Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings For Combat

Post the television ratings here, not how you rate the episode.

I wonder if the crap that is known as "Promise" will have an effect on this week's ratings.

Comment

Combat wasn't aired here in Illinois tonite becuz of Bulls Basketball. It'll special air on Saturday at 7pm. I'm sure this would impact ratings quite a bit which is sad since i know it's going to be an awesome episode.

Comment

The aftermath of Promise, plus being preempted in Chicago (major hit), and this episode being the least promoted (trailer-wise) this season...

Equals less-than-average ratings.

Comment

Oh god, are we really gonna blame Promise for the bad ratings this episode will probably get?!

Ep 17 has gotten the worst ratings for two years in a row, maybe that'll have to do with thiss?

If the ratings are higher than last week I wonder if you'll say the same about Promise being a factor.

Now if this episode and the next ones get awful ratings i'd believe people arent liking what theyre seeing.

Comment

Blaming "Promise?" How pathetic...

Comment

The preemptions in Illinois will have a big impact on this weeks ratings in my opinion because there are probably a lot of viewers in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkyBoy14
                Blaming "Promise?" How pathetic...
                How? Because some ppl found the episode to be total garbage and some ppl would not tune in for the next episode because they thought the previous one a crap and they think it reflects on future episodes?

ETA: I forgot the preemption in Chicago. And I know in Houston they didn't promote the episode that much. I remember they showed most of the smaller trailers late @ night. And today it wasn't promoted nearly as much a Promise was on the day it aired.

Comment

Still the people who hated Promise would have seen the description for this episode and would have tuned in for sure because of the fight scenes.

Comment

I agree. These ratings won't be any higher than last week.

Comment

I think we are goin to have 3rd highest.... or a close 4th.

Edit: 3rd/4th of this season.

Comment

Yeah, I have to say the people blaming Promise if the ratings drop are just as lame as those who claim Clana is the only reason the ratings ever rise. People, listen. There is not one single factor that forces ratings to rise or fall. A bad episode can have some influence, but it has to be seriously bad all around, Promise was an episode that the fans are pretty much split on, not one that is universally hated. What can also have an effect is pre-emptions (mentioned earlier in this thread), advertisement (also mentioned earlier that adverts were weak for this one), time of year, word-of-mouth (no buzz around this epi like there was for Promise), and any number of factors. Bottom line it's time to stop blaming one pet factor for ratings drops (or increases even).

Comment

Actually it has been shown, that the previous episode those affect the followin episodes ratings. Members of the sway viewership, that flip around to see what on, will less likely give Smallville a chance today, if they didn t like last weeks ep. Im not blaming Promise, I merely saying the previous episode, does tend to affect the next episodes ratings.

Comment

Take Arrow for example, it's definitely one of the best episodes of the season with a very tight script, and still it suffered because last week's was Wither.

Comment

Originally posted by lillie_poo_pod
                              I wonder if the crap that is known as "Promise" will have an effect on this week's ratings.
                              You can call Promise crap if you want but I like it better than last nights "Cheez fest". Promise had great acting and the direction was awesome. Ashley couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. And the story was rushed way to much last night. I guess it takes a little maturity to understand the magnetude of last weeks episode.
                              Last edited by trying2b; 03-23-2007, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎