Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special FX in "How To Stop An Exploding Man" .....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special FX in "How To Stop An Exploding Man" .....

What did you think of the special effects?

Since tonight is a finale i hope they will have a lot of good ones. Since this is the first season finale for the show i would hope they want to leave a lasting impression.

Alot of people "flying", zoom in on flailing body, everything rushing past.

explosion looked hefty

Comment

Nathan doing a flip to land was awesome! Plus I like how they make him fly with that little boom to change the vertical/horizontal direction. He flies like nothing we have seen before!

Comment

Other than flight.....nada

Comment

hello folks this is one of the VFX crew members writing, just wanting to know what guys thought of the effects we busted out asses working on for the finale...

Comment

I liked the sword through Sylar, it looked great. Hiro being TK looked a lttle too ziplined. The bomb was nice also. One of the things I like about the show is how they utilize the camera to create the effects! We dont need to see DL go through a wall every time to know he can do it, just the thought of it is cool. Also the Sylar-Vadar deathgrip that was used was really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by labyrinth
              hello folks this is one of the VFX crew members writing, just wanting to know what guys thought of the effects we busted out asses working on for the finale...

Who's ass got busted out?

And as I said on another thread, I don't want to sound rude or put a damper on the thread but, how do we know you really work for the VFX team on Heroes?

I could claim I work for George Takei.

Comment

I'm guessing he really is on the VFX team, after all it's not like many people would go to much trouble to pretend they're a special effects guy (no offense labyrinth). He's posted on multiple threads claiming this, and on his profile he says his occupation is VFX, so I'm inclined to believe him.

Comment

Of course his profile says nothing else either! Which to me is questionable. These sounds exactly like something I would have done when I was younger! If someone really is a part of show of this significance, why would they need to ask these questions anyways? Why announce themselves? It seems to me that a more anonymous approach would be better! Sorry, but I pulled way to many pranks, on and off the computer, to believe the first thing someone tells me. Xanthus I would take note of warnings as well or someday you might end up send your first paycheck to Switzerland with hope of inheriting a million dollars!

Comment

In the cyber world, you can be anyone you want to be.

As I said in one of these threads, it would not be hard to contact a moderator or simply email Craig. Were I running a site such as Kryptonsite and one of the creative team happened by and joined up, I would be thrilled to interiew or at least pick his/her brain (hidden Sylar reference).

Comment

Exactly! I think I would make time as well. (hidden Hiro reference)

Comment

I know that anyone could pretned to work for Heroes, but it just seems to me that an FX guy isn't a job someone would pretend to have. If they wanted to, he could be something much higher up, so why be a special effects guy? (again, no offense, labyrinth)

Comment

Why not be a FX guy when I was that age thats wanted to be.

Comment

If he *is* an SFX guy, he's a low-runger who's just curious and is doing this off the record. The higher ups would use a more professional means of communicating, or just let the show take care of it. They would also be far more professional in their use of punctuation, grammar, and so on. I am not so gullible as to take anyone at their word over the Internet. That's how 14 year-old girls get kidnapped and people lose their identities.

While labyrinth's little charade doesn't hurt anything, and discussing what we thought of the effects is a worthwhile waste of our time, I'd suggest people discuss it for its merit, not because of labyrinth's claim.

Comment

I did like the web page that was posted though

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎