Loved it? Hated it? How would you rate"The Line?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a pretty good episode. Probably one of the stronger (not better) episodes of the season. But season 2 is nowhere near as strong as season 1. More miss than hit.

This episode further solidified why I don't like HRG. As in, I love to hate him. He's unstable. He pisses me off.

I don't think they're spending enough time on Peter's story. I'm tired of Claire and Maya. They don't contribute to the story. Claire is too high school and Maya is taking way too long to get to the point.

Comment

I love it...It was a set up episode for next week.Sylar talking to Alejendro about killing him when he get his powers back.Maya has no clue was is going on right in front of her black eyes.Noah was fantastic,nobody messes with him.Mohinder was awesome,I was proud of him standing up to Bob and telling him he won't do his dirty job...Hiro was great too but,I wish he wouldn't be so naive,I knew Kensei would plan a revenge on him,this guy is really bad,he doesn't worth what Hiro is trying to do for him.I love Peter,he can travel in time,wonderful,he will repair the dommages but,his girlfriend is getting on my nerves.I hope that he will leave her in Irlande and go on his mission alone.
      Last edited by Sweetie; 10-30-2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

8/10 i liked the episode but cant they resolve last years new york problem before they start a new one? and cant they pick a different city?

Comment

I gave it a 10. I was really riveted to this episode, much like I was last season. Of course there were some weak points (which I'll explain later) but overall It was a great episode that raises as many questions as it answers. That is compelling story telling.

The Kensai storyline is picking up for me. I thought that it was just dying and Hiro needed to be back in the present. But something told me that the "Kensai becoming a hero" was too good to be true. I was expecting Kensai to do something but not betrayal. I just figured that after he came into power and lost his love as she died and he stayed young, then he would go crazy and want to do evil. But we see now that lost love is the reason he turns. Very Darth Vader/Anakin of you!

I am not surprised (as some are) at HRG's actions. He was with the company for over a decade. Just because you love your family you cannot just stop being that person over night. We saw it with Bennet and his manager. He is ruthless when he wants to be and he can love just as deeply. A great character. The introduction of the paintings will drive the rest of the story and it is exciting to see how they play out. Thank you Issac for painting before you got "brained"

The Maya/Sylar/Alejandro story line has taken an interesting turn. Sylar convinces Maya to kill to save herself and she does. Like with most stories, everyone who does bad things probably believes themselves to be doing the right thing, not just the outright evil thing. Sylar has crossed the line (hey, I used the title). He is started as someone who killed but not necessarily with outright evil intent. Now we see he is willing to use Maya (like the emperor used Anakin/Vader) to do what he wanted in the name of good. How truly evil. But will Maya see him for what he is before it is too late and will Alejandro be around to do anything about it.

Claire should beware of West. He seems like he has a moral deficiency (sp). "I can fly, so I don't need parental guidance" I wonder what happend to his parents and do they know he has abilities. Did he drop them like he dropped Claire? I think he is hiding some evil that makes him think he is better than others and the rules don't apply to him. Very dangerous. I'll be keeping my eye on you, Mr. West!

I don't know what it is but I just love Monica as a character. She is so innocent but real at the same time. but beware of Greeks bearing gifts. Bob, having worked for the company for so long, cannot make us believe that he is on the up and up. It was endearing to see him make a reference to how New Orleans needs a hero right now. Pick up the mantle, Monica...be St. Joan It'll be fun.

Overall, loved that this show gives us something to think about and keeps us nailed to our seats...at least it did me.

Comment

I gave it a 10! Having HRG back to his hardcore self was just awesome to watch. I loved the psychology he played on the Ukranian when he started talking about the old guy's dead daughter. At the end of that scene when HRG shoots him I cheered at just the cold-bloodedness of it all.

It was good to see Peter time travel and unlock another one of his powers he forgot about. I hope the Hiro thing is dying down some but I now wonder what will happen.

This looks like it is building up to be another good season and I can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

Hmmm....not one of the best episodes ever, but def some good points.

The Good
              ~HRG....between playing hardball with his former teacher/mentor and the switching of the languages....and the search for the 8 paintings....I was quite pleased
              ~Sylar...."you don't understand me...but I'm going to kill you"....ooooh it's so good. Now if only Maya was less annoying or generally smarter...then I would bow down to Sylar's awesome manipulation skills (but I guess you can't have everything :P)
              ~Mohinder and Monica....I was really scared Mohinder was going to do the shot too. Just a great interaction in general between the two of them.
              ~Apocalyptic teaser...like someone else said I'm all up for a new city, but finally an ultimate plot goal!

The Bad
              ~Clare and West...sure messing with the cheerleader would be a little fun and something a couple of teenagers would do...but they pushed it farther than they should have. It's like reason #5962 why I don't like West at all, and Clare's heading down a similar path.
              ~Hiro and the kiss. I just want him out of Japan. This was just another step in extending the storyline. Not to mention I'd like to think he won't break the space/time whatever and destroy the future. Meh...I hope we get some closure and Hiro back in present time soon.

Overall...it was fair....6/10
              Last edited by coasterprincess; 10-30-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I am so digging "Maylar."

Everything thing else was kinda of crappy. 5/10.

Comment

poor New York, they just keep destroying it!... y'know? it'd be nice if they didn't save the world this time... it'd be cool if they were to be forced to travel back in time to fix everyhitng they did wrong, sort of a group of Future Hiros... just a thought, given the awesome awefulness of the beggining of the season

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                    I am so digging "Maylar."

Everything thing else was kinda crappy. 5/10.
                    Lol I agree. The Maylar was the most enjoyable part of the episode. Seeing Sylar come on to Maya was entertainingly creepy. (Maya was into it too, lol.) I also really liked it when he goaded her brother in English with his true intentions. This season they've established Sylar as truly evil, unlike season one where it was unclear at times. I liked it more when he was a "gray" character however (in keeping with his name, Gabriel Gray).

Other than that I wish Hiro would just die a horrible death already so we don't have to be force-fed his incredibly lame and predictable "love story" that makes me want to puke blood every time. What's even lamer is Ando's part, his excitement for Hiro's story is clearly intended to rub off on the audience and make us excited too. "Oh what's Hiro up to now!!" Oh who cares. S2's writing isn't nearly as intelligent or clever as season 1's was, and they seem to be falling back on the tried and true (being repetitive) instead of trying truly new things. The whole Peter thing at the end felt like season 1 all over again. Been there done that.

I look forward to new Smallville more than new Heroes now. I never thought that would be the case but it is. Way to go Heroes.
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 10-30-2007, 11:47 PM.

Comment

10/10

Now THIS is the "Heroes" I remember from last season. Multi-layered scenes, wonderful setups, surprises around every corner, laughter, tears and cleverness. This episode was like a starting gun to this season. Ready, Set... GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                        Lol I agree. The Maylar was the most enjoyable part of the episode. Seeing Sylar come on to Maya was entertainingly creepy. (Maya was into it too, lol.) I also really liked it when he goaded her brother in English with his true intentions. This season they've established Sylar as truly evil, unlike season one where it was unclear at times. I liked it more when he was a "gray" character however (in keeping with his name, Gabriel Gray).

Other than that I wish Hiro would just die a horrible death already so we don't have to be force-fed his incredibly lame and predictable "love story" that makes me want to puke blood every time. What's even lamer is Ando's part, his excitement for Hiro's story is clearly intended to rub off on the audience and make us excited too. "Oh what's Hiro up to now!!" Oh who cares. S2's writing isn't nearly as intelligent or clever as season 1's was, and they seem to be falling back on the tried and true (being repetitive) instead of trying truly new things. The whole Peter thing at the end felt like season 1 all over again. Been there done that.

I look forward to new Smallville more than new Heroes now. I never thought that would be the case but it is. Way to go Heroes.
                        COMPLETELY agree!

Comment

i give it a six. some parts were good others just bombed. like noah bennett turning back into hrg has been done. i'm alittle excited about the hiro storyline. but what really made me not like this episode was the way peter time traveled. the whole line about tell me who i am, what does the future hold really sunk this episode into the ground. the only good moment was the maylar scene. i really thought alejandro was going to kill him.
                          Last edited by samwinchestermustdie; 10-31-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CallMeClark
                            COMPLETELY agree!
                            Cool, and I'm sure we speak for a lot of people. We're the voice of the silent masses.

Originally posted by samwinchestermustdie
                            the only good moment was the maylar scene. i really thought alejandro was going to kill him.
                            Yeah he did look pretty pissed, didn't he. (By the way, hilarious user name..."samwinchestermustdie" haha )

Comment

Comment

i think season 2 is not bad ,i love to watch season 2 episodes , but the season 1 is much better then season 2.. check this site to get all heroes episodes latest download

[Mod Edit]
                                Last edited by STFanatic; 02-21-2008, 06:15 AM. Reason: Violation of KryptonSite Rule #9

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎