Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
    I think what Clana supporters are trying to say is that Clana may bring in more viewers, whether true or not, but it doesn't bring down ratings either. That seems to be the anti's argument involving Clana lately, right?

From the ratings chart that I read, more female viewers were recorded, and I'm guessing it was either for that ANTM chick or the Clana reunion. Just like Promise, more females tend to watch the show when romance is involved, IMO.
    Repeat after me. Superhero/Mythology episodes = Ratings. Crappy angsty ship episodes = scare viewers away.

Giving an example, it's amazing how Clana fans defend Reckoning when that episode was the beginning of the end of Clana in season 5. Not saying that you did, but many did. Isn't that more than proof that many "Clana fans" (right...) don't even care about Clana, they only care about seeing Tom and Kristin together?

Do you think that people that watch this show for the story and characters has to suffer with that crap school of thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
      Repeat after me. Superhero/Mythology episodes = Ratings. Crappy angsty ship episodes = scare viewers away.

Giving an example, it's amazing how Clana fans defend Reckoning when that episode was the beginning of the end of Clana in season 5. Not saying that you did, but many did. Isn't that more than proof that many "Clana fans" (right...) don't even care about Clana, they only care about seeing Tom and Kristin together?
      Actually, 'Reckoning' was the beginning of the end of this show, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretzNLyz15
        From the ratings chart that I read, more female viewers were recorded, and I'm guessing it was either for that ANTM chick or the Clana reunion. Just like Promise, more females tend to watch the show when romance is involved, IMO.
        Females are the ones that went away from Smallville after seeing how bad the female characters are treated.

Heck, you just gave me the conclusion. Young males are the top demo of Smallville, those that kept watching the show since day 1. And, come on, young males don't watch the show because how pretty Clana is or how romantic Lexana was. They watch it for the same reason they watch Heroes, it's a superhero show.

Comment

Females are the ones that went away from Smallville after seeing how bad the female characters are treated.

Heck, you just gave me the conclusion. Young males are the top demo of Smallville, those that kept watching the show since day 1. And, come on, young males don't watch the show because how pretty Clana is or how romantic Lexana was. They watch it for the same reason they watch Heroes, it's a superhero show.
          AlMiles seem to disagree about our motives. They just introduced another blonde hottie with loooooong legs.
          I am not surprised S1 of 'Heroes' was practically romance-free. They don't want to make the same mistakes as AlMiles.

Comment

I want to watch super-powered violence. Really, I'm not a hard viewer to please.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
              That shipper fandom is ALL about Lana and KK. Consideration for Clark (or TW) is barely a blip on the radar.
              Not completely true. I hate it when people generalize but not every Clana fan is 100% KK/Lana and don't care at all about Clark.

I, for one, am 50/50 and just joke around with all these ratings discussions. We don't all take things too seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                Oh yeah, Preach it!. I'm the same way. I won't say its a universal thing by any means, but it always amazes me how much people fight over Clark for "their girl", but don't give a darn about him as a character at all. That is actually the reason I've gotten so anti-Clana over the last year. That shipper fandom is ALL about Lana and KK. Consideration for Clark (or TW) is barely a blip on the radar.

How do you know this?

I could easily say that Clark fans only care about Clark and will excuse anything he does. No matter what.

How's that for a stereotype?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Collins
                  I could easily say that Clark fans only care about Clark and will excuse anything he does. No matter what.
                  Yet, you know that what you just said is BS. I'm a Clark fan and I'm usually the first to call him for what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Collins

[/B]
                    what has Clark done in order to benefit his own ass.

Whatever he does is never for selfish reasons like I need 10 mil to hide in China for two weeks. 1 mil just isn't enough

I can't live at the Talon so I'll move into the mansion it's free
                    Last edited by Ilovebeinglost; 10-13-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovebeinglost
                      what has Clark done in order to benefit his own ass.

Whatever he does is never for selfish reasons like I need 10 mil to hide in China for two weeks. 1 mil just isn't enough
                      Let's see, why did Lana hide in China? Oh yeah, she was trying to keep Clark from getting killed. How selfish of her.

Funniest thing I've ever heard, Ilovebeinglost, keep the jokes coming. Selfish, hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                        Let's see, why did Lana hide in China? Oh yeah, she was trying to keep Clark from getting killed. How selfish of her.

Funniest thing I've ever heard, Ilovebeinglost, keep the jokes coming. Selfish, hehe!
                        I nver said hiding in China was selfish but taking 10 mil was and so was moving into the mansion while there was nothing going on between her and Lex.
                        You reap what you sow and she headed for trouble all by herself.

She was the cause of all of Clark's problems

If she hadn't moved into the mansion nothing would have happened

Anyway this is the ratings thread and I hope they show more action less sap or this show is done
                        Last edited by Ilovebeinglost; 10-13-2007, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon

Oooh I see this another typical MD post, sarcastically insult the poster instead of commenting just on the argument. Personally, I think that the poster made a good point with the whole 10 million embezzlement issue, it had nothing to do with Clark, but taking 10 million? Could you not survive on less than 1 mil?

Comment

Originally posted by BeldarofRemulak
                            Oooh I see this another typical MD post, sarcastically insult the poster instead of commenting just on the argument. Personally, I think that the poster made a good point with the whole 10 million embezzlement issue, it had nothing to do with Clark, but taking 10 million? Could you not survive on less than 1 mil?
                            Sarcasm about the opinion =/= insulting the poster.

Comment

Trying to belittle a person's opinion(even if it was read wrong) through sarcasm= insulting IMO

Comment

I don't care what you claim about the female viewers because I'm going by ratings. Female viewers increased for Fierce, and like I said above, it was for either ANTM girl or Clana reunion.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎