TV Ratings for Kara

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I case people were expecting the overnight ratings. I doesn't seem like we're getting them today.

This was posted instead:

Prime-Time Metered Market Delay for Thursday, Oct. 4

Note: Data was only available for 14 metered markets at press time, so I have excluded the overnight results for Thursday, Oct. 4. But don’t forget to go to PIFeedback at approximately 12 p.m. Eastern Time for the fast affiliate results.

Link
    Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 10-05-2007, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Apparently the fast nationals wiil be delayed also due to processing errors.

I have to leave so here is the link to find the ratings whenever they are posted.

Link to Ratings

Hopefully they won't be delayed long, but it could be quite awhile before we get some numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
        Apparently the fast nationals wiil be delayed also due to processing errors.

I have to leave so here is the link to find the ratings whenever they are posted.

Link to Ratings

Hopefully they won't be delayed long, but it could be quite awhile before we get some numbers.
        CW’s Smallville (Viewers: #5, 4.56 million; A18-49: #5, 1.8/ 5). With the CW’s recently introduced Reaper and Gossip Girl in search of an audience, it looks like there could be life for the veteran Smallville past this season.
        More stuff:

Smallville
        8:00 p.m. V: 4.23 million, A18-49: 1.7/ 5
        8:30 p.m. V: 4.89 million, A18-49: 2.0/ 5
        Last edited by Rafael122; 10-05-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Here they are:
          "Also airing in the 8 p.m. hour was Fox’s Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (Viewers: #3, 8.53 million; A18-49: #4, 2.3/ 7), which is a vast improvement over fall 2006 occupants ‘Til Death and Happy Hour, and the CW’s Smallville (Viewers: #5, 4.56 million; A18-49: #5, 1.8/ 5). With the CW’s recently introduced Reaper and Gossip Girl in search of an audience, it looks like there could be life for the veteran Smallville past this season."
          Very respectable 4.56 mil. Yeah! An 8th Season! What did Sneeze do last year?
          Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 10-05-2007, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Sneeze did a 4.52.

Comment

These are the overnights, right? I recall the ratings going up once the official ratings came out last week, let's hope for the same here.

Comment

Originally posted by MidgardDragon
                These are the overnights, right? I recall the ratings going up once the official ratings came out last week, let's hope for the same here.
                Oh yeah, I bet they will go up! When will the official ratings be out? was it 3 days?

Comment

Ratings don't mean an episode is good, so why should ratings even matter any more. The best episode could get 2mil viewers and the worst could get 6mil, I'm not seeing the point

Comment

That doesn't mean we don't have the right to find out about the ratings. Heck, no one here has even said that an episode is good based on the ratings. You're jumping to conclusions for no reason. I have said time and time again that ratings don't matter, especially considering the flawed system. That doesn't mean there's something wrong about wanting to know them, especially since the network still puts stock in them.

Comment

So the other CW shows rate like this (for the last week) according to the link above:

4.91 Friday Night Smackdown! (28Sept, prior week)
                      4.52 America's Next Top Model
                      2.99 The Game
                      2.97 Supernatural
                      2.88 Gossip Girl
                      2.81 Reaper
                      2.65 Beauty & The Geek
                      2.59 Girlfriends
                      2.58 Everybody Hates Chris
                      2.33 Alien's in America
                      0.698 Online Nation
                      0.780 CW Now

Looks like Smallville, though not getting the ratings we think it deserves, is doing quite well for the CW.

If they'd spent just a fraction of what went towards promoting all of their crap shows on Smallville they might have gotten a bit better return for their money.
                      Last edited by Rosey; 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

So Smallville outperformed all the other shows last week? Or is this just for this week? Look like it tied or more than likely outperformed ANTM. When did Friday Night Smackdown get so popular? I thought ANTM and Smallville were the top shows?

Comment

So Smallville outperformed all the other shows last week?
                          Last week? Yes, surprisingly, since ANTM dipped from it's massive season premiere ratings (Smallville's premiere aired during the week of ANTM's second episode) This week? Well, FNS hasn't aired this week yet (tonight), so we'll see.
                          When did Friday Night Smackdown get so popular? I thought ANTM and Smallville were the top shows?
                          ANTM was the number 1 show all year last year, and Smallville traded the number 2 spot with Friday Night Smackdown almost every other week last year.

I'm actually quite surprised that ANTM is dipping into the 4 millions. It rarely ever falls below 5 million. I guess that bodes well for Smallville.

Comment

ANTM was the number 1 show all year last year
                            Someone continues to forget that ANTM wasn't on for much of Smallville's season last year.

Comment

So Smallville outperformed all the other shows last week? Or is this just for this week? Look like it tied or more than likely outperformed ANTM. When did Friday Night Smackdown get so popular? I thought ANTM and Smallville were the top shows?
                              Since Smackdown! hadn't aired yet this week I grabbed last week's numbers for comaprison.

So Smallville with 5.08 beat Smackdown! with 4.91 (and NTM with 4.85) last week and we have yet to see about this week.

Comment

Someone continues to forget that ANTM wasn't on for much of Smallville's season last year.
                                Someone continues to forget that ANTM has two seasons per year. Last year, each season aired from September - December (hey, that's Smallville's first half!) and from February - May (hey, that's Smallville's second half!). So, saying that "ANTM wasn't on for much of Smallville's season" is completely false. They were on almost every week. Every episode of ANTM last year went WAY over 5 million last year, while Smallville maintained a mid-4 million range and even dipped very low into the 3 millions. Both of Top Model's finales scored over 6 million, making them the two most watched hours of television in The CW's history.

Please, do some research.

And, really, I'm not saying Smallville has horrible ratings. It just wasn't number 1 last year. I think SV does well enough, and I'm happy with where it's at. Sometimes, we just need to accept the fact that Smallville isn't the greatest (in ratings, plots, characters, etc.), and stop living in denial.
                                Last edited by Routh; 10-05-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎