No announcement yet.

Green Arrow too super?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Arrow too super?

OK, so your trapped on an island for a long time and you get really good with a bow. You do yoga and etc other martial arts, and you have great toys.

(Boy that bow is snazzy aint it?)

Does that make you capable of what the Green Arrow did in this episode?

I mean the gemstone arrow into exactly the right spot.... nearly impossible, but stopping a bullet with an arrow‽

Thats superhuman in my book. I'm not saying that they are gonna give him powers, just that they are overestimating the ability of even a highly skilled archer.
    Amazing what you can do with a little practice!
    0%
    Yeah ... a little over the top even for GA.
    0%

I had to go for the first option. Other than the bullet-stopping arrow, what he did was akin to Batman. Hell, the whole character is akin to Batman!
    Yes, that scene was pretty much unbelievable but I'm prepared to let it go! Maybe he has a special ballistics feature on his bow! Still wouldn't explain the accuracy though, I know.
    One other thing though. My memory is a bit hazy having only seen the episode once, but does Ollie arrive at Lois' apartment at nearly the same as Clark (who has supersped there when he finds out that she is in danger)? I could be totally wrong about this!

Comment

Hellooooo over the top? This isn't about real life.

Comment

Re: Green Arrow too super?

Originally posted by SheaMan
        OK, so your trapped on an island for a long time and you get really good with a bow. You do yoga and etc other martial arts, and you have great toys.

(Boy that bow is snazzy aint it?)

Does that make you capable of what the Green Arrow did in this episode?

I mean the gemstone arrow into exactly the right spot.... nearly impossible, but stopping a bullet with an arrow‽

Thats superhuman in my book. I'm not saying that they are gonna give him powers, just that they are overestimating the ability of even a highly skilled archer.
        You’re assuming Smallville's take on GA is the same as in the comics; though let's hope they never suggest he has powers of any kind. He does have those gadgets (where does he get those wonderful toys!) which I’m sure makes it a hell of a lot easier to hit his mark, especially the magnifying/targeting glasses.

Of course you have the believability factor, this is standard with all heroes, these are the things that make them super - remember this is a comic book character, who even in the comics does WAY more than any highly skilled archer could EVER handle (what do you want, Robin Hood?)

If you’re going to point out credibility, how about his shot at the can to win Lois’s affections – here we see him sans gadgets, making a near impossible hit with the can’s pull ring – snagging the ring in the shaft (how did it get past the large arrow head?) I never questioned its believability because I know I’m watching a show about an alien from a far distant planet with incredible psychics defying powers growing up in a farm in Kansas.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎