Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nospam
    Clark: [gripping tightly onto Lana's arm] Lana, you're coming with me!

Lana: This is a bus stop, Clark!

Clark: Yeah, well...we're taking the bus.

Lana: Clark, can't we talk about this. What is wrong?

Clark: We can't talk here, the audience isn't watching. Just wait until I get you to the barn.

Lana: So...we're just going to take the bus in silence?

Clark: Yep. Here's the bus. Ah, I don't have any change. Can I borrow a dollar?
    Funny

Comment

You're right about how nobody else was infected by Red-K...maybe it's because the High-School people WORE them....instead of shoving them down the throats of others.

Comment

I also wondered how Clark managed to get the CD Lois made for him when he showed up at the Planet. The last scene we see Clark in, he give Lois the CD and asks her to go play it--while he superspeeds out of there. Next time we see him, he hands Chloe the same CD.

I second Canon's question about Lana managing to get the tool? That's a Lex trick, but I seriously doubt Lex would go and retrieve it for her!

Comment

I also wonder how they got back to the barn. I would think that since he already showed Lois is powers, that they supersped to the barn, thus he would have to superspeed back. If that is the case, then Lex must have really fast car to get to the barn so soon after they did.

Comment

Clark:you don't even know anyone at your own engagement party!
            Yeah, like where was Nell, who so graciously got to get hemoroids by sitting in a plane to get the ungrateful b.... at gown.

Where was Henry Small?

doesn't she talk to anyone? no friends at school? or are they now socially below her.

Oh, and why did the chisel bend? Lex's wrist should have bent/broken before the chisel bent.(or the chisel bounced off Clark) Lex boxes (or he did 2 seasons ago, BLL) but that does not make him strong enough to bend a chisel into clark.

When did Lana get the Chisel-it was lying on the barn floor-when she left with Lex and Lex does not let her out of his sight. And it will be found in her drawer, like his character took out the security camera and doesn't have people search through things. He doesn't trust anyone. Not even her-she did say she still loved clark.

And, why didn't Clark hurt Lex alot more in the fight? No thought on Lex that clark throw him across the room, through, what, a wall. and started choking him? shouldn't that have broken Lex's neck or does Red K weaken Clark (I know, it's just a show-but being consistent would be nice-I heard shows had 'BIBLES' about each character to maintain consistency)

WHY DOESN'T CLARK DESTROY THAT METEOR ROCK HIS FAMILY KEEPS? I like clark on Red K-finally had some balls

Comment

From the way the chisel bent, I am thinking clark squeezed it in his hand.
              If it were a stab as it looked in the scene, only the end would be bent and not other places on the shaft.

Also, The chisel was a woodworking chisel, not a metal cutter, thus not as tempered and better chance of it folding/bending.

Comment

Originally posted by Nospam
                Clark: [gripping tightly onto Lana's arm] Lana, you're coming with me!

Lana: This is a bus stop, Clark!

Clark: Yeah, well...we're taking the bus.

Lana: Clark, can't we talk about this. What is wrong?

Clark: We can't talk here, the audience isn't watching. Just wait until I get you to the barn.

Lana: So...we're just going to take the bus in silence?

Clark: Yep. Here's the bus. Ah, I don't have any change. Can I borrow a dollar?
                That is one of the funniest things I've ever heatrd

Comment

In the directors cut Lois says she says she is in love with Clark Kent... in the episode she just looks at him and says "Clark"

Comment

Here's a minor one, but did anyone else notice that Lois' lipstick goes from smeared to perfect when the two of them are making out in the Daily Planet office...

Comment

Originally posted by realblackhart
                      that is a little odd, but the vender knew a little too much didn't she, he is a Phantom Zoner that'a why, lol.
                      that would make perfect sense... or maybe she's a FOTW

Comment

I don't see why people are so hung up on how Clark and Lana got to the barn... it's a TV show, they want to show interesting scenes. Showing Clark driving Lana (this, I am assuming, is how he got her there. Probably nicked a car from the mansion or something. There would have been plenty there, and Clark, being on red kryptonite, wouldn't have any reservations stealing a car) is not an interesting scene. He wouldn't want to talk to her in anywhere but the barn, because that's like his fortress of solitude until his real one gets repaired or whatever. So basically, if they showed the scene in between, it would be "Clark! Where are you taking me?! Where are we going?! Where are you taking me?!" over and over again. Can anyone else imagine how many viewers would switch off in a scene like that?

As for the part about none of Lana's acquaintances being at the party, Lex probably dealt with all the invitation stuff, or one of Lex's assistants, so it would be perfectly logical that Nell and Henry Small wouldn't be on that list. Though, it would also be perfectly logical Lana completely forgot about them. They weren't exactly the most memorable people.

And the rest of the plotholes... I can't explain them away, they're just screw ups. And let's face it, we've all seen them before. And none of them were incredibly huge or end of the world type stuff. The way I see it, season six hasn't been a very good season. It's had its excellent episodes (I refer primarily to "Justice"), but had more than its fair share of bad ones. But now it's finally picking up, so I say leave the small plotholes and sit back and don't forget to enjoy the *sauce*.

EDIT: I almost forgot the tool from the barn. It's reasonable that Lana slipped back to the barn when Martha had taken Clark back inside and Lex had left her alone to get some rest after a very stressful night. They even started when the doctor was there that it was the next day, so I put at least twelve hours between Lana and Lex leaving the barn, and the tool appearing in Lana's bedroom (Party would have finished, or been interrupted as the case may be, around eight or nine at the very latest, judging by the fact that they were only just eating dessert. Unless Lex starves all his guests. The doctor probably wouldn't have arrived at the mansion until about 9 AM. So that leaves a half day gap that the viewers did not see.
                        Last edited by meat axe; 02-02-2007, 07:24 PM.

Comment

It is called "Nit Picking".
                          I believe this is what message boards were created for.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                            It is called "Nit Picking".
                            I believe this is what message boards were created for.

Right, just as mansions are made for snooping.

Comment

Here's a plot hole I didn't notice discussed... how did the vendor know Clark's name? I mean, I know it is 2007 and some things don't need explaining but they never showed her listening in when Lois mentioned Clark's name after putting on the Red K lipstick.

Also, when Madame whoever she was tried to sell the lipstick to Lois, her explanation seemed to make it look like the aphrodisiac and the Red K were both unconnected. But why was it that Green K perfume was the solution for the whole thing? This is a pretty weak point but I would really just like to be enlightened

Now, delving deeper into another plot hole created by the lipstick (I don't know why but it seems that I noticed a lot of them coming from the central mover of the episode)... We all know CK and Lois made out, tongue and all... If it was possible for Red K to get into Clark in that way, wouldn't it have also been possible for Lois to get some in her system the same way? That would mean it should at least take some more time than a few seconds before the Green K perfume took effect.

In defense of Clark keeping Green K with his family, it is for the same reason that, in the comics, he gave a Green K ring to Batman. Just in case he gets out of line, he want to make sure there is someone he can trust who can get him back to where he should be.

All other plot holes: Lana whisking away the bent farm tool, how weird it was that CK and Lana got to the barn that way, etc... all seem to be correct observations. I guess they were looking too much at keeping the main line of the episode (Red K = uninhibited Clark = him fessing up to Lana that he still loves her = rocking the "happy" boat that is Lexana into probable capsizing) as well as plant stuff for future plot lines (Lana finding out Clark's secret = non-Red K Clark finally fessing up to Lana that he still loves her = Lana admitting she still loves him = end of Lexana = beautiful friendship of CK and Lana that is similar to the comics) that they thought that viewers would overlook these things... by now you would have thought that the writers of Smallville would know that there are people like us on these message boards who want to nitpick about the loopholes that they leave.

Oh, one last thing: why does Chloe get to give the heroes their monickers? She was the one who coined "Martian Manhunter" in this episode... wasn't she also the one behind some other superhero monickers in Smallville? Is that the legacy that TPTB will allow her to give the DC universe? Chloe Sullivan: namer of heroes. I hope not...

Comment

wtf, the vender knew as much as she knew bcuz of that she was a "psychic" a "see your future in a class globe" chick. Nothing more, nothing less.. goddammit..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎