No announcement yet.

It Doesn't Make Sense

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharingan
    I think it's simple because there is only two timelines in the works here...

The "5 Years Gone" timeline is where Future Hiro tries to kill Sylar but Sylar has Claire's powers to regen. So Future Hiro goes back in time to get Peter to save Claire.

Present Hiro travels into the future of "5 Year Gone" timeline where Future Hiro tells himself why he asked Peter to save Claire. Technically, Future Hiro still stabbed Sylar.

So there can only be two possibilties of why Sylar is still alive in the future.

1. Time anomaly where Future Hiro changed the "Present" timeline but because Present Hiro left his time and jumped to the future, there was no one there to stab Sylar. However "5 Years Gone" timeline still progresses normally on its own with Future Hiro still thinking he failed to stab Sylar.

The only way I can explain this is that no matter how Hiro changes the past, he still retains the memory of the unchanged timeline(s) in his head.

Possbility 2.

Sylar simply has some other ability that prevented the stab from killing him. I doubt it is Healing though, because otherwise, he wouldn't be that excited when he got his hands on Claire.
    ^^ Isn't that what I said?

Comment

Originally posted by shipgrad2002
      Now if we remember back to the first episode we see when Hiro goes to New York five weeks in the future, that time went faster, and when he called Ando, Ando said where have you been for such and such time you haven't been here. This means that the future is going to change when Hiro goes back because he was five years in the future when the bomb went off. In essence until he travels back in time, it is as if he never went back.
      This would make sense if there were no Future Hiro in the future, since he went five years in the future, he shouldn't have been in the present to live the 5 years to see himself arriving!

I'm ready to bet money that, when Linderman showed the pictures of Nathan in the Oval office in 0.7%, that Linderman didn't know it will be Sylar there and not Nathan.
      And what we saw in last night's episode WILL be the future.
      And that season 2 will start with the battle between Sylar and Peter (right after future Hiro's death)
      Last edited by Portdechar; 05-01-2007, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Actually of course he would be there. (More silly time travel speculation coming) He went to the futre and back. If he would have never gone back, then there would have been a gap in time of no Hiro.

Comment

because there is no point of showing what happens after the explosion in episode 23, since we already know most of the outcome from the future episode, so they'll have to start from the future, at the Sylar/Peter showdown

Originally posted by chrisxs5
          Actually of course he would be there. (More silly time travel speculation coming) He went to the futre and back. If he would have never gone back, then there would have been a gap in time of no Hiro.
          did you check the quote, from shipgrad2002,
          Hiro was not there for 5 weeks!!! Ando confirmed it!
          Cause Hiro did not return to the past yet, therefore no Hiro was there for 5 weeks!

so the future Hiro shouldn't have been there?
          Last edited by Portdechar; 05-01-2007, 05:49 AM.

Comment

When Future Hiro said you shouldnt be here, basically meant that the his future is now different, so everything we saw isnt exactly what is going to happen. Even in the future Peter didnt know Sylar was still alive. But of course he will in season 2!

Comment

I hope so! I hope i'm wrong!

Comment

When Future Hiro said you shouldnt be here, basically meant that the his future is now different, so everything we saw isnt exactly what is going to happen. Even in the future Peter didnt know Sylar was still alive. But of course he will in season 2!

Exxxacctllyyy...!!! Everyting would change noww...!! because they are trying to change the future..!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by svfan50
                  Exxxacctllyyy...!!! Everyting would change noww...!! because they are trying to change the future..!!!!!
                  Cool! Someone agreed with me

Its just a ripple effect, one event has been changed so now all the rest have been changed!

Comment

hey chrisxs5, so Future Hiro, what memories does he have of escaping Linderman's vault with Ando and the Sword 5 years ago? does he remember going to the future and meeting himself?

freaking paradoxes...

Comment

I know exactly what you mean! But of course he has slept since then! (Thats the excuse I always give when I cant remember something). Seriously though, I think Heroes is portraying them as 2 completely different version of Hiro. So the one who went back in time to change it would have different memories than the one who lived the changes.

Comment

^ that somehow makes sence.

Comment

They don't write holes in shows this well written. It all makes perfect sense.

1. Sylar kills Claire
                          2. Future Hiro stabs Sylar
                          3. Sylar Regenerates
                          4. Future Hiro goes back in time to tell Peter to save Claire
                          5. Claire is saved
                          6. Present Hiro transports 5 years into the future.
                          7. Nobody stabs Sylar
                          8. Events of String Theory/5 years gone transpire as we watched.

That is why Future Hiro is so surprised/pissed when he sees present Hiro. The fact that Peter is the 1 who explodes is irrelevant to this discussion.

Ginx has it right.

Comment

9. Hiro changes things again and if he were to go forward 5 years again everything would be completely different from "5 years gone".

Comment

If you don't like the time travel paradox (I do, but some don't) there are easier ways.

Hiro maybe only thought that Sylar could regenerate, maybe he phased the sword through him (DL) or mabye he altered the state of the metal (I don't remember the kid's name). He also could have Linderman's healing power or any other power that comes in the next few episodes.

Comment

Linderman cant heal himself so that cant be it, but the metal thing is a good point. I wondered when they revealed that ep, what the purpose of it would be good for!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎