Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Noir?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it was a good episode, it was cool to see the old-time "movie" inside Jimmy's head, in black and white, and it looked a little like a Superman movie, with Clark working at The Daily Planet. (Except that he's a cop, and not a superhero of course.)

It's also a little funny with the shoulder blooper, that I didn't see when I watched the episode, but when I read about it, I looked for myself and it was true

Comment

• Till tis day still do not like

Comment

• This episode is in my top 5 of Season 6. It was interesting how they put the story together but in a old-time view. I also thought it was cool that Jimmy dreamed up all that and in a funny way it showed how Lana wasn't the most honest person as Clark views her.

Comment

• well i thought she looked good ...

Comment

• I absolutely LOVED it!!! I loved the feel of classic Superman you get from it. Two complaints:
            1. Lana's voice got in my nerves the WHOLE time. I think she was going for a smokey sultry sound and she WAY over shot.
            2. I was slightly confused almost the whole time... it was pretty dificult to follow.

Comment

• i disliked this episode very much. This in my top 5 least favorite smallville episodes if not my least favorite.

Comment

• I liked it a lot!

Comment

• It was OK, but they couldn't decide which shoulder was shot.

Comment

• i dont know
                    i think i kinda dont like it
                    the only thing i like about it just the Chlark moment when Clark catches Chloe...(and yes,i'm a Chlarker)

Comment

• I love this episode. I love old movies and having Jimmy be the centeral character was interesting. (He was one of my favorite characters.) It showed what he really thought of the relationships between the other characters in a very interesting way. This episode combined two of my favorite types of shows/movies into one and I love that.

Comment

• This was a terrible episode compared to the last one.I hated the plot,acting and it was totally chessey

Comment

• I was confused. Like seriously.

Comment

• I agree with Jimmy. They don't make movies like they used to. Doesn't make this episode brilliant. Jimmy gets knocked over the head, while The Big Sleep plays in the background, and starts having a dream. However, other than supposedly being a noir story, there is no connection between the 1946 film and Jimmy's dream. The Big Sleep is about a private detective, and was released in 1946. This story is about Jimmy dreaming about being a reporter in 1940. The connection between the two is weak. Basically, it's a black and white, 1940s crime story. In the end, the only point of the story is Jimmy realizing the cigarette case, because of the constant line "Gardenia" (which is a line from The Maltese Falcon, not The Big Sleep). That bit I found hilarious, as The Big Sleep was based on the book by Raymond Chandler... who also wrote The Simple Art of Murder, in which he noted that detective fiction is rarely realistic. Here, a major breakthrough in a crime, comes from a guy on the sideline having a dream.

A story told from Jimmy's perspective could've been interesting. At this point, he was only a recurring character, who had only appeared in nine previous episodes. Through his eyes, we could've seen how everything must look to people from the outside. People who are around, but not in the know (be it Clark's secret or other matters). Something down the line of the M*A*S*H episode "Point of View" (only not literally through Jimmy's eyes). However, we get no insight into how Jimmy views the other characters. As highlighted by his mind casting Lois Lane as someone who could get romantically involved with Lex Luthor (whom she despises).

The best part was with "the Talon" coatcheck girl. For a moment I thought that she looked like Cassidy Freeman and rewinded the scene, to get a better look. No dice, but it would've been fun if she had looked more like Cassidy. Then one could've considered it an early tease of Tess Mercer. That Jimmy's encountered her at some point before this (and used her face for this character).

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎