Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 3.14 - Mars, Bars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I smell bread" might be a reference to a MASH episode.

apparently a bit of a religious message...

Comment

Originally posted by Ireallylikethisshow
      Lol. He did. Cause he was molested as a child. But, I think in the finale. They sleep together after a party. And Veronica leaves a message for Mac and then Beaver gets it instead.

I just have good memory, and saw it recentlty. Lol. It's not the biggest detail.
      I thought the implication was that after Beaver intercepted the message from Veronica, he raped and/or otherwise sexually assualted Mac at gunpoint because he couldn't "perform" under normal circumstances. Hence she was cowering in the corner completely naked when Veronica finds her. That also explains her "Ask me about my STD" Tshirt and why she was kinda being weird about starting a relationship with that new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chlark Kent
        I thought the implication was that after Beaver intercepted the message from Veronica, he raped and/or otherwise sexually assualted Mac at gunpoint because he couldn't "perform" under normal circumstances. Hence she was cowering in the corner completely naked when Veronica finds her. That also explains her "Ask me about my STD" Tshirt and why she was kinda being weird about starting a relationship with that new guy.
        I thought that while she was in the shower he took all her clothes (and anything she could have used to cover herself) and put them where she couldn't get to them, then he went to confront Veronica (leaving Mac intact to wonder why she was abandoned in the room). I also figured that her 'frozen from the waist down' condition was a result of her wanting to have sex with someone who she later found out was a diabolical murderer. I mean, in that position, I doubt that I'd want to get all groin-y with anyone anytime soon.

Comment

Ratings were apparently horrid for this episode, a 1/2.0

*heavy sigh*

I can't believe no one is watching this absolutely EXCELLENT show.

Our only hope for season 4, I think, is that the CW keeps the show alive as proof that they can (and do) produce QUALITY programming...ie it's like a loss leader, it helps legitimize the fledgling network, even if it is a money loser.

Comment

Really? We were doing so good before the hiatus... we had a series huge for the rape-mystery arc-ender.

A lot of numbers dropped though, due to American Idol.

Comment

This episode was amazing, although I was terribly saddened when our dear, beloved, jerk sheriff died. I was totally blindsided. Although, it does point to hope of a season 4, in my opinion at least. As someone else mentioned, Veronica did so many investigations because of the corrupt, and relatively useless sheriff's department. She investigated her rape, Lily's murder, the Dean's suicide, the bus crash, along with countless other mysteries because of the lack of ability of Lamb to solve anything correctly. RT said that season 4 would not have a season long mystery, so in order for there to be no season long mystery for Veronica to solve, there has to be a police department that is capable, and actually solves the crimes. So I guess Lamb's death really had a silver lining...

Comment

I smell a potential jump of the proverbial shark.
                Really?

I had exactly the opposite reaction - what a great creative move. It keeps the audience guessing - no one is safe (except maybe Veronica).

One of the key tennets of noir is that death is often sudden and pointless - and that definitely was the case with Lamb. There was no great tear-jerking death scene - just a baseball bat and a phone call.

"Jumping the shark" (based on a ridiculous "Hapy Days" episode) is supposed to refer to the moment when a show does something way out of character for what the show is about.

Keith Mars wanting to regain his job as Sheriff has been a key component of his character since Season 1 - Epsiode 1. It hardly came out of the blue. We even saw Keith parading around in his uniform a few episodes back.

And until you see where the writers take this plot development it hardly equals Fonzie doing an "Evil Knievel" 10 years before there ever was a Kneivel over a tank of sharks (which never seemed very plentiful in Wisconsin when I lived there) in a show that was supposed to be about Richie Cunningham and the typical wacky 1950's things that happened to him and his friends.

Right now Keith is acting Sheriff because he has the experience. My guess is that if the show somehow manages to make a Season 4 (big if), they will find some way to restore the status quo. Yes, noir detectives need to be surrounded by idiot police.

As to "bye-bye to Veronica's illegal activities' - doubtful. She's never been 100% upfront with her dad about what she does. I don't think she's going to start now.

Finally, I highly doubt the Lamb killing was about pissing off the fans. That would be stupid. And RT made Muney a regular this season. My guess is that MM got other work that interested him more or provided a better career opportunity and asked to go. RT & staff simply came up with a brilliant way to accomodate his desires.

Comment

Well really in a recent interview..can't remember a link right now..but..Michael Mundey(sp)..was kinda surprised that he was written out like that..they don't get ot see scripts in advance or anything...but he does have other things in the works..some more shows..

I think that Veronica Mars has yet to "jump the shark" I mean really fans get irked because something happens that they don't particularly like..LoVe ending..Lamb dying..shorter mystery arc..PiVe..for whatever reason..It's still the same show...go write/read fanfic if you want something different!

When will we know if the show is getting picked up again for another season?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathcabin
                    When will we know if the show is getting picked up again for another season?
                    It can range from April to May.

Comment

About Parkers hair; it's been months since she was raped after all. Actually half a year and more. Without having knowlegde about girls hair, surely it must have grown out again in such time?

Comment

Human hair grows at a fairly steady rate... about half an inch per month.

Comment

Yeah, so I doubt that it grew back THAT fast. But she could still be "wearing" a wing. I mean ever after she was shaved they let her use her own hair.

Comment

Her own hair could have grown some, and she could have gotten extensions. Itchy, Itchy, extensions.....

Comment

I was thinking that, but if I understand extensions correctly, it's strips of hair glued to one's scalp and hidden by one's own hair... her own 3" long hair would have to be showing... I could excuse her hair as extensions IF she had some kind of layered style.

Comment

Are there some behind the scenes reasons for Lamb's exit that we don't know about? Did Michael Muhney want out of the show for some reason? God bless him by the way. The show certainly wouldn't have been the same without him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎