Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose doing was the pregnancy fake?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That never occured to me... maybe it was Lionel. I wouldn't be surprised (although I had hoped that after Transference and all that with Jor-El Lionel would have stayed good).

Comment

IT WAS LEX THAT EVIL BASTARD HE'S AN ASS

Comment

Tell me how you really feel. I'm not arguing that it's one or the other; it probably was Lex. Just if we all found out it was Lionel, I wouldn't be surprised. Like father, like son. But then, why would Lex beat the crap out of that doctor on his wedding day if he wasn't the one who'd faked it. I always thought that Lana was Lex's only weakness, that he truly was captivated by her, but especially after Clark had said "Lex might hurt Lana just to spite me," I'm wondering if Lana was just an object to him the whole doggone time.

Comment

it's definitely Lex, who else would care enough 2 fake Lana's pregnacy.

Comment

another reason lending further support to it being Lex's doing and not Lionel's... if it wasn't Lex doing the faking treachery, and he truly thought his girlfriend/wife was really pregnant, why is he seen awakened by a (albeit vague in terms of intent) nightmare of his "child's" ultrasound? If you're having ominous nightmares about the pregnancy, chances are, you've got something troublesome weighing upon your mind.

Comment

Lex.
              It seems Lionel only cared enough to manipulate Lana after he realized she was going to leave Lex standing at the alter. Why Lionel cares about Lex's lovelife or happiness now really didn't seem to make too much sense to me.

Comment

Naw, he just wanted Lex to owe him big time..."You'll know when it's time for me to collect."

Comment

Lex no doubt in my mind. It was obviuosly him who drugged her

Comment

Lex... though it doesn't make sense given Static. But it's Lex.

so I voted for A Lana obsessed mental freak because it's funnier.

Comment

Well, who says it can't be??

Comment

Lex was staring at the picture of the ultrasound and having nightmares about the baby because deep down he was feeling GUILTY about what he had done - not because he was feeling all giddy and fatherly. It has to be tough, even when you are evil, to purposely lie and deceive someone you love like that.

It was Lex 100%. Every single time they talked about the baby, they showed Lex's forced and fake emotion face just so that we could see the guilt hidden underneath.

Comment

I agree that Lex is responsible for dosing Lana with the hormones -- but as I've posted in another thread, I think he only did so after a genuinely pregnant Lana lost the baby via a very early miscarriage.

As various folk have noted here, Lex has too much emotional investment in the idea of a real baby (and the attendant Happily Ever After with Lana) -- not to mention having genuine feelings for Lana -- to make it likely for him to create a wholly imaginary pregnancy. But it would be completely in character for Lex to panic at having to tell Lana she's lost their baby (Lana might blame/reject him), and to engineer the illusion that she's still pregnant so as to postpone that particular conversation.

Yes, this isn't entirely rational, as it only postpones the inevitable (unless Lex somehow comes up with a surrogate infant and can persuade Lana that she's delivered it). But neither is Lex entirely rational where his feelings for Lana are concerned -- and that's liable to have affected his usually reliable Evil Judgment on this sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBullet
                            Lex all the way.....the next choice would be Lionel then it would be Shelby
                            Now that's funny.

Comment

This whole pregnancy storyline didn't make sense. Lex didn't know Lana was "pregnant" at first and when He found out during that Static EP he was so super-happy. He was literally on another plane of existence, so why was he so happy if he was the one faking it all? He couldn't had been acting for somebody else's benefit because there was nobody there to see it.

And of course in an later EP we see him acting totally devastated and throwing the baby pictures into the fire when Lana talks about how the whole baby thing had been faked, etc. If there had been somebody else there it could had been passed off as him trying to play the sympathetic, devastated daddy-wannabe card. But there was nobody else there, so he was just having those feelings for no good reason.

It was why I had this theory that Lana WAS pregnant, but then that meteor-powered guy who could move between frequencies somehow affected the baby. I mean, he literally disassembled Lana and Lex into a million atoms in order to move them to another frequency.... hence the static effect. Now suppose that the guy didn't know Lana was pregnant?? So he just assembled everything in Lana's body when he moved to a different frequency, and assumed that everything in her belonged to her body and that there was no baby.

poof, baby atomized out of existence.

Then there's Lex. Lex litterally had zero interest in Lana at all, until Lexmas.
                              During Lexmas he was like, "Me and Lana? WTF!! how can this be, I don't even like her." That is... until he saw the cute kid he would have with her. and during that ep he does say that the one thing he wanted in life was a happy family. He wanted to be a dad with children.

So, yes, he did want to get back at clark a little bit. But, He also wanted that family that he dreamed about in Lexmas. So he was completely ecstatic when Lana told Lex that she was pregnant (for real). But after the events of trespass, he realized that the baby was somehow vaporized out of existence... now he might had been deveasted a little bit, but he wasn't going to let something like that stop his dream of being a father. So, he wanted to find a way to bring back that baby, or maybe create a new one.

But when Lana found out what Lex was doing... well, he had to kiss his dream of a happy family goodbye. hence why he looked so devastated at the end of that pregnancy storyline.

I think that would be the only way to explain Lex's reactions when he thought nobody else were looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                                This whole pregnancy storyline didn't make sense. Lex didn't know Lana was "pregnant" at first and when He found out during that Static EP he was so super-happy. He was literally on another plane of existence, so why was he so happy if he was the one faking it all? He couldn't had been acting for somebody else's benefit because there was nobody there to see it.
                                He actually wasn't happy at all. His look upon hearing about the baby was a cringe. But personally I think that pregnancy was never faked. I think Lex had the baby removed secretly because it was alien in origin. That baby grew up to be Conner. I'll explain: I think Brainiac used Clark's DNA to encode krytponian powers onto Lex's DNA in Vessel. When Clark used Jor-El's crystal on Lexod in Zod, it purged Zod from Lex's body, along with powers that Lex had, but Clark's DNA had already bonded to Lex's in some way. Now, how did Brainiac get Clark's DNA you ask? He got it in Splinter. When he used that device to suck that splinter of silver kryptonite out of Clark, a vile of Clark's blood came with it.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎