Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman, Killer...? (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really never saw why it matters. If he wasn't hurting them (and just hunting them, which would be a more accurate portrayal of what Martha read in the newspaper) then he was doing his job as a superhero. His motivation shouldn't be frustration, but it won't be in the end, and right now at least he's getting practice due to his frustration. Trying to do the right thing and using that to take out some frustration = a lot better than moping or using RedK due to frustration.

Comment

Clark FINALLY killed with intention!

God this was a breakthrough for my Smallville experience ! Seeing Clark superpissed of when he actually took all that beating from Titan I thought well this is going to end poorly but then suddenly..... ohh this made my day, Im not sure if I can lable this episode my number one favourite but its definently TOP2 favourites ! You might call it an accident that Titan died but hey its manslaughter then..... he god damn killed Though this could have been forseen since he has to get rid of them, but I never for a second thought it would happend by killing !

And even better if Clark doesnt listen to his mum, making him a litle more agressive in the future !

What do you guys think? Damn this was a killer episode. Clark killed, he friggin killed !

Comment

That uppercut was the best Superman move in history, it was like a video game.

Comment

I'm on the fence on this. Clark definitely had every intention to kill Titan, notice his choice of words while talking with Chloe at the DP, "Not if I kill him first," when he could have just said "Not if I stop him first" or something similar.

He's driven solely by anger, that's why. It would be just like Bruce in BB intending to murder Joe Chill after the trial, but in the end he's "saved" from committing the cardinal sin, killing in cold blood, simply because someone shot Joe first. Same thing happened in Combat, Clark was "saved" because Titan accidentally stabbed himself.

IMO the most important thing is that Clark felt remorse and guilt for what had happened, and I hoped that will be a character growth for him while realizing he needed to take his mother's advice to let go of the anger.

Comment

First you all ***** about Clark being such a wimp and now you're complaining that he was too tough.

Give it a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by man of steel37013
              TECHNICALLY HE DID NOT KILL ANYONE TITAN ACCIDENTALLY KILLED HIMSELF
              lol i like the way you think mate...thats very true titan accidently stabbed himself so its all gooood.

Comment

BTW--Bats leaving Ra'as to die in BB seems to be an isolated incident. I never read the Batman comics but on the cartoons (and they're an authority, right?) he seems to hold to a very strict code of honor, including never killing and going out of his way to save the villians. This is not just saving them from exploding lairs, but from themselves. He invariably tries to redeem his villians and get them to stop what they are doing and become good.

Back on-topic, I don't think Clark would have gone through with killing him. And Clark was super-angry. He'll learn to control himself better.

Comment

Superman would only kill if it was the last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by Random9882
                    Titan's falling on his own weapon is a technicality. Clark goes to a fight club -- where combatants fight to the death -- with the intention of facing Titan. And when Chloe objects that Clark could die, he says, "Not if I kill him first." I don't think Clark was working on too many contingency plans. Maybe he's already thought through his other options, but I would've liked to see him talk to Chloe or Oliver and look for ways to dispose of Zoners without killing them. Maybe it'd be a lost cause, but I think that we need to see that violence is not Clark's first choice.

Titan may not be human, but he is a sentient being, so Clark is right in regretting his death. He's one of the few Zoners who doesn't say he's out for revenge -- he's portrayed as a warrior who's interested only in the thrill of the fight.

Titan seems depraved and a bit mentally slow, but the real bad guy is Maddox, who's exploiting the meteor freaks/criminally insane at Belle Reve and profiting off their deaths. Clark could have worked to shut down the fight club and deliver everyone involved to the authorities (minus Titan, of course, who'd have to be dealt with personally). Instead, Maddox ends up dead and everyone else scatters. That's not quite the justice Superman should aim for. I'm glad Clark is finally stepping up to the plate and taking notice of the outside world, but he still has some growing up to do.

(By the way, Titan is from the Phantom Zone but not necessarily Kryptonian, so the stick could've been made out of anything. Of course, as we've seen in "Talisman," Kryptonian knives and such are capable of cutting Clark, so the weapon could be potentially harmful to Titan even if he were.)
                    Very good post. I definitely had overlooked the fact about Maddox being the real villain instead of Titan.

Combat showed Clark being on the right track like you said, but he definitely still has a lot to learn and growing up to do. For me, the intentions and motivations go a long, long way indeed, to determine who's a hero and who's not. And Clark's intentions and motivations for stopping crimes in Combat are definitely off.

Comment

clark is bad as and you know it! So what? Clark is aloud to kill! Dee dee dee like i said, worse than red K

Comment

i'm seeing a lot of, "he's killed in the comics before" type posts........besides when he killed zod, which literally drove him insane b/c of the remorse that he felt for over a year, give me one reference where he killed someone else......anyone?.....anyone???.......that's what i thought.

Comment

I thought the fight was awesome
                          i loved clark in combat
                          dont care that he killed titan, it was a gd thing
                          was truely awesome ep

clark was ace
                          when he said "my turn" and started wailing on titan it was just great.
                          Last edited by Nam-Ek2; 03-25-2007, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdKryptonite
                            First you all ***** about Clark being such a wimp and now you're complaining that he was too tough.

Give it a rest.
                            I agree.

Can't everyone just settle on the fact that the fight scene was the best fight scene there has ever being on smallville

Comment

Wasn't Titan a cyborg? Either way Superman killed Doomsday remember... and there are others. So Supes does indeed kill.

Comment

doomsday wasn't a living sentient being, but a created thing........next.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎