Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Truck(merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting sick of the product placement.

Comment

Originally posted by fanfic addict
      Senators earn $165K a year to start. I think they can afford a new truck.
      Yeah, that's what I figured.
      [The Smallville producers need everybody on the show to drive new cars to get $$ from VW, Toyota, what have you; they always have used Dodge cars & trucks, though -- interesting ...]
      It actually makes sense, though, because the Kents always drove old Dodge trucks & fixed their tractor while the farm was their primary income, but now Martha being the Senator makes up for their losses. Chloe either gets her new cars with her computer-hacking-skills or she's up to her ears in debt, either of which would fit. Lana always has a new SUV, too; could be she's way in debt, or maybe she got inheritance from her mom & dad, or maybe she sued NASA for letting her parents get hit by meteorites ...

Comment

Who cares, really? Other than Lost, just about every popular TV show has product placement - it's a major source of revenue for networks. The fact that it occurs on SV attests to ithe show's popularity and pumps dollars into the show's budget.

If it pumps money in, I wouldn't care if they did have lines vaguely endorsing the product.

Martha could afford it on a senator's salary. Besides, how many dealers would give a senator the car at cost because they are a senator? Damn near everyone of them.

Comment

Truth, Justice and the American way.

What's up with a Toyota???

Comment

Harruummph! And when's the last time Shelby got a new collar????

Comment

Originally posted by Twehttam

I guess they bought Al a golden throne.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
                Who cares, really? Other than Lost, just about every popular TV show has product placement - it's a major source of revenue for networks. The fact that it occurs on SV attests to ithe show's popularity and pumps dollars into the show's budget.

If it pumps money in, I wouldn't care if they did have lines vaguely endorsing the product.

Martha could afford it on a senator's salary. Besides, how many dealers would give a senator the car at cost because they are a senator? Damn near everyone of them.
                Other than Lost? - LOL - There is product placement in that show too - watch carefully.

I like the new truck - what does it matter that Clark's driving one with poor gas mileage - it's tv.....I'm pretty sure he didn't look into consumer reports before jumping into it and driving it down the road.

Originally posted by Twehttam

hmmmm......well let's see - a lot of the parts are made in other countries and then some of the vehicles are assembled in the US - so it's at least part US....give the truck a break

Of course - Chevy's and Ford's are very nice too - any truck would be fine by me.

Comment

Finally a new truck ......

Comment

Yeah I noticed that Clark had a brand new Toyota thundra. I guess Toyota felt Clark would get the only one who would drive a pickup since Lois, Chloe, and Lana always driver SUVs or little cars like VWs. Lex would only drive a pickup when Porsche starts building a pickup.

Kansas state senators must make good money for the kents to afford a brand new pickup like that.

Comment

I know a few people that can crap money too, I hate them.

Comment

Why does he even have a truck ???
                        He can run to South-America in seconds (where the spaceship from season 5 was) but yet he wastes minutes of his day driving around in that thing. :S

If the Kent family is so poor than why buy a new expensive truck with zero uses?

Comment

Yea i mentioned to my mom "SOMEONES GOTTA A NEW TRUCK"
                          really nice, hope they don't decide to roll that bad boy over on the road
                          haha i must say they do have great sponsers!~

Originally posted by 2shae
                          Why does he even have a truck ???
                          He can run to South-America in seconds (where the spaceship from season 5 was) but yet he wastes minutes of his day driving around in that thing. :S

If the Kent family is so poor than why buy a new expensive truck with zero uses?
                          well as a senator, i don't think $ is a problem now
                          and maybe she was like you kno clark, you deserve a nice ride

Comment

I acually rewinded it like 3 times i couldnt belive it I was like " what!!"

Comment

I kno its only fair that Clark got a toyota too!
                              Chloe has one, Lois has one!

seriously tho, Clark has to have some kind of vehicle, people would just be like um hello how do u get her so fast. lol
                              and not see a car somewhere in the mist.

and yes, how funny they could just stroll over, but again, Martha is the senator now, and they might know clark is and not even question it bc he was tryin to help ...it would be different if they found clark at the scene before they got there

Comment

^^Lois has a Ford...but yeah, Clark deserves a new car, too. And so does Lana, I mean, how many wrecks has she been in with that Jeep?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎