Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.19 - Folsom Prison Blues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys think the lawyer might have sent the FBI to the wrong graveyard?

Comment

that guy is a jerk tho lol

ya i think she did

Comment

Good job lawyer!

Comment

I like that girl!

Comment

Next week looks AWESOME!!

This week was good, but nothing very exciting. I would rate it an 8

Comment

another great episode. cant wait to see next weeks it looks great.

Comment

I really enoyed this one. Another in a long line of really solid episodes. I can't wait for next week. It looks so good!

Comment

does anyone know who played Deacon?? he looks sooo familiar!

Comment

That was a fun episode. Next week looks more awesome though.

Comment

Calling it right now, that "lawyer" is either a hunter, if only nothing than an info gatherer or some such, or a friend of John or his network of hunters. It was funny how she really wanted to help the boys and how she just believed that Sam and Dean were innocent just because Dean gave her the "puppy dog face". Also kinda telling how she grinned as she got into her car after misleading the FBI to the wrong cemetery - [which I immediately pegged, BTW, that she told them another cemetery than where the boys were... seen it too often on SPN, let alone on other TV shows/movies]. I just don't buy that she's a normal woman who believed these two guys' innocence just because they saved people, based on the people she interviewed. Now if she had been in on the hunt and saved by them, it'd be alot more plausible to think she just trusted them and helped them escape, but this is weird. Either that, or I am paranoid and looking for things that just aren't there.

And about Henriksen... I'm not so sure he's more than just an FBI agent anymore, I think he's just a guy who can't/won't see the "gray area" of life, its all "black and white" to him. Thus, it had to be Dean and not a shapeshifter that committed the murder(s) in St Louis and the brothers are doing other things like grave desecrations,etc because they're sick in the head, instead of killing evil things and saving innocent lives.

Totally taken off guard - haha, pun intended - that Deacon was the guard that was continually harassing Dean. I thought for sure he was gonna attempt to beat the crap out of the boys, after he told the other guy to leave them alone.

Dean - "I can't believe Tiny's dead. Poor Tiny."

Comment

Originally posted by Smallville_Fanatic_3
                        does anyone know who played Deacon?? he looks sooo familiar!
                        Looked familiar to me too!

Comment

Why did the ghost have to kill Tiny? He was such a cool inmate.

Originally posted by i luv tom welling
                          Do you guys see this defense attorney becoming a recurring character?
                          Yes, along with Meg 2 (Duane Tanner from Croatoan)
                          Last edited by Spirit Detective; 04-26-2007, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Loved this episode. I missed the first 5 minutes so I didn't get to see how Dean/Sam were initially caught. But the episode moved along extremely well and was entertaining for the entire hour. "Dean, doesn't it bother you how well you fit in here?" Supernatural always has great dialogue, and JA plays Dean so well. I really enjoyed the return of Henricksen, and I loved the fact that Dean's lawyer outsmarted Henricksen and the FBI. I also was geniunely suprised when Deacon's identity was revealed. I thought it was great he worked at the prison. They did an excellent job keeping Deacon's identity a suprise.

I still think that this season has had TOO MANY stand alone episodes though.

We haven't heard word one from that guy who was possesed that split that guy's throat and talked to the goblet of blood in the virus episode, and aside from the S2 premiere, no appearances from the yellow eyed demon. Also, they pretty much dropped the Sam destiny storyline, and we have had no development on his powers at all. Did the writers forget about the telekenesis from Sam in S1?

The reason I am frustrated with this season, is that they have been giving us good solid episodes for the whole season. But the development of the overall arc has been weak. With the season coming to a close, I was hoping that they would get back to the main arc, only for the previews to advertise yet ANOTHER stand alone episode. Granted I am really looking forward to the episode. Love alternate reality/dream sequence episodes. But I was really hoping for some mythology eps to close out the season.

Comment

samd and dean got caught on purpose they like snuck into some store or something that had weapons i blieve they were and tripped the silent alarm.

ya i wish they would bring sams telekenisis back but perhaps he isnt wanting to use his powers cause they may be a bright light to the demons hey over here look at me turn me evil.

im thinking next week could actually give some detials for the main story arc but we have to wait and see.

Comment

vyperman7, I don't mind that they aren't focusing all of their attention on the arc, or that we are getting a lot of stand-alone episodes. Because they are good stand-alone episodes.

That's the problem I have with a lot of shows' stand-alones. It's not them being self-contained that bothers me. It's that the writers/actors/everybody don't seem to put as much effort into them because they aren't part of the "big arc."

The folks at SPN give every episode 110%, whether it's part of the arc or not.

Also, I consider "Heart" part of the arc. It didn't involve the YED directly, but it was definately about Sam's fears that he will go evil one day (like Madison), and will have to be put down by someone who cares about him (like he had to shoot Madison).

Now, about the episode, loved it. And I loved all of the guest characters: Henrickson, Lawyer Lady, Deacon, Randall, Tiny, even Henrickson's partner.

As for the lawyer, I think she did what she did for two reasons.

One, she just couldn't buy that Dean and Sam were guilty. And she didn't just go by her feelings. She talked to people they'd saved (including a cop), who painted Sam and Dean as heroes rather than psycho killers, which made her even more convinced they weren't guilty, and something else was going on.

Two, Henrickson just ticked her off. When he basically called her a little girl, he ticked her off enough to take any opportunity she could get to screw him over. Which she did by giving him the name of the wrong cemetery.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎