Quotes from Promise (Spoiler Warning)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe: I know you would rather go against a bolder of kryptonite then be at Ground Zero for the lex and lana wedding.

Comment

Chloe's whole dialogue in the wine cellar. She always gets the best Superman references.

Comment

Chloe: ...naked male Jello wrestling at 5...

It was funny because Lana didn't even notice.

Comment

MB to Lex: "She's made a desperate man out of you Lex."
          Amen to that!

Comment

"naked male jell-o wrestling" wins the thread

Comment

Lex: Do you stay up all night and practice this stuff?

(Funnily enough, I could imagine both Lex and Lionel staying up all night, practicing verbal jousting and looking up obscure quotes)

Comment

Originally posted by last man of krypton
                Lex: Do you stay up all night and practice this stuff?

(Funnily enough, I could imagine both Lex and Lionel staying up all night, practicing verbal jousting and looking up obscure quotes)
                My favorite quote in the entire episode.

Comment

mine is a scene too.
                  when clark had to break the door and then use his heat vision to put it back together and the expression on Lana's face!!!

Comment

Clark: "Giving up Lana was the hardest thing ive ever had to do, if you don't know that, then you don't know me at all"

i loved it and then you see Lana's reaction....da best...

o Yea when Lana crys after she says I DO you know she's crying because of Clark....

Comment

Lionel: "How could you be so stupid? A grown man on his wedding day and you need me to come to the rescue again - you are PATHETIC!"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tomsgurl88
                        [B]Chloe-"Holy Don Perieon!"

actually it's "Dom Perignon"...it's french...but ye, that line was jokes

i thought lionel's line about him having to save lex had double meaning i.e. it was meant as dramatic irony in that we should have figured it meant what he did about lana as much as what lex thought it meant about the doc

Comment

Favorite Promise Quotes

1) Clark and Chloe

Clark (answering his cell-phone): Shouldn't you be at the Luthor mansion arranging flowers?

Chloe: Well, that's just it. I am at the Luthor mansion. I just need your help.

Clark: Where are you?

Chloe: Downstairs in the wine cellar.

(Whoosh). Clark comes to Chloe's rescue.

Clark: Chloe?

Chloe: Clark? Please hurry. I'm freezing in here.

Clark: The handle broke, Chloe. Hold on. (Clark opens the wine cellar door with his super-strength).

Chloe: Thank you so much.

Clark: If you want a bottle of wine at 11:00 in the morning, go for a red.

Chloe: I am so sorry. Lana hid Lex's wedding gift down here, and she asked me to go get it, and then the door shut.

Clark: I better go.

Chloe: That's it? You filled your damsel-in-distress quota for the day, and you're gonna just walk away?

Clark: What am I supposed to do?

Chloe: I just thought that you would sweep in and save the day, but you're not gonna do that, are you?

Clark: If Lana didn't want to marry Lex, she wouldn't.

Chloe: Lana's not my hero, Clark -- you are. And this whole idea that you're still hiding who you really are; and that you didn't tell Lana who you really are -- you're still giving up the one person who you totally love --

Clark: I'm protecting her.

Chloe: Good job. Lana's marrying a monster, and trapping herself into a loveless life.

Clark: Oh, you think this is easy for me?

Chloe: I think it's easier than getting hurt. You don't hesitate to run into a burning building or jump in front of a bullet, because nothing can penetrate into that iron flesh of yours. But the one time saving Lana is putting your heart on the line, the Man of Steel is nowhere to be found.

Clark: Letting Lana go is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, Chloe. If you don't know that, then you don't know me as well as I thought you did. (Whooosh).

2) Clark (to Lana): "I can't let you do this, Lana." (from the director's cut).
                          "I can't let you go through with this... not until you know everything.

Lana (to Clark): It's okay. You don't have to explain.

Clark: I owe it to you.

Lana: No, you don't owe me anything, Clark. I'm the one who's in denial. I thought the love I have for Lex would be enough. But I can't just keep turning my back on the truth.

Clark: What are you saying?

Lana: "I'm not going to marry Lex. I don't have time to explain right now. I'll meet you at the barn at 5:00. You have to go. I'll be there -- I promise. (Lana and Clark kiss). Go!"

3) Lionel Luthor and Lana Lang

Lionel: Miss Lang, shouldn't you be leaving for the church? What's this? (A note to Lex. It says: "Lex, I'm so sorry, I can't go through with this"). This will destroy Lex.

Lana: Mr. Luthor, I'm sorry, but this is none of your business.

Lionel: Well, I'm making it my business. I can't let you call off the wedding.

Lana: Things have changed, and it wouldn't be fair to Lex to pretend like they haven't.

Lionel: You know Clark's secret, don't you? I've been watching you since you started seeing my son, and you've been getting closer and closer to finding out the shocking truth about Clark Kent. What a surprise it must have been to realize that Clark Kent has kept up the deception for so long right under your nose.

Lana: He was trying to protect me. And he's not gonna let you threaten me now.

Lionel: You think Clark's invincible. It's not so. Like every hero, he has an "Achilles' Heel." A weakness. I know what it is and I know that it could kill him.

Lana: No, you could never hurt him.

Lionel: Would you bet...Clark's life on that? I give you my word, Miss Lang, if you don't honor the promise that you've made to my son or I find out that you told anyone about this conversation, I will kill Clark Kent.

4) Clark (to Lana): Lana, is this because of my secret? Lana, I'll tell you. I'm not like everyone else.
                          Last edited by tibbit78; 03-21-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Clark : Why did you get back together?
                            Martha: Because...I couldn't stop thinking about him.
                            Clark: What if I take that risk and Lana really is happy with Lex?
                            Martha: All I can tell you Clark is that if I hadn't had taken that chance, I would have lost everything that's ever meant something to me.

Comment

Clark: "Giving up Lana was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my Life, if you don't know that you don't know me very well"

so heartbreaking.......

Comment

Clark : I'm not like everyone else...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍