Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not all meteor freaks are bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe has reason to be stressed out over it. Enough people do lose it or die, but I don't think she would. There are definitely examples of people who don't use thier powers for evil.

Comment

One thing is to be supportive and understanding with meteor freaks and other is to be a meteor freak yourself.
      Maybe Chloe panicked because she didn't know what was going to happen to her nor what kind of powers she was going to develop (if any).

I know most meteor freaks were shown to be crazy and/or killers. But not all of them were like that. What about the guy from Hug? The one with the persuasion power. He lived in isolation just so he wouldn't hurt anyone.
      I think it really depends on the person, but I got to admit it was kind of a shocker to hear Chloe say that. One would think she knew better...

Comment

Kyle Tippet became a hermit so he wouldn't have to interact with other people and be tempted yet he's alive as far as we know. There was the guy Chloe thought had stretching ability who worked on her car and was benign until Van McNuklty killed him. And there was Jeremy from the pilot who was angry and hurting people but was apparently made normal after his encounter with Clark when he saved everyone at the dance. Not all are evil and Chloe, if she does have abilities, is proof of that. There may be lots of people who were affected but chose to hide for obvious reasons.

Comment

Exactly.
          Another good example is that kid from Hereafter, Jordan Cross. The kid had the power of premonition. Yet, he didn't go crazy nor killed anyone. Quite the contrary, he helped save that gym professor and Lana and her friend from a fire.

Comment

I think that this is just another way to exploit Chloe’s mortal fear of becoming like her mother and ending up in a mental institution.

Oh and by the way, the kid was not a meteor freak. He had a tumor in his brain that caused him to have the power of premonition.
            Last edited by smallvilletbr; 03-08-2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Jordan Cross? No, he was a meteor freak. The tumor kid was Ryan James.

Comment

I didnt see many people metion Ryan from "stray"and "ryan'' on here. he was good. that little girl that could shatter glass was good too. i think chloe just meant that they always hurt the ones they care about or themselves.

ryan was a meteor freak. he developed a tumor due to the pressure his power caused on his brain and the testing done on him at belle reeve.

Comment

Originally posted by ignitesmyveins
                  I didnt see many people metion Ryan from "stray"and "ryan'' on here. he was good.
                  I mentioned him in the post just above yours.

Originally posted by ignitesmyveins
                  ryan was a meteor freak. he developed a tumor due to the pressure his power caused on his brain and the testing done on him at belle reeve.
                  They never state in the show that Ryan is a meteor freak; and I could've sworn his powers were caused by the tumor, not the other way around, but I don't think that was explicitly stated either, I guess.

I think I may break out my season 2 DVDs and see for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Studboy
                    They never state in the show that Ryan is a meteor freak; and I could've sworn his powers were caused by the tumor, not the other way around, but I don't think that was explicitly stated either, I guess.
                    It was never stated that Ryan's powers were meteor related. Quite the opposite, as in Ryan it was strongly implied, although not explicity mentioned, that Ryan's abilities were related to his tumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
                      It was never stated that Ryan's powers were meteor related. Quite the opposite, as in Ryan it was strongly implied, although not explicity mentioned, that Ryan's abilities were related to his tumor.
                      Must be like that guy in Phenomenon, forgot his name but he was played by John Travolta.

Comment

Originally posted by seacrystal
                        Must be like that guy in Phenomenon, forgot his name but he was played by John Travolta.
                        Right. Yes, same idea as Phenomenon. Like "Battlefield Earth", Phenomenon is just Scientologist propaganda in my eyes.

John Travolta. What a weirdo. Met him in Vancouver at the Cactus Club a long time ago and he seemed weirder in person. I introduced him to my invisible leprechaun friend and he didn't even have the courtesy to shake his hand. Like I said, weird.

Comment

Re: Re: The guy who thought he was from K

Originally posted by seacrystal
                          Ahem.

Originally posted by 347Studboy
                          Was it ever proved that Ryan was a meteor freak? I thought his powers were an unforseen benefit of the brain tumor or whatever that was killing him, like in the movie "Phenomenon".
                          So yeah. I guess we all agree.

Comment

Meteor rocks don't evil people... terrible parents (like leeche's and Alicia's) evil people.

Comment

No, you don't just become evil or psychotic, simply because you've got powers. It's far more complex then that. Chloe said that almost all meteor freaks she's encountered are either locked up in Belle Reve or dead. Well, of course they're locked up in a mental hospital. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, if you go around claiming to have super powers, people will think you're crazy and lock you up. Just look at the patient files Chloe reads in the episode "Kara", one of them was on a young woman who claimed she had powers, but were unable to prove it (for some reason). I mean, honestly, I watched Highlander a few days ago and in one scene Christopher Lambert tells Roxanne Hart that he's been alive for over four centuries (b. 1518) and cannot die, which is then followed by him stabbing himself in the belly, which then heals itself, showing that he's telling the truth. I think that example summons up my point pretty good; You can go around telling people that you're immortal, but they'll just think that you're crazy. So, the only way for you to prove you're telling the truth is to put youself in a situation, where you should have died. This would then make you a danger to yourself, which would result in you being taken to a mental hospital.
                              Also, Clark and Chloe doesn't really see the big (psychological) picture;
                              Eric Summers was bullied at school and seems to have been beaten by his father his whole life (planing to kill himself in the opening of "Leech"), then when he got Clark's powers, he started to get back at them who had hurt him. And when his parents turn against him, he becomes violent. Then Clark takes back his powers, which is then followed by Eric being taken to a hospital, where he keeps talking about the powers he's had, which then results in people thinking he's crazy and Eric's then locked up at Belle Reve. There are several other cases like this.
                              I watched "Plastique" yesterday and Bette didn't really strike me as a villain in that episode, but she was to Lois & Clark. First off, she was 15, she had been locked up at Black Creek when she was 12 and then been subjected to experiments (and possibly some form of torture) for three years. I'm not sure whatever happened to her parents, if they'd abandoned her after she got powers or if Luthorcorp simply broke into their house in the middle of the night, drugged them and dragged bette to Montana, either way something horrible happened. And her basic moivation seemed to be to protect herself, due to her experiances at Black Creek, she was willing to go to any length to protect herself and her secret, even as far as killing another person.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎