Special Effects in Action

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really impressed with the opening F/X scene. That was the best special effect I've seen on Smallville in a couple of seasons.

I felt they've really been slacking off, possibly due to budget constraints of the new network, but that car flip-save was fantstic. Too bad it wasn't someone important he was saving.

Comment

I'm always impressed with the Effects in Smallville, This was deffinently one of my favorites!

Comment

For a show with its budget .. the effects always impress me ... Heroes have a bigger budget yet I like smallville' effects better in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by JEWCY
          1. you are wrong about the special effects
          2. are you that inconsiderate you have to post that stuff for people who dont want to be spoiled

im glad i already know that, but im sure more than one person is pissed that you spilled the beans.

please keep your mouth shut on that stuff next time.
          YUP!

Comment

I wish the whole car had bounced off Clark not just the door.

And Lionels hand in the trap was possibly the most gruesome thing i've seen on the show lol.

Also Lionel braining that woman to death was disturbing, just when you were thinking he'd stop there would be one more bash lol. A pretty gruesome episode all in all and showed nicely what a psychopathic Luthor is capable of.

Comment

special effects during the scene when clark dived down to save lana great, background scenery. great effects. but her hair should have been flowing into her face and not the other way, afterall she was plummeting downward on her back.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                One I forgot to mention that really impressed me was the scene where Clark saved Christina Milian's character from the car. That slow-mo spin with the car flipping over them was just beautiful.
                Amen - that was VERY cool. I let out a big WOO HOO! during that part. I think my neighbors heard me

Comment

I think the best special effect this episode was the one that went unshown: Clark catching the bullet in the prop gun. It really made the audience the spectator for once of his awesome speed. Also, it made Warrior Angel's corny grab all the more hilarious. A well edited sequence, even if it was just to save some cash.

Comment

The car accident was excellently shot but the compositing was a little off, i could well that there was greenscreen involved, i think that if they had got the lighting better (correct sun direction, colour bleeeding and faked ambient occlusion) then it would have been spot on.

The catch was very good but to be honest i could have done that in a dark setting because shadow errors are easy to covor up that way.

The gun effect was excellent, but agian, becasue of the x-ray effect i could have modelled that gun and the bullet path just aswell. Clark just being an efect blur was the cheap option, but hey i cant balme them.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎