No announcement yet.

Episode 3.14 - Mars, Bars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ireallylikethisshow

And Mac slept with Cassidy "Bever" Casablancas.
    really? are you sure? I thought that Beaver had some "problem" and couldnt or something

Comment

Originally posted by ILuvLoVe
      really? are you sure? I thought that Beaver had some "problem" and couldnt or something
      Lol. He did. Cause he was molested as a child. But, I think in the finale. They sleep together after a party. And Veronica leaves a message for Mac and then Beaver gets it instead.

I just have good memory, and saw it recentlty. Lol. It's not the biggest detail.

Comment

No they were going to sleep together, but they couldn't because he was all screwed up knowing Woody was on his way back to stand trial for molesting kids. Mac told him after showing some scene where it looked like things were happening that it was ok, they had all night, made it sound like they had been moving toward sex but couldn't because he couldn't quite get it ready.

Comment

I can't believe Lamb is dead!! That sucks!!!

Comment

Wow. That was the second best episode of the season, IMO. We got really far with a lot of storylines. And they killed the nummy Lamb.

Comment

WTF?! I can't believe the Lamb is no more... I smell a potential jump of the proverbial shark. So I guess RT is either deliberately attempting to piss off the fans, I remember him threatening to kill Lamb off before because the fans were annoying him about making Michael a regular, or Lambs death was actually a smart and creative plot point?? I'm sensing the former, if this was done purely to make Keith sheriff then the whole noir stuff is totally out the window. Even if this was the case, what a waste - Lamb had soo much potential as a character and his being thrown out of office could have been handled better e.g. like he could have gotten himself fired for being corrupt/blackmail/lazy etc?.

back to the noir aspect: the only reason Veronica felt compelled to investigate Lilys murder (among other things) was because she had no faith in the law; with Keith back incharge there's little motivation there... aside from her inherent nosiness. This show is supposed to be about oucasted anti-heroes working against the corrupt environment in order to do good. Instead we're getting pointless deaths and soapy drama!

We can also kiss goodbye to the illegal activities Veronica usually gets away with. So yeah didn't much care for this episode. To be honest I hope this decision to kill Lamb is the defining action that spells the shows end... there's no coming back from this. Too much is going to change in terms of tone, and not in a positive way. Bye bye corrupt Neptune and Mars Investigations it was fun while it lasted.

But this be the last straw.
              I am so done with this show once it finishes up this year. I had hopes of it improving after Postgame Mortem... but this happens? A pointless death in regard to the story. Man I hope this show gets cancelled. It really is a shell of it's former self.

Last edited by DeeperWell; 02-21-2007, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeperWell
                WTF?! I can't believe the Lamb is no more... I smell a potential jump of the proverbial shark. So I guess RT is either deliberately attempting to piss off the fans, I remember him threatening to kill Lamb off before because the fans were annoying him about making Michael a regular, or Lambs death was actually a smart and creative plot point?? I'm sensing the former, if this was done purely to make Keith sheriff then the whole noir stuff is totally out the window. Even if this was the case, what a waste - Lamb had soo much potential as a character and his being thrown out of office could have been handled better e.g. like he could have gotten himself fired for being corrupt/blackmail/lazy etc?.

I thought the way Lam went out was great. Let's face it, he's dead because he's a dumbass. If he hadn't gone in alone, all cowboy, or had swept the room better, or (and this is the biggie) if he hadn't shot his own reflection in the mirror, like an idiot, and given away his position, he would still be alive. Having him die because he's incompetent was completely within character.

[Originally posted by Deeper Well
                But this be the last straw.
                I am so done with this show once it finishes up this year. I had hopes of it improving after Postgame Mortem... but this happens? A pointless death in regard to the story. Man I hope this show gets cancelled. It really is a shell of it's former self.

Wow. Someone is feeling a little bitter today. You need some snickerdoodles. I think it is a little early to be calling Lamb's death pointless. I, for one, certainly do NOT wish that the show would be canceled. I never miss VM, and have a tendency to have withdrawl symptoms during their hiatus. Long Live Veronica Mars!!!!!
                Last edited by Comic Geek; 02-21-2007, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Great episode! More of the focus switched towards the mystery always do VM good, and this was no exception. Lots of action, new clues, and an unexpected death. Sad that Lamb is gone, but really his character was underused this season, and I had a feeling he would get killed before it happend.

And Mac got some! Yay! The Logan - Parker is an interesting pairing, that I think could work well (at least on a short-term basis), but surely Parker regards Veronica as a friend, and wouldnt go that direction. Or?

Regarding Mac's past sexual experiences, I agree with what was written before. It was clearly intended that Beav and Mac got close to having sex, but that he couldnt preform due to his childhood experiences.

Comment

Re: Lam's death

I have two theories for why they killed Michael Muhney off the show.

1. They already know that the show will not be returning for a 4th year, so they are wrapping things up for that unrealistic happy ending, where everything ends positively for the characters.

2. Perhaps Michael Muhney has chosen to leave the show. In 2006 he worked on two movies, one which he wrote and associate produced, as well as acted in. So perhaps he did not want to do the show anymore to work on other things. So before you get so upset that they killed him off, maybe he asked to leave the show, and that is how they choose to get rid of him.

Re: Logan and Parker

I think Parker is much more suited for Logan then Veronica. I have never been a big fan of the Logan-Veronica item. Since season one I have not liked the two as a couple. I don't care if people like to say he has changed. But the way he was to her in the beginning, she should of never dated him.

I think it's time for Veronica to find someone new. Not someone she is already friends with (I am including Piz in this group), a NEW character brought into the show, who she can develop a relationship with.

I was glad when they got rid of Duncan, he was boring, but Logan was never right for Veronica either. Time to find someone new! I hope that they make the Logan-Parker relationship a long lasting one.

Comment

Why'd they have to kill him off? They made him a regular and he wasn't in this season much at all! Now he's gone! Urgh this is soo sucky! Lamb was the best character! Now who are Veronica and Keith going to have smart ass run ins with? WAAAAAAAAA

Oh btw isn't Parkers hair supposed to be a wig, it magically stayed on perfectly while she went swimming...

Comment

I'm kinda sad Lamb died, he was a bastard, but he was also pretty funny

I just couldn't stop laughing that his last words were "I smell bread"

...so this is what it will feel like when Lionel gets killed off in Smallville

Comment

Originally posted by Marcey
                          Oh btw isn't Parkers hair supposed to be a wig, it magically stayed on perfectly while she went swimming...
                          I was thinking that same thing myself.

As far as Logan & Veronica go, I thought for sure that Logan would try to talk to Veronica about his indiscretion and her reaction to it while she was a 'captive audience'. I was quite surprised that he didn't. I thought it was petty of him to photograph her in the cell, especially after his 'we're both adults' comment. I do get the sense that Veronica won't be able to get past the circumstances under which their relationship ended for a very long time, and every time she sees him with a female it's going to dig in and hurt her.

On one hand, I kind of hope that Parker won't have a romance with Logan because of her friendship with Veronica. On the other hand, I'm so frakkin' tired of the on-again/off-again LoVe thing. Logan is being under-utilized as a character as long as he's just V's boyfriend.

In S1 he was interesting because he was in states of change. In S2 we saw how despicable he could be, but we also saw some vulnerability. He is capable of deep love, but unless the episode is about his problems, he doesn't add much.

I really would hate to see this series end. While not a fan of Lamb, I was shocked to see him go.

Maybe Keith is only filling in because he's held the job before. I dunno. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for a 4th season.

Comment

Its not too farfetched.

The Piz and Parker duo was brought in to seperate love into different paths.

I miss Piz lately. Where's he been?

Comment

I thought it was a good move. This shows that Rob doesn't play it safe. And I love that. I hate when show creators are afraid to make big moves because of fear that certain fans will be pissed off. I also think it was necessary for Keith. He needed some developement.

Comment

The funny thing is, this would have been smallvilles hundreth episode.

"Someone on the opening credits will bite the dust"

So yeah, we've seen how many opening credit dwellers bite the dust on VM?

And for those who complain about the premise of the show changing because of Keith being sheriff, take a look.

How much of the pilot resembles mars, bars?

not in high school, not solving a giant season long murdur, the cast has almost been refreshed completely, new relationships.

Yeah, its nessesary to keep the show fresh and alive, but RT is a genius and makes it work.

Will the phrase, "I smell bread" bear any significant meaning?
                                I feel like every VM character is like a star wars character, they all have a purpose.

Does this mean that Veronica will be running Mars Investigations?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎