heard footsteps coming towards them.

Lex came into view.

Chloe clenched her teeth, trying to ignore the pain the rock was causing her.

Lex smiled down at her.

“Time for your treatment, Chloe.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe laid on the lab table, her arms and legs strapped tightly. She pulled against them, but had no luck. A meteor rock lay nearby, to stop her from using her powers.

“What are you going to do to me, Lex? Make me another one of your androids? Like you did Victor Stone?”

“No, Victor was a special case.” He started circling the lab table, his hands in his pockets. “You see, Chloe, I have always had this vision of building the perfect army. To help humanity. Now, some of the experiments haven’t worked out so well in the past. But you have something they didn’t have.”

Chloe breathed in heavily, feeling suffocated by the rock. “And what’s that?”

He leaned down and whispered into her ear. “Clark’s blood.”

He pulled himself back up and walked over to a table. He picked up something and turned around to show it to Chloe.

“This is our new experiment.”

Chloe’s eyes widened.

“Purple Meteor rock. Ever heard of it?”

Chloe stayed silent.

“I guess not. Then you don’t know the side effects of it. Well, neither do we. Which is why we’re testing it on you.”

Chloe struggled against the straps again. Lex stepped forward, the rock still in his hand. He nodded at the doctor, who pulled out a syringe from his lab coat. Inside of it was a purple liquid.

“We managed to melt the meteor rock. No other ingredients, it’s all natural.”

He glanced at the doctor. “Let me know how it goes.”

Without another word he left the room.

The doctor tapped the syringe, getting it ready. He brought it down near Chloe’ stomach. He lifted up her shirt a little and inserted the syringe into her stomach.

Chloe let out a cry of pain. Her body lurched upwards. The doctor continued to empty the serum into her stomach. A burning sensation washed through Chloe’s body. She cried out once more before the pain left her body.

And before she fell unconscious

Well? What do you think? I thought I'd play around a bit, and make up a new type of meteor rock. I'm not entirely sure if there's already a purple meteor rock, but if there is *shrugs* ah well. I hope you liked.

Comment

ARGH - get Chloe out NOW... sorry, but one devout Chloe fan here and not enjoying all the torture Chloe goes through, although I must say your fics. are beautifully written and always pick up on character emotion so wonderfully - PPMS and in the mean time, I'll watch out for the update!

Comment

Great update though I'm not big fan of Chloe's torture either. I guess it needs to be done.
                      Makes me wonder what causes purple besides pain.
                      What's bad with Lana?
                      Can't wait for more.

Comment

Awe, I'm sorry guys =/ . But trust me, Chloe's pain shall not be for long. I was thinking it of making it Clark or Kara that were the ones in the experiments, but this is a Chloe based fic, we don't want Clark hogging it all .

I should update probably tomorrow, after everything is done with school. I hope you will not be disapointed with what's to come, lol. Trust me, I've been working on yet another sequel (last one) lol.

By the way, I was researching kryptonite, to see if they had a purple one, and I came across something very interesting. They actually have pink kryptonite, which turns Superman gay temporarily. No joke, look it up if you want.

I just thought I'd share that. =) I found it funny.
                        Last edited by Vovkulak; 01-14-2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Nice. I think its nice to see a change. I seen way to many ones where Clark is torture. And I am kind of sick of them. PPMS

Comment

Oh yes, the powers of pink kryptonite are rather interesting... no ideas where that concept came from, because I'm sure it isn't deeply rooted in the originally Superman mythology, but certainly sound biazree... let's all hope the 'Smallville' producers never have Clark exposed to pink k... that might well wreck serious havoc with storylines.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated yet. But I will as soon as exams are over. I promise. School's been so hectic. So thanks for the patience, and I promise the next chapter will make up for the long wait =)

Comment

It's cool Rebekkah - I'm hanging in there and you know I'll be back for the next update, so take as long as you need and best wishes with your school work - I know how hectic it can get at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎