No announcement yet.

Sylar sinking his teeth in

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylar sinking his teeth in

Was it a inside joke of the writers, or a clue about what Sylar is doing with the brains of his victims. He specifically asked Mohinder for the list so he could sink his teeth into. Sylar might be a Hannibal Lector after all.

I'm still trying to understand how sylar, after seeing how the powers work, changes himself.

Comment

he's not a brain eater as many keep theorizing. On one of the commentaries, I forget which one, a couple of the writers I think confirmed he doesn't eat the brains. I'm sure he just opens up their head to look at the brain and understand how the ability works, and then somehow, configures it the same way in his own brain.

Comment

I think Sylar is an empath like Peter. He's just got a homicidal compulsion that goes with it and only after looking at the brain is he able to use the power. I think it's a block. But he likes it.

Sort of how Peter couldn't control his powers at first and how Nikki couldn't access her power unless Jessica came out.

Comment

Sylar isn't an empath. Empathic abillities rely on feelings and emotions and everything intangible.

Sylar however was a watch/clock repair person. he opens up watches to see all the gears and clockwork. He sees it, understands it, and can imitate it. Thus, Peter and Sylar are polar opposites, not only as protagonist and antagonist, but in their special abilities as well. The empath vs. the analyst
          Last edited by Sharingan; 03-09-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFan85
            he's not a brain eater as many keep theorizing. On one of the commentaries, I forget which one, a couple of the writers I think confirmed he doesn't eat the brains.
            That's interesting, however in an interview with Heroes writer Bryan Fuller he claimed Sylar does in fact digest the brain

Comment

I am not sure how he makes it work, but quite frankly I am very interested in finding out, I think it will be awesome, I think eating brains is kind of lame actually. It seems not only does Sylar have the ability to see how things work, he can also adapt to his surroundings, like the work of evolution, but at a very very quick pace. For instance when Sylar was locked up in his Cell HRG said he would be unable to use his powers in that room, yet he was suddenly able to do so when Eden came in. On another note, at the end of Homecoming Eden is able to use her power to put Sylar to sleep. But later in this same scenario Eden used her power and it didn't work on him, so he learned to adapt and block the effect of the power.

When Mohinder had Sylar tied up with the IV in his arm that causes him to lose control of his brain, and thus, unable to use his powers, it was only a matter of time for Sylar to adapt to the medicine in his system enough so he could turn the IV off with his Telekinesis.

On the other note, he is definately not Empathic like Peter. Look at it this way. The only way Sylar can get a power is if he kills his victim and does whatever he does to obtain their power, whereas I am pretty convinced that Peter can only use someone's power if they are alive, where they can be empathically linked. Which brings me to another point, I think in the future Peter will be able to use his link to give other people powers as well, for instance Simone's father said he dreamed he and Peter flew around, unless her father has his own power, I think in a way the bond he had with Peter gave him a glimpse into Peter's dream power, which might possible be the result of a link with someone else, perhaps his mother has this power as well.

If this is all true, then I think one day it will be possible for Peter to connect to people empathically that he has never met before. Like the whole Six degrees of Separation thing, everybody is linked together through six people, so if he is powerful enough, theoretically he might be able to connect to people he hasn't met yet. That is pure speculation though I think.

But in conclusion Peter needs people to be alive to use their power, whereas Sylar needs people to be dead, hence why they are opposites. Sorry for the long post, I got carried away. It is just my opinion though.

Comment

Good post, I agree with your ideas. Can't wait until April 23 though.

Comment

Sylar just doesn't get enough In & Out double doubles.. I think dude would lay off the brains if he sank his teeth into whats really good.

Comment

Personally I would like to see it where he stores the brains for further study. The brains are always gone so he doesnt just look at them . Maybe he can only keep the DNA changes for so long and thats why he would need to keep the brains around.

Comment

I forget what episode it was, but when Eden and Mohinder found Sylar's apartment didn't they find the room with the maps, and I believe that there was jars with brains in them. I could be wrong but does anyone know about this? Also when they came back to the apartment with the police it was empty. I think that Eden told Hrg about it, and he cleaned the place out.

Comment

I didnt see any brains anywhere. There was a medical book left open to the autopsy of brain, but I think stored brains wouldve stuck out like a sore thumb.

Comment

It's just a saying

And you're thinking too muchh about it

It was just so good when he said it

Comment

Maybe they just throw lines out like that to keep all the debates going. Or just to screw with all of our heads.

Comment

I really think that "sinking his teeth in" is a figurative phrase in this instance, although a rather convenient one considering all the speculation about brain eating.

I would like to know exactly how he 'fixes' himself to gain all the powers. Maybe the first time he actually had to perform surgery on himself to gain the TK ability, but for all the subsequent powers gained he just culd have used the TK to rewire his brain.

Non invasive brain surgery, now there is a concept. Put that TK to good use.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎