This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Fragile Quotes

Favorite Fragile quotes

1) Clark: Maddie, what are you drawing? You're quite the artist, aren't you? You know, I'm an artist, too. You don't believe me. (Clark sighs) Alright, I'll just have to prove it to you then. Now prepare yourself, because this is going to be a self-portrait, and you might not be able to tell the difference between this and an actual photograph.
    (Clark shows Maddie a picture he drew. Maddie smiles. Clark smiles back).

2) Clark (to Maddie): Looks like Shelby likes you. Animals are great, aren't they? They listen to you, and don't say mean things back. Look, I may not be as furry as Shelby, or wag my tail or even bark, but I promise, I'll never say mean things to you.
    Maddie, we're going to find you a good family.

Maddie: People don't like me.

Clark: Well, those people are crazy. I like you.

3) Clark: Maddie, hey what just happened out there? Did you break all those lightbulbs? You see, Maddie, I understand. You have powers---abilities that normal people can't even dream of. It's okay, you can trust me. You can tell me the truth.

Maddie: Ever since I was little, I could break glass. And when I get upset, I can't control it.

Clark: Were you upset with Naomi?

Maddie: You think I killed her?

Clark: Maddie, you have the power to break glass. And the way that she died...

Maddie: I didn't do it. Clark, I wasn't in the same room, and I can't do anything through walls. I loved Naomi, I wouldn't hurt her.

4) Maddie (to Lois): Where's Shelby?

Lois: I have no idea. I'm allergic to him, and let's just say, he is not too fond of me. Look, we're going to have a good old time. We can pick flowers, catch bugs--- whatever floats your boat.

5) Lex: Chloe.

Chloe (to Lex): I know your moral compass has a tendency to veer off course, but taking advantage of Lana when she's at her most vulnerable? It's despicable.

Lex (scoffs): I think your reporter's eye is getting a little cloudy. You're starting to see things that aren't there.

Chloe: I don't have to work for the DWP to know that there's enough electricity in that room to light up the entire state of Kansas.

Lex (scoffs again): It is interesting how perceptive you are about the affairs of the heart considering you've never been in a serious relationship.

Chloe: Do you really think that Lana would be remotely interested in you if she wasn't swept up in her own emotional tornado? I mean, honestly.

Lex: I appreciate you looking out for your friend. I'd do the same, but your concern is unwarranted. We're friends --- nothing more.

Chloe: Lex, I know you're used to getting anything you want without thinking about the consequences, but I promise you, if you hurt my friend, there will be a consequence. And you're looking at her.

Lex: Chloe. I think I'm getting an inkling why you've never had a boyfriend. (Lex smiles)

6) Maddie: Clark, have you ever met your real Dad?

Clark: Sort of.

Maddie: Is he bad like mine?

Clark: Maybe worse. Just because he gave me life it doesn't mean I am anything like him. The thing is Maddie, anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad. I wish you could have met the man who raised me. He was my real Dad. He would have liked you a lot.

Maddie: Clark, could I stay here with you?

Clark: Maddie, you have a grandmother. She's very excited for you to come live with her.

Maddie: I don't know her. I know you.

Clark: Well Maddie, you're going to have to give it time to get to know her. Maddie, listen. I would never let you go with someone who's not going to accept you for who you really are, okay? I promise. You're going to be okay. I'll make sure, okay?

7) Maddie: Don't worry, Clark. I won't let him (her Dad) hurt any more people.

Clark: Maddie, no! Maddie if you kill your father, you'll be just like him. You don't have to turn into your father.

Maddie: Maybe I don't have a choice.

Clark: Just because you're his child it doesn't mean that you're destined to follow in his footsteps.

Maddie: But I don't want him to hurt any more people.

Clark: Maddie, your father's already destroyed his life, don't destroy yours. You have too much to offer this world.

Maddie: I'm sorry, Clark.

8) Clark: Go ahead, Maddie. There's nothing to be scared about.

Maddie: Yes there is. You won't be with me. I'll have no one to talk to.

Clark: That's not true. Maddie, your grandmother can't wait to talk to you. She wants to hear every word you have to say.

Maddie: What about my powers? What if I can't control them?

Clark: But you can, Maddie. I've seen you. Just like you did in the barn, remember? I'll tell you what, if ever you feel like you're going to lose control, all you have to do is pick up the phone. You call me. I'll be there to talk you through it, okay?

Maddie: I already miss you Clark. (They both hug each other).

Clark: I miss you, too. Your grandmother's waiting for you. She's going to take good care of you.

Maddie: I almost forgot.

Maddie hands Clark a picture she drew. Clark's house, family and their dog, Shelby.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎