Collapse
No announcement yet.

We must Protect Freedom and Democracy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lex just wants supreme ;power. The only way to do that is build an army of mutants.

Yep, this definitely Lex Luthor.

Comment

I don't think Lex's main goal, like older campy villains, is to just rule the world. I do think his intentions are noble which is to protect humanity from the threats of EVIL superpowered people, but in so being the one who controls these people, I guess he sees it as something extra, to also have some sort of control over the world out of justification that it needs to be controlled by him in order for safety and security, kind of like Palpatine/Sidious in Star Wars

Comment

I don't know. I think he feels that everyone else is inferior and he should lead with an iron fist over inferior people. And have mutants as his slaves. Like Hitler, he feels he's supreme and superior and everyone else is a tiny rat.

If he wanted to save humanity, he wouldn't be treating his mutants with such cruelty.

Magneto would want to kill him for this.

Comment

I dunno, I think Lex just has a twisted method of going about saving the world. Of course he's gonna be cruel to the meteor freaks. most of them have done evil, and he doesnt really see them as people; He sees them as his puppets, his way of finally possessing not just regular power, but superhuman power to use against further freaks who are likely to pop up in the future, who also intend to use their powers to harm

Comment

Of course, it's twisted. To him saving the world is controlling the world with an iron fist. The power of fear. He just better pray that Zod doesn't get control of his body again. Imagine what Zod would do with that army.

Comment

i'm not sure how I'd feel if the last remaining Zoner re-released the Zoners put back in the phantom zone, and Zod once again took control of Lex and used the army against the JLA

Comment

you know I love Lex but when he started off with that freedom crap, i thought to myself who is he trying to impress since it was just his dad and Lana was gone.
                I thought he just saved those type of stories for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                  I have to say that I burst out laughing when I heard him say that. But I guess Lex has always had his own opinion of what those two words mean.
                  Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny as well!

Comment

I thought it was great. The best villains are the ones that believe they are doing what is right. Lex believes that he is protecting the human race, and that if he has enough power he can make everything right. He's insecure from all the poor relationships he's had with friends and family. I think on some level, he feels that if he can be a hero, maybe he is worthy of love. It goes well with his line at the end of Hydro; that even though he doesn't deserve happiness, hopefully he can earn it.

P.S. please keep your personal politics out of this thread. We're discussing a fictional television show that we watch to take a break from the real world.

Comment

I thought that line really sets up Lex for the future. If he is doing 33.1 for this reason right now to protect this country from people like Green Arrow, then it makes sense how much he hates Superman in the future who is the greatest superhero ever and an alien, who is loved by the world.

Comment

"when he started off with that freedom crap, i thought to myself who is he trying to impress since it was just his dad and Lana was gone.
                        I thought he just saved those type of stories for her."

Well, in his mind, it's not a story. It's his own justification for the evil that he does. He thinks in order to fight cruelty, you must use cruel and manipulative tactics. So he's not just lying to his dad. The twisted part is that he thinks it's the truth.

Comment

I thought the statement was out of the blue and a slam at President Bush and his foreign policy because of the use
                          of the world democracy. It made no sense coming from
                          Lex. He should have just said that he meteor freaks are a proven threat and that he is studying them so that they can be defeated. On the other hand, Lex's statement could be taken as proof that he is totally deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFan85
                            I like that they're going in the direction of Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, where he sees himself as the Hero and the Justice League as the bad guys
                            That's exactly where it looks like it's heading. Hopefa showdown b/w Lex and level 33.1 and The JLA that would be awesome.

Comment

Frankly, I thought it was a bit of inappropriate political commentary by DeKnight. Superpowered people aren't a threat to democracy so it was kind of out of context, I think Lex should have said something to the effect that he wants to defend society or humanity from the dangers of paranormal freaks who no one else can control. It would fit better into the history of the show - we all know meteor freaks are all over Smallville and they basically try to hurt Lex, Lana or somebody else every other week.
                              Last edited by FotW; 01-19-2007, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallvilleInBama
                                you know I love Lex but when he started off with that freedom crap, i thought to myself who is he trying to impress since it was just his dad and Lana was gone.
                                I thought he just saved those type of stories for her.
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎