No announcement yet.

It Doesn't Make Sense

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Doesn't Make Sense

This is the first time I've ever found a hole in the writing. I love this show, but one part of FYG didn't make sense:

How is Sylar still alive after Hiro stabbed him if Claire is still alive?

It's a paradox. Sylar should be dead, or Claire shouldn't be there for him to kill a second time.

Anyone have an explanation?

the past hiro was never there to stab sylar

Comment

HEre we go another time debate thread!

Comment

Yeah you can't argue about time. It's pointless and goes in circles and sometimes squares.

Comment

Did I miss something?? When did Hiro stab Sylar?

Comment

My theory is that when he and Ando traveled five years into the future, he not only time traveled but also went to a different dimension where Claire wasn't saved

Comment

Maybe Claire really wasn't dead after Sylar got done with her. Maybe she regenerated - went into hiding and then when Sylar found out she was alive - he came back to really finish the job?

It's a time traveler question - it can go many different ways. Think about Back to the Future - alternate time lines (wow, time for me to go to sleep I think).

Comment

In the episode, future Hiro said he stabbed Sylar, but Sylar didn't die because he had killed Claire and taken her ability to regenerate.

If Five Years Gone takes place in another dimension where Claire was saved, then Sylar doesn't have the power of regeneration and should have been killed when Hiro stabbed him.

Comment

It was mentioned in the graphic novel online and again tonight towards the beginning of the episode.

I actually think it would be funny to get another time debate thread going. It may be a bit repetitive and go in circles, but you can get some funny, albeit really defensive, responses. I just take a backseat and let everyone else duke it out, trying to figure out the exact science of time travel and alternate timelines makes my brain hurt.

Comment

Re: It Doesn't Make Sense

Originally posted by patsfan
                    This is the first time I've ever found a hole in the writing. I love this show, but one part of FYG didn't make sense:

How is Sylar still alive after Hiro stabbed him if Claire is still alive?

It's a paradox. Sylar should be dead, or Claire shouldn't be there for him to kill a second time.

Anyone have an explanation?

What Future Hiro said was, in "his" past he stabbed Sylar, and he regenerated, THEN, he got the idea to go back and tell Peter to "Save The Cheerleader" which Peter did, thus Claire is still alive.
                    (At least she was alive)

Comment

ok let me take a shot at this. lol

Ok based on what STFanatic said. Future Hiro went back in time to tell Peter to save Claire - which Peter did.

That directly changed the future so that Sylar didn't have Claire's powers and he was still looking for Claire.

So past Hiro didn't stab Sylar because he wasn't there to stab him because he (past Hiro) was in the future. So Sylar is still alive because past Hiro wasn't there on the day of the explosion to stab Sylar.....whew.....

thus Future Hiro said 'what are YOU doing here' especially on that particular day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                        ok let me take a shot at this. lol

Ok based on what STFanatic said. Future Hiro went back in time to tell Peter to save Claire - which Peter did.

That directly changed the future so that Sylar didn't have Claire's powers and he was still looking for Claire.

So past Hiro didn't stab Sylar because he wasn't there to stab him because he (past Hiro) was in the future. So Sylar is still alive because past Hiro wasn't there on the day of the explosion to stab Sylar.....whew.....

thus Future Hiro said 'what are YOU doing here' especially on that particular day.
                        i think you're missing a few things. I recommend everyone watch the episode again and listen carefully to when they're talking. I'll do so myself as well but before that here's why it doesn't make sense...

Future Hiro says he stabbed Sylar and Sylar regenerated and that's why he didn't die. That means he has Claire's power, and Claire must be DEAD because she cannot live with injuries to the brain, as seen in past episodes. if Sylar is eating people's brains, she can't regenerate. Yet...she's alive in the future? WTF?

Also, recall that Mohinder does mention he remembers Peter talking about future Hiro and the message. So why didn't Peter act on it in the same way this time? What makes the present time different? Doesn't make much sense to me.

So let's see...Hiro apparently stabs Sylar, he regenerates and DOES NOT die. How? Because he killed Claire and has her powers. But she's alive, so there's only one solution i can think of that the writers must have in store for the next episode...

Sylar doesn't get that power from Claire. He never did. He got it from someone else. Mallory perhaps? Or perhaps a hero that will be introduced in the episode before the season finale, or even in the season finale. Something's missing, and I don't think it's an error.

Comment

Um... first off, Claire isn't the only one with a healing ability. Easy explanation: Linderman saved Sylar by healing him. there is no paradox here.

HOWEVER: didn't Peter say that he was the bomb? so maybe Hiro stabbed Peter instead

Comment

hmm... my head hurts now...

I still wonder how Peter got the scar and why didn't it heal?

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                              hmm... my head hurts now...

I still wonder how Peter got the scar and why didn't it heal?
                              perhaps the Haitian is there when he gets the gash that becomes the scar? That's the only thing I can think of.

And Drolfin, good point about Linderman. How about this...SYLAR KILLS LINDERMAN! That could be a reason why he's able to regenerate in a sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎