No announcement yet.

Nikkie/Vanessa reminds me of the Hulk

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikkie/Vanessa reminds me of the Hulk

Nikki/Vanessa reminds me of the Hulk - not that I know much about the Hulk LOL!

While there is no physical transformation, she has one side of her that is passive and kind and sort of like a twitchy little bunny (Nikki) and when pushed or hurt or angered this other side emerges which is the polar opposite of Nikki (Vanessa).

So really Nikki/Vanessa is another character who could be a villain as quickly as she could be a hero. Perhaps she's a bit further on the villain side. I feel this way about Nate too. He has the potential to go either way.

One thing I'm loving about "Heroes," is that it links the development of the powers to real world psychology. Sylars powers don't fully manifest themselves until he becomes a hunter. I'm sure other serial killers exhibit powers of organization and stealth and physical prowess that no one in their "normal" life would suspect while living and working along side him.

In a similar way, Nikki is already a fractured character becuase of her abusive childhood. Now when her power comes into the equation, it makes sense that part of her block is that she can only access it when she is Vanessa.

It seems rather hopeless. Unless this shrink she gets is super good, how can he hold Vanessa at bay long enough to get through to Nikki and get her some backbone. I don't know if Nikki would be able to harness Vanessa enough to use her powers for good, or if the shrink would be able to get through to Nikki enough that she won't need Vanessa anymore.

Where's Martian Manhunter when you need him? LOL!

Re: Nikkie/Vanessa reminds me of the Hulk

Originally posted by ginnyfan
    Nikki/Vanessa reminds me of the Hulk - not that I know much about the Hulk LOL!

While there is no physical transformation, she has one side of her that is passive and kind and sort of like a twitchy little bunny (Nikki) and when pushed or hurt or angered this other side emerges which is the polar opposite of Nikki (Vanessa).

So really Nikki/Vanessa is another character who could be a villain as quickly as she could be a hero. Perhaps she's a bit further on the villain side. I feel this way about Nate too. He has the potential to go either way.

One thing I'm loving about "Heroes," is that it links the development of the powers to real world psychology. Sylars powers don't fully manifest themselves until he becomes a hunter. I'm sure other serial killers exhibit powers of organization and stealth and physical prowess that no one in their "normal" life would suspect while living and working along side him.

In a similar way, Nikki is already a fractured character becuase of her abusive childhood. Now when her power comes into the equation, it makes sense that part of her block is that she can only access it when she is Vanessa.

It seems rather hopeless. Unless this shrink she gets is super good, how can he hold Vanessa at bay long enough to get through to Nikki and get her some backbone. I don't know if Nikki would be able to harness Vanessa enough to use her powers for good, or if the shrink would be able to get through to Nikki enough that she won't need Vanessa anymore.

Where's Martian Manhunter when you need him? LOL!
    In this episode we see Nikki using the super strengh other than Jessica.

She looked suprised when she snapped the nightstick.

On the NBC website I just watched the episode with the cast commentary, they confirmed that.

So if they somehow remove or repress the Jessica side of her, she will or at least should be a good hero. Instead of a "Vi-llan"

Comment

They have the episodes with cast commentary?!?! That is beyond cool.

Comment

Yeh this is what i had always thought bout Nikki its not some transformation like the Hulk she always has superstrength but she has a psychological condition that kind of stuffs it up abit.
        Exactly how Isaac wasnt able to see the future at first without heroin.

Comment

Vanessa? You mean Jessica, right

Comment

Yes I meant Jessica. LOL! I'm so bad with names. I have no idea where Vanessa came from.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎