No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.18 - Hollywood Babylon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
    Sorry, Kal-El Son of Krypton, but I like all the variety the show has. I think if the guys just did the same things over and over again, it would get real boring real fast.
    Well 1 and 1/2 seasons later they were still doing it and I had a desire to see more, so obviously not.

I think the main problem here is that the writers keep trading off between episodes that are way too serious and episodes that are essentially one big joke. In season 1 they could find a perfect mix of them both, but the writers seem to be having a harder time doing that, so they think that it is an eather/ or situation.
    Last edited by Kal-El Son of Krypton; 04-22-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
      Gary Cole is pretty well-known. He's one of those guys a lot of people know, and has a lot of fans for his different works, but it's hard to point to just one thing he was known for.

ya he does a lot. and he always plays characters well but there is also something about him that makes him stand out. it might be his voice or the attitude he uses. wasnt he in office space too?

i wished he was in the episode a bit more. i was kind of thinking he may be the one behind the ghosts or whatever the creepyness was going to be but then he got killed by the naked ghost and was like huh he should have stayed longer lol.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
        ya he does a lot. and he always plays characters well but there is also something about him that makes him stand out. it might be his voice or the attitude he uses. wasnt he in office space too?

i wished he was in the episode a bit more. i was kind of thinking he may be the one behind the ghosts or whatever the creepyness was going to be but then he got killed by the naked ghost and was like huh he should have stayed longer lol.
        I wish he could have stayed around longer also. And yeah, he played Lumberg in Office Space. He's really great at those kind of roles!

Comment

Ok, I fianlly got to see HB (had to tivo it for reason too complicated to explain).
          I have to tell you I was...pretty disapointed. It started out cool (well, once we got to the boys.) with the "Canadian weather" reference and Sam freaking out about Gilmore Girls.
          Then it just got cheesy and lame. Dean and his food obsession, Sam barely having a part, and too much inside joking. It felt like it was made for them, not for us.
          And I have to say, aside from a few funny lines (the above and the Die Hard thing--loved that Dean did a dead on Bruce Willis!), I didn't think this episode was all that funny. Tall Tales was much funnier.

Also, the hunt was kinda lame too.

So yeah, I didn't care much for this one.

Did love how the heroes (our boys) "walked off into the sunset". That was cute.
          Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 04-22-2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I actually thought this episode was entertaining. Sam was my favorite character, but Dean is slowly winning me over. JA just does such a great job with the role. Since I am breaking into the entertainment industry as an editor, I really connected with the episode from that level. I also loved how the writer worked in the experience on what happened into the script at the end of the episode. Also, Dean sleeping with the actress at the end and her calling him "One hell of a PA" was classic.

But once again, I was left wondering where the main arc of the season is going. I enjoy this season for the consistency of good episodes week to week. There is still a great mix of drama, humor and suspense in every episode.

BUt where in the hell is the development on the main arc?

It seems like EVERY episode is a stand alone episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
              LMAO - Loved the Diehard quote "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..." so good. Jensen even said it like Bruce Willis.

Good episode imo.
              Glad to see I wasn't the only person who loved this. It made me laugh and he did a really good job on the Bruce Willis impression.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
                BUt where in the hell is the development on the main arc?

It seems like EVERY episode is a stand alone episode.
                I've been wondering that myself lately. But I figure Kripke's waiting to pull out the big guns on that in the 2 part finale.

Originally posted by Mrs.OliverQueen
                Glad to see I wasn't the only person who loved this. It made me laugh and he did a really good job on the Bruce Willis impression.
                Yeah, that was awesome wasn't it?

Comment

Yeah it was. I agree with you welling_is_pretty. Although they do refer back to other episodes with the reappearance of characters and so on.

Comment

WHATS WAS THE ACTRESS NAME.. WHATS HER REAL NAME. I MIGHT OF SEEN HER AROUND HER EIN B.C

Comment

Dude, what's with all the cap letters, on forums like this that means you're shouting.

Comment

I loved this one. Dean and those little cheesestakes! Classic!

Haha tourguide " and this is the set of Stars Hallow where Gilmore Girls is filmed. " Sam looking on. haha so funny.

Comment

this was a gud one i got kinda scared of da ghost the was killed by the giant fan *shiverz*

Comment

After an episode as intense as "Heart" I'm glad that this came next. I love the way they made fun of horror movies and Hollywood in general. Most of Jensen and Jared's movies are horror, so I found it very funny that Supernatural made fun of those specifically. Supernatural making fun of itself in this episode in general was great too.

Comment

This episode is ok.Liked the plot and the ending.But what was the point of the first gril ghost?

Comment

I haven't finished this episode yet, but I just have to say that I love how the show has a sense of humor about itself!

The reference to Lois & Clark was very much appreciated, as was the Gilmore Girls reference. The look on Jared's face was so perfect when they said "Gilmore Girls"... oh the irony.

But more than that, I loved how they remarked that the weather was very Canadian (because obviously they shoot in Vancouver and they have crappy rainy weather all the time) I appreciated that line.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎