Collapse
No announcement yet.

technically, Peter may not survive explosion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a whole other thread on How Nathan can hold him, trust me you dont want to argue in 2 seperate places.

Ted did blow up when he was in the desert! He killed a bunch of federal agents, which is what Agent Audrey was referring to when she arrested him in NY! This happened in the novel "How do you stop an exploding Man".

Comment

of course peter could survive the explosion.

In 5 years in the future Peter admitted he caused the explosion, and went even more emo and angst, and obviously survived.

The thing about that time line that doesn't fit is this though.

1-Hiro went back in time to save the cheer leader
      2-Originally in Hiro's time line Peter could not have had Claires ability because Sylar killed her.
      3-Peter still survived without the ability so 'exploding' must be a refference to a release of force and not the physical explosion of the man.

Or else once the cheerleader was saved the world STILL got blown up becuase that would alter the time line for this.

1-Cheerleader saved
      2-Nuke still blows up
      3-Since the cheer leader was saved Peter lived too
      4-Nuke still must explode sometime in season 2 because even with claire and peter alive in the future, NY still explodes.

Comment

In FYG, Claire was saved.

Hiro going back to tell Peter to save the cheerleader and FYG are two separate futures.

There's nothing that tells us that Peter survived the first future's explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by whitenack
          In FYG, Claire was saved.

Hiro going back to tell Peter to save the cheerleader and FYG are two separate futures.

There's nothing that tells us that Peter survived the first future's explosion.

The hiro in FYG had the time line still up, he knew that the pivot point was the cheerleader being saved even after she was saved.

The future didn't change drastically, or at least not in the way you would think it did.

It wasn't a different future that Hiro from today went to, it was the same future that Hiro from FYG who was trying to save the past was from. Which means that the bomb goes off regardless.

That would also explain what was meant when the writer said that the bomb would go off regardless and then retracted to 'maybe'.

Wait till season 2 when the bomb still goes off because you CAN'T change the future.

My stance on the future is that it is set in stone, if you change the players in the game the Powers That Be will just bring in substitutes to get the job done.

So Claire and Peter were taken out of the game? Sylar disapeared, the bomb may not be a person. Any number of things could still happen to cause the city to explode.

Until there is another trip to the future to show New York not blown up, I am going to assume that the first answer from the writer that said the bomb would go off is the right one, we just got the time frames wrong now.

[i]There's nothing that tells us that Peter survived the first future's explosion. [/B]

as for that line, the Future Peter admitted to being the bomb.... he survived without Claires power.

Also he had a scar, do we have proof that the future Peter could regenerate? I need to go back and watch FYG.
          Last edited by Yoshua; 05-24-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

But then there is nothing to look forward to. In FYG all of NY was destroyed, but the bomb didnt go off in NY now, so it has obviously been changed!

Comment

Whatever genetic traits that allowed ted to exist with the use of that power, peter now possesses the same traits, thus he's protected from its effects. His scar in the future could be a result of a severe injury, possibly near decapitation, that would only heal that way.

Comment

im pretty sure that he got scared from the haition being somewhere close to him... i cant see any other way hed get scared unless he got a peice of something through the front of his face into his brain, and when they took it out he couldnt heal completly but i doubt it..

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
                  The hiro in FYG had the time line still up, he knew that the pivot point was the cheerleader being saved even after she was saved.

The future didn't change drastically, or at least not in the way you would think it did.

It wasn't a different future that Hiro from today went to, it was the same future that Hiro from FYG who was trying to save the past was from. Which means that the bomb goes off regardless.

That would also explain what was meant when the writer said that the bomb would go off regardless and then retracted to 'maybe'.

Wait till season 2 when the bomb still goes off because you CAN'T change the future.

My stance on the future is that it is set in stone, if you change the players in the game the Powers That Be will just bring in substitutes to get the job done.

So Claire and Peter were taken out of the game? Sylar disapeared, the bomb may not be a person. Any number of things could still happen to cause the city to explode.

Until there is another trip to the future to show New York not blown up, I am going to assume that the first answer from the writer that said the bomb would go off is the right one, we just got the time frames wrong now.

as for that line, the Future Peter admitted to being the bomb.... he survived without Claires power.

Also he had a scar, do we have proof that the future Peter could regenerate? I need to go back and watch FYG.
                  I think your stance is hilarious the creator even said in an interview that most every mystery in the begginning would be tied up by the finale which it was. The bomb didn't blow up New York, and wont again in the future. Now they are delving into the the previous generation of heroes.

Comment

didn't he survive it it the future? If he did I think it was because Claire was with him.

Comment

He survived because nuclearkinesis comes with an auto protection for the user- thus Ted is still alive even though he blew up multiple times.

Claire needed to be saved to help inspire nathan, and to keep sylar from getting regen.

Comment

Nuclearkinesis - Nice one!

Comment

Adding kinesis to the name of any superpower automatically makes it 5x cooler.

Comment

^^

Comment

Not every superpower, some don't work-

Superhumanstrengthkinesis
                              Tecnhnopathykinesis
                              Invisibilitykinisesis
                              and, of course, Telekinesiskinesis.

Comment

ok, you have a point.
                                And -pathy can be substituted for -kinesis in some instances while maintaining the coolness factor.

Invisibilty could be lumenkinesis.
                                Technopathy uses the aforementioned substitution
                                And Telekinesis already has a kinesis in it.

Can anyone come up with a -kinesis or -pathy for superstrength?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎