Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana sidestepped the kiss!/Lana pull back (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peat Moss
    But when did this so called "trap" spring? When did Lana go from loving Lex to hating him? Suddenly we started seeing her pull back from him, but why? Why would she choose to marry him then suddenly loathe him beyond measure?
    Her feelings are based on suspicion of and waning interest in Lex. She doesn't hate Lex yet, but after overhearing Chloe call him a 'monster' to Clark....and he clearly didn't reprimand her for saying that about Lex, she's got to have some suspicions. Plus, she just realized that she's really IN love with Clark, so her feelings for Lex have become somewhat less amorous. But with Lionel forcing her into the marriage, now she feels trapped....and it's kind of hard to get romantic with someone you've been forced to stay with and are starting to have strange suspicions about.

Comment

Why does she just now realize she loves Clark, though? Because he has powers? She's said before both that she doesn't love Clark and that she loves him but would marry Lex anyway. What brought about the change if not the simple fact that Clark has powers?

Comment

I too was puzzled about Lana's actions, since when does a round heel whore become so metalious about whom she has sex with.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedDemon77
          Her feelings are based on suspicion of and waning interest in Lex. She doesn't hate Lex yet, but after overhearing Chloe call him a 'monster' to Clark....and he clearly didn't reprimand her for saying that about Lex, she's got to have some suspicions. Plus, she just realized that she's really IN love with Clark, so her feelings for Lex have become somewhat less amorous. But with Lionel forcing her into the marriage, now she feels trapped....and it's kind of hard to get romantic with someone you've been forced to stay with and are starting to have strange suspicions about.
          how does Lana hearing Chloe call Lex a 'monster' hit anywhere near home w/ Lana?? everyone has been telling her that Lex has been manipulating her, using her, lying to her, is two faced, has alterier motives, etc. since DAY ONE of their semi-flirtations. Why is that when Chloe suddenly points it out this time should she hear it any differently?? and Lana knew she was still in love with Clark when she accepted Lex's proposal. She even admitted this to Lex when accepting. Saying she was destined to love BOTH of them.

I can understand Lana not being gung-hoe for being Mrs. Luthor since her arm was twisted at the last second; but she willing entered a relationship with him and willingly accepted his proposal. and until the 11th hour, was still going to marry him on her own terms. If they had character continuity in this show (not saying I dont love the show, or else I wouldnt be here...but they dont have character continuity) Lana would have mourned her relationship with Clark in private after she was forced to marry Lex; then gave herself a pep talk about how in the end she still does love Lex and can try and make herself happy with the man she loves second most. But they are portraying her to seem like she cant touch him with a ten foot pole all of a sudden...annoying.

Comment

Lana problem is and always has been her character, ( she has none), she makes appalling decisions and choices, and always expects to be absolved of the blame that comes from them. For some time now I have been astouned that no one ever calls her out about either her behavior or her actions towards everyone else. She is neither a sacred cow or a goddess of virtue, ( hardly) and piety, that gives her right to step on everyone's feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by CDLBLUE
              It is possible that Chloe wanted Lana to marry Lex so that ,at last ,she would have a clear shot at Clark.
              Chloe would never do that. NEVER.

Comment

Why does she just now realize she loves Clark, though? Because he has powers? She's said before both that she doesn't love Clark and that she loves him but would marry Lex anyway. What brought about the change if not the simple fact that Clark has powers?
                Lana never really stopped loving Clark....it was Clark that stopped loving her (or so she thought (Hypnotic/Hydro)...Lana had a few choices after that...keep persisting hoping for Clark to reconsider/take her back despite the fact that he clearly told her that he didn't love her anymore or take what was left of her pride that comes after being dumped and try and move on...she chose the latter....

For me it wasn't "Clark's powers" that did it but what the entire revelation as a whole meant...In discovering that everything Clark did and said to Lana which had caused her so much pain and hurt in the past was made out of love, fear and protection....Lana finally knows (to an extent) and understands the why of some of the questions that had been plaguing her.....

I can understand Lana not being gung-hoe for being Mrs. Luthor since her arm was twisted at the last second; but she willing entered a relationship with him and willingly accepted his proposal. and until the 11th hour, was still going to marry him on her own terms.....Lana would have mourned her relationship with Clark in private after she was forced to marry Lex; then gave herself a pep talk about how in the end she still does love Lex and can try and make herself happy with the man she loves second most. But they are portraying her to seem like she cant touch him with a ten foot pole all of a sudden...annoying.
                Lana is still in love with Clark and now that she knows the truth about Clark's feelings/actions my guess is that she can't "easily" be intimate with Lex anymore....especially now that Lana knows and is fully aware of Clark's sacrifice made for her out of love....she can't...before she was tring to move on thinking Clark didn't love her but now...

...always expects to be absolved of the blame that comes from them. For some time now I have been astouned that no one ever calls her out about either her behavior or her actions towards everyone else...
                When has Lana "expected" to be "absolved" of her actions?
                Last edited by boingo; 04-06-2007, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Lana never really stopped loving Clark....it was Clark that stopped loving her (or so she thought (Hypnotic/Hydro)...Lana had a few choices after that...keep persisting hoping for Clark to reconsider/take her back despite the fact that he clearly told her that he didn't love her anymore or take what was left of her pride that comes after being dumped and try and move on...she chose the latter....
                  TPTB need to keep track of who breaks up with who...In S4 Lana told Clark that he was a jinx and she always got injured around him, and she told him never to see her again. Then, when he doesn't go visit her at the hospital, she whines about how he never came to see her! This time, yes, he broke up with her. Yet she's been acting like she doesn't love him anymore, because he couldn't tell the secret. She's at least clearly said that it was the secret keeping them apart, not the fact that he wouldn't have her.

For me it wasn't "Clark's powers" that did it but what the entire revelation as a whole meant...In discovering that everything Clark did and said to Lana which had caused her so much pain and hurt in the past was made out of love, fear and protection....Lana finally knows (to an extent) and understands the why of some of the questions that had been plaguing her.....
                  If she really loved him, wouldn't it have been enough that he said he couldn't tell her? All that changed when she saw him "save" Chloe was that she knew about his powers. He still was keeping his secret from her, because he thought she didn't know.

Lana is still in love with Clark and now that she knows the truth about Clark's feelings/actions my guess is that she can't "easily" be intimate with Lex anymore....especially now that Lana knows and is fully aware of Clark's sacrifice made for her out of love....she can't...before she was tring to move on thinking Clark didn't love her but now...
                  It was more than that. Suddenly, every time we saw her hug or kiss Lex, she looked away with a look of utter disgust. And on "Promise", she acted like she was a prisoner in his house--and that unless she knew Clark's secret, she had to marry Lex. For one thing, Lana seems utterly dependent on having a man--without Clark she went to Lex even though she apparently didn't love him. For another, is it fair to Lex to marry him on rebound from Clark--making Lex her second choice of marriage?

When has Lana "expected" to be "absolved" of her actions?
                  Well, I remember back when Chloe and Lana liked the self-cloner, then found out he was evil. They attempt to apologize, and Clark simply says that es, they shouldn't have trusted this guy and they shouldn't be so judgmental of Clark. They immediately turn on him and accuse him of dishonesty, making it seem like the entire thing was his fault.

Now, both of them have since learned, but Lana still seems not to take responsibilty. No, she has never asked anyone to absolve her of her actions. Because she doesn't admit she did anything wrong! Every word that comes out of her mouth is accusing someone else, usually Clark, for all her problems and theirs. I'm trying to be fair with Lana, but she makes it very hard.

Comment

yes, we all heard that Loinel would kill Clark if she told, but hows HE GONNA KNOW? does he have transmitters on her that tell him everything she says, Lana CAN be sneaky, as we saw....she could pass a note to Chloe...but if she does, Clark should tae it not too badly...LEx...whats with him , and Loinel....who's the real bad guy, we see both these guys semeingly fighting to claim the title of ( Mr. Luthor, king of bad guy ) Lex...Lex... he seems distracted....at least GA is stll getting his attention, but what would you expect, after Lex got more scared in his whole life than ever( when GA pointed arrow at him), but the way he treats lana, he seems blind in love... the ultimate sneak idea would be to spmehow, get Lois in on it, Loinel generally doesn't have much ot do with Lois...except Lois can't know about Clark, well , not hthis adaption.. Lets not stomp on Lana, for if it were anyone else in the position she's in , after years of lies, and havng Isabel take her over in the past, they would have had a nervius breakdown, lets pray CLark doesn't if lana can tell him what's up...Bingo, i got a great idea , next time Clark sees Lana, she should pull him aside( she'll have to get over the Paranioaof him geting killed) and tell him to Watch for Lionel... Lex...what can we say about him?

Or this, Lana tells Lex" your father told me that if i was to talk to Clark, he'd kil him" and keep from mentioning CLark's secret( most important} and sound like that she was depressed because of his father's threats, LEx would think " this has been a quiet marrige, and she's seemingly pullign away because of this, finally i know...wait a sec..."then lex gets really mad and thinks" HE DID WHAT?"and hunts down his father ,becming more suspicious of him" and to think , he was threatening Lana on my marrige, while giving pep talks to me...this is the end of him"... and then the battle of the billionaires, lol...the battle of the Luthors would start. .

Pros to that: Lex might become more good, and go away from the darkside, at least for now:

Cons: if Loinel wins, Clana is doomed.....

unfortunatly, LEx , even if he did, wouldn't become that much good...and Lana , probably isn't smart enough to pull off or even think of one of those ideas, look how long it toook after all these years before she thought up trapping Chloe...to find out about Clark

Comment

TPTB need to keep track of who breaks up with who...In S4 Lana told Clark that he was a jinx and she always got injured around him, and she told him never to see her again. Then, when he doesn't go visit her at the hospital, she whines about how he never came to see her!
                      I don't remember Clark and Lana being together in season 4 What episode in season 4 did Lana inform Clark that he was a "jinx" and to "never see her again"? I also don't remember when Lana complained to Clark of not visiting her in the hospital?

I honestly don't remember any of the above....but then again season 4 wasn't really one of my favorite seasons lol

This time, yes, he broke up with her. Yet she's been acting like she doesn't love him anymore, because he couldn't tell the secret.
                      If you are referring to Lana's actions towards Clark after her break up (Hypnotic)....in my mind she was understandibly angry....after being dumped you tend to get angry with the person that dumps you lol ....especially since it wasn't a mutual break-up....being dumped takes a blow at ones self-esteem/ego...it is not easy to feel rejected....

If she really loved him, wouldn't it have been enough that he said he couldn't tell her?
                      I don't remember Clark ever telling Lana that "he couldn't tell her"??

All that changed when she saw him "save" Chloe was that she knew about his powers. He still was keeping his secret from her, because he thought she didn't know.
                      What also "changed" was Lana overhearing that Clark loved her and that everything he did was out of love, fear, and for her protection....Lana seeing him use his abilities confirmed the "why" of Clark's actions that was made out of "that" love, fear, and her protection....

It was more than that. Suddenly, every time we saw her hug or kiss Lex, she looked away with a look of utter disgust...
                      I found that in the episodes before "Promise" doubts towards Lex had been building....so I saw Lana's actions more of "distrust" of Lex's sincerity rather than outright "disgust"....

without Clark she went to Lex even though she apparently didn't love him. For another, is it fair to Lex to marry him on rebound from Clark--making Lex her second choice of marriage?
                      I think Lana did care and to a certain extent love Lex...she wasn't "in love" with him however....Lana was vulnerable (Clark's word) and Lex provided distraction and comfort during that time....rebound....Now, I can see if Lex didn't know Lana's feelings and Lana led Lex to believe she was in love with him and that being somewhat "unfair" (I say somewhat because this relationship isn't that simple...there are other things going on between this triangle) but Lex knew her state of mind...not only that but Lana was honest with Lex in regards to her feelings for Clark when accepting his marriage proposal....so Lex went into this relationship knowing full well how lana felt...

Well, I remember back when Chloe and Lana liked the self-cloner, then found out he was evil. They attempt to apologize, and Clark simply says that es, they shouldn't have trusted this guy and they shouldn't be so judgmental of Clark. They immediately turn on him and accuse him of dishonesty, making it seem like the entire thing was his fault
                      I think I remember the episode you are referring to....however I don't remember the girls' remarks being as harsh (or meant to be as harsh) as you make it out to be...but I could be wrong...it has been years since I have seen those earlier seasons lol

...No, she has never asked anyone to absolve her of her actions. Because she doesn't admit she did anything wrong! Every word that comes out of her mouth is accusing someone else, usually Clark, for all her problems and theirs.
                      Without specific examples I can't really debate the "wrongs" Lana has done to "others" or of her "accusing Clark/others" for her "problems"....

I'm trying to be fair with Lana, but she makes it very hard.
                      lol I know this is going to sound wierd because it doesn't seem like you really like Lana's character but you are one of the few "fair" posters here when it comes to Lana (well at least in this thread in debating with me) Because you at least state your arguements/opinions about Lana...unlike some that just bash lol
                      Last edited by boingo; 04-07-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

i agree i think she cared for lex maybe loved qualities about him but she knows that he has been lying to her about a lot of things.

she has always wanted honesty and she said in hypnotic to clark that she waited for him to grow up. well the one thing clark was lying about was for her protection. she knows that now and he apparently he is no longer childish instead of hiding his feelings he is giving her the right to make her own choice as he was about to tell her his secret 2 different times in promise alone.

Comment

I don't remember Clark and Lana being together in season 4 What episode in season 4 did Lana inform Clark that he was a "jinx" and to "never see her again"? I also don't remember when Lana complained to Clark of not visiting her in the hospital?
                          Actually, it may have been Season 3. It was when Lana got horse-stomped and met Adam in the hospital.
                          lol I know this is going to sound wierd because it doesn't seem like you really like Lana's character but you are one of the few "fair" posters here when it comes to Lana (well at least in this thread in debating with me) Because you at least state your arguements/opinions about Lana...unlike some that just bash lol
                          Thank you! And you are arguing much more rationally for the Lana side than most. I'm starting to realize that it's impossible to reach any logical conclusion though. In the end, everyone has a preference and (myself included) this will filter everything they see to prove their point. Interesting discussion though.

Comment

Actually, it may have been Season 3. It was when Lana got horse-stomped and met Adam in the hospital.

Thank you! And you are arguing much more rationally for the Lana side than most. I'm starting to realize that it's impossible to reach any logical conclusion though. In the end, everyone has a preference and (myself included) this will filter everything they see to prove their point. Interesting discussion though.
                            Just want to say onething
                            You do know Lana got surgery and right after that Clark came in to see her in the hospital. Remember when Jonathan got the surgery, he started to act weird and also got short tempered and was depressed all the time and thinking about the past, one of the effects that lana got was not thnking straight and she did not think before just blaming clark but the next episode which could have happened a month later, she started talking to him again.

Comment

True. However, how would Clark have known this? It's really hard to tell when someone is acting out of shock or what they really think--especially with Lana. If he had gone to visit her, and she really had meant what she said, it would have only hurt more as she told him a second time to go away.
                              So yes, Lana can be forgiven for speaking irrationally right after surgery. But Clark should be forgiven for being hurt by what she said, even then. Lana either expected him to know that wasn't her talking, or completely forgot she had said that, in which case Clark definately brought it up instead of letting Lana beat him up about not being there.

Comment

I've seen Lana turn her head away from Lex and allow him to kiss her cheek long before she knew Clark's secret. I think Lana doesn't love Lex. I think she's tricked herself into believing she could because she's seen Lex be honest with her a number of times, and it's the one thing she wanted from Clark and didn't get it. By getting it with Lex she has tricked herself into believing that Lex is better for her even though it goes against her gut. I also believe that in being with Lex, she'd have a better chance of learning Clark's secret. In a sense, Lana is out of control, because her actions don't match her desires.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎