ya think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
        ya think ?
        damn straight!

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
          darn.. guess ppl didnt like the lexana marriage thing lol
          I guess you are right. It is not only the fact that they made the female lead marry the villain, but the way it was portrayed that made it disgusting. Lexana has been on since the end of last season, and still the ratings didn't go that bad. People didn't like the relationship, but the show wasn't all about them. We had character growth for most of the characters and superman stuff.

Then, all of a sudden, Clark/Lex/Lana became the entire focus of the show. We had Clark stalking Lana, Lana in a soap operish ways being "forced" into marrying Lex, and the whole "baby" plot... No wonder the ratings started to go down with such a weak plot. There was no need to do that. If they really wanted the wedding, they should have made it happen with Lana wanting to marry Lex, and then finding out who he really was and helping Clark to bring Lex down, or not have it at all.

Comment

actually, the last um 4 trailers? after promise havent been clexana centered at all.. o_o

Comment

actually, the last um 4 trailers? after promise havent been clexana centered at all.. o_o
              The trailer for this episode certainly was.

Besides, after "Promise," I don't think people had to see the promos to kinda guess what the rest of the season would be about.

Comment

They have been in my area. All of them. And so was the next one... "Love turns into Anger. Anger turns into Hate...." It was pure Clexana.

darn.. guess ppl didnt like the lexana marriage thing lol
                I have to say that I wasn't 100% against Lexana. I mean, I thought that Lexana has been built up since season 1 & that MR and KK have some chemistry. But the way they handled it this season? Pure soap opera crap. So now I hate it. And I think Clexana is to blame for the ratings. If they had kept Lana single & Lex still attracted to her, it would have been much better. For the characters and the plot.
                Last edited by eas; 05-11-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Actually, I think the only one that wasn't either clexana or clana was the trailler for Progeny.

Originally posted by eas
                  I have to say that I wasn't 100% against Lexana. I mean, I thought that Lexana has been built up since season 1 & that MR and KK have some chemistry. But the way they handled it this season? Pure soap opera crap. So now I hate it. And I think Clexana is to blame for the ratings. If they had kept Lana single & Lex still attracted to her, it would have been much better. For the characters and the plot.
                  I couldn't agree more. The plot made everyone look bad. Lex, who was supposed to become a great villain, retorting to simulate a fake pregnancy to marry Lana is beyond pathetic. Clark going after a married woman even before he suspected she was forced to it, goes after everything superman stands for. And Lana being once again turned into helpless victim is such a waste of a potentially good character. Lana's character could be so much more than the girl who always has to be rescued.
                  Last edited by liana; 05-11-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Conclusion? AlMiles simply don't learn. Almost everyone here called that the ratings would go down this low. We saw it happening in season 3, 4 and 5, when they decide to focus the show on the soap opera. Every single season is the copy of the previous season, only changing the plot/characters.

Smallville:
                    First two episodes, closing ALL previous season plot arcs.
                    First half of season, building up the new plot arcs, full of action.
                    Mid season: The episode that changes the focus to soap opera.
                    Second half of season: Soap opera.
                    Final two episodes: Rushed build-up to the finale.

AND they keep telling that "everyone loves love triangles"...

Comment

^And I've read and heard them refer to this season as the best of them all lol

Comment

I see the denial of the fact that the ratings drop started from Justice (with only a slight increase for Freak) is still continuing.

I see the "real" ratings increase started at Justice simply because it got a larger increase even though Hydro increased the ratings from Subterranean. /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
                          The trailer for this episode certainly was.

Besides, after "Promise," I don't think people had to see the promos to kinda guess what the rest of the season would be about.
                          i thought this one had the lex and ares dude, and lana saying something about it

the radio ads are a totally different story

i think the whole season is to blame, its just been such a horrible mess from start to end, the middle arc prob got its high ratings only because of justice, i think we all saw this coming

and theyre planning on kicking kristin out and on a season 8? not happening

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                            Not a happy camper...

Lower ratings = less money.
                            less money = even more BS about "budget cuts"
                            Budget concerns = crappy storylines
                            Crappy story lines = lower ratings
                            Lower ratings = unhappy kryptonian-ronin
                            That's what I call flawless logics. Kudos man!

Comment

This is an easy trend to explain:

People don't like the "no flights, no tights" rule, plain and simple. Every season the cliffhanger/season-opener teases with the possibility that this is the season he is going to really take off and start claiming his mantle.

When it becomes obvious that it isn't going to happen... they start to tune out and wait (with hope) for the next season.

The build up of Clark in Smallville was fine for the first 3 or 4 years, but the viewers sat through that with the expectation of being rewarded with a new take on the birth of a hero; kind of a "Superman:Year One"

How he goes from being this farm kid to Superman is is a greta story to explore in depth. But all viewers are getting is more tired meteor freak plots and yet another round of "what will happen with Lana?"

It doesn't help tht the stories they are contriving to avoid the Elephant in the room (Superman) are pretty lame. Instead of being a natural build up to how he becomes who he is going to become, the writers now look as though they are scrambling and reaching for reasons/excuses to delay it.

Comment

It's also possible that 'Are you smarter than a fifth grader' is pulling away viewers. Statgirl on PiFeedBack says that it first aired on March 15th (against Promise) but has aired Thursdays at 9pm for the previous two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎