No announcement yet.

FLYING (done the right way)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLYING (done the right way)

A big thumbs up to the guys at Stargate Digital, for West & Claire's super smooth flying scene in tonights episode. It was so natural looking. Exactly how I've imagined it to be.

I don't think you would hear many complaints, if the Entity FX team (Smallville) took heed,
    & copied this cool visual style. I know it may be an issue of budget, but it never hurts to dream.
    Last edited by Randy G.; 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM.

I have to agree. I really like this “Peter Pan” style of flying where the flier has pitch roll and yaw. While I thought the Kara flying scenes were done well in “kara” I agree that the West flying scenes were better. Sure beats the old Superman movies where the biggest question was whether to point their toes or not.

Comment

Yeah, big step up from the car crash scene last year, with Nathan's dangling feet.

Comment

I do love the flying scene! The view was just amazing!

Comment

Yes, well done. I agree.

Comment

My first thought when watching that scene: "Gough & Millar, you better be watching."

Comment

My first thought was "Gough & Millar, you suck"

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam

Comment

Funny how "Gough and Millar" suck so much when, despite West's flying scenes being well done, nothing in Heroes has even come close to Kal-El's Crusade flying scene. Hell, I don't tihnk they've come close to Kara floating in space as far as the flying scenes where people just float, either.

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
                    Yeah, I have been thinking that quite a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
                      Yeah, I have been thinking that quite a lot lately.

I started thinking it in Season 1 of Smallville.

Comment

theres a difference in whats going on. The Smallville Flight scenes are shown with them flying at high speeds, very much how nathan flew, the one that West does though is not the same, its a leisure amount of flight, i doubt he can fly super fast or anything.

Comment

My first thought was 'why can't they do this on Smallville?' I think after 7 seasons we can at least consider the flight. Just have him do it and like on tonights episode of Smallville just have him not use it because he wants to keep a low profile.

Comment

My husband didnt like the flight scene because he kept waiting for the song from Sups 1 "look into my eyes" For me I thought it was great how because they were making references to Superman in the flight scene. I thought it was crazy but I LOVED IT.

Anyone think it was corny can jump off a cliff! hee hee

Comment

West: Claire...shut up.

*Picks her up and takes off*

Yep, I loved the scene.

If only Clark could do that on Smallville. But hey, because he doesn't have the blue and red outfit, they have to make him be a whimp.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎