Question on teleportation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on teleportation

Hiro posesses the power to manipulate space and time. This includes
    • Time manipulation or chronokinesis (slowing down, reversing, or stopping time).
    • Time travel (moving through time or "folding time").
    • Teleportation (moving instantaneously through space or "folding space").

My main query here is Teleportation. When Hiro teleports does he know in which exact spot he is going to land. I know that if for example he chooses to teleport to lets say Isaac Mendez's apartment, that is where he will land. But then does he know in which particular spot he will land. For example next to the door or in the bedroom or outside.

In 'How to stop and exploding man', Hiro teleported a number of times. There was when he was looking for Ando. He teleported to Isaac's apartment and appeared behind Sylar. Did he choose to appear there or could it have been random that he might have landed between Sylar and Ando ?

Another instance was when he came to stab Sylar (in how to stop an exploding man). Again he appeared behind Sylar. Does he somehow freeze time and choose where to appear or is it random because ?
    Last edited by kazek; 05-26-2007, 08:21 AM.

I think that is the same question he wanted to ask Future Hiro right before he died. If I were to make my professional opinion known( )then I would say the only power he actually has is to bend time in space. This is what allows him to do everything. He bends time forward he goes forward, he bends time back he goes back. If he bends laterally then this allows him to move around via teleportation. The poor guy right now does know how to bend it yet. Consider it dough that is be folded to make bread. You fold it to much your rolls come at flat and dry, fold it not enough and they come out doughy. Same thing with time. When teleporting to Ando, it was a lateral move which he was able to calculate how many folds (or bends) he needed and then yes he was able to go right where he wanted. Then the future and past on which were accidents, they were quick folds which he accidently bent way to much and projected forward and backward instead of the pre-calculated lateral moves he needed.

IMO

Comment

I think that A. when he is concentrating he is better able to control where he lands, while when under physical/emotional duress he looses control over all his powers. (ie the charlie incident, in lindermans office, end of exploding man, etc)
      B. its easier for him to make small jumps and accurately land, ie if he made a large jump (say, from tokyo to new york) he might land a little off (like, a few weeks off say.)

I think that these two things best describe his power based on what weve seen.

Two quick last things:

Something about the Deaveux Rooftop seems to attract his powers.

And he seems to be able to stop/reverse time locally, seen in that time when that woman was shooting at him and only the bullet and gun reversed.

Comment

I agree with on the local thing. Cant on the rofftop. The reason why the rooftop is a recuring item is to save money on set construction. Tptb have said that in multiple interviews. Maybe the will develop some kind of origin for the roof in future seasons, but as for season 1, they wanted to save money.

Comment

Yah, your right that that is the real life reason why- but since they always bring up the rooftop on the commentaries, something tells me that they do have a plan for it. Maybe something having to do with Charles' power?

Comment

I think they should make it apart of the story. Like the building in Ghostbusters.

Comment

I personally think too much thought has gone into the teleportation thing here. Trust me guys, these are questions you dont wanna boggle your mind over. BUT! Lets say his teleportation is a bit mor advanced then we give it credit. Like for instance The Nightcrawler from the X-Men also has the ability to teleport but his has a safety feature that prohibits him from teleporting into fatal situations like inside of a solid object for example. So lets just pretend that Hiros powers work the same way. Say, for example his powers has somewhat of a subconcious of their own and teleport him into ideal positions or locations. Everytime Hiro has accidently teleported somewhere, it was ALWAYS for a good reason without him being able to control it conciously. I think his powers do all the technical work for him knowing where the ideal positions would be in order to give Hiro an advantage, thus protecting his well being.

We all know he didnt teleport into 1600 feudal Japan on purpose and on the day of the eclpise in the precense of Kensei specifically. So once again, a prime example that his powers most likely have a mind of their own and there is a reason why he asppeared there
              Last edited by Digitalsteel; 05-30-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Not a bad thought, but do realize the can of worms you might have just opened on this site Everyone debates the rules of his power on a daily basis and to add another kink in the thought! But I still like it and it does make since, I am not to sure about it having a mind of its own but something does seem to get him to the perfect places in time!

Comment

I had a thought... The first time Hiro travelled through time (Don't look back), he landed in Times Square, NY. While in NY, he found Isaac dead (Sylar's work) and he was questioned about the death. In short, he contacted Ando who said Hiro had been missing for five weeks. Where was future Hiro ?

Then later (Five Years Gone), Hiro went to the past and met future Hiro. This time future Hiro was there. How could future Hiro be present yet Hiro had skipped through 5 years ?

Future Hiro is not supposed to exist since current/present Hiro skipped years.

I thought that in 'Don't Look back' the reason why Ando said Hiro was missing for 5 weeks was because Hiro had travelled through time hence his absence meant Future Hiro would not emerge.

I don't know whether you get what am trying to imply.

What i understand is that if Future/Present Hiro goes to the past he can meet himself since that timeline already happened as you noticed in 'Six Months ago' (when hiro called Yamagato Industries and spoke to himself). But then If present Hiro decides to go to the future, Future Hiro shouldn't be there because that future would be one where Hiro teleported 5 years ago and was missing(like in Don't look back). Then if he moved through time and was absent from the present, how would the future Hiro come about ?

Don't Look Back and Five Years Gone are conflicted.
                  Last edited by kazek; 05-30-2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I get what your saying but if you think about it, it can all make sense.

When hiro was in the future there was intially no concurrent timelines going on, So he of course to Ando was gone for the five weeks. But he did come back so to the timeline Hiro, if a call were to be made then the results would be completely different. Also of course when he went six motnhs back there wouldve been 2 Hiro's running around. But they were far enough away from each other to not cause a ripple. He then of course lived through the six months and cuaght up with himself at the diner. Now as for how he got to the future without being absent. At that point being more along with the storyline there was now multiple timelines going on. So Future Hiro was there becuase the current Hiro had already gone to the future and come back for the five years to advance with him. If it had been the start of a new time line then he of course would've been gone for those five years. But you also have to remember that we have no evidence that Future Hiro ever went to the Future to meet himself anyways. This of course is why multiple timelines are so confusing!

Comment

Am even more confused now.

Comment

dont even bother talking about anything with time control... so many different theories the only people who actually know are the writers

Comment

Originally posted by kazek
                          Am even more confused now.

I should be careful where I read these things at! I look like an idiot when I laugh out loud like that.

Comment

I'm sure if he can visualize a general area of the place he wants to teleport, he will randomly generate in the area...however if he knows every little detail of the area he wants to teleport to, I think his placement is much more precise

Comment

I wonder if he has limitation to be on earth, or if he could go to space or on to like a space shuttle! That would be neat to see a distressed shuttle and goes on board and starts bringing them back.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎