Jimmy olsen should stay

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jimmy olsen should stay

[i]
    So here is me hoping that JO will stay, as a regular character, maybe the fact that they added 2 more epis, points to jimmy maybe getting 13 epis next season.

I have said all along that if they must have Jimmy on the show, he needs to be buddies with Clark.
    Jimmy has always been "Superman's Pal".
    Since Pete is gone, bring on the Jimster!

Comment

No - he's contributed nothing to the show. Which is a shame, because I was prepared to like him (I like the actor, and sometimes like JO). He's barely been developed. And he is is an annoying possessive boyfriend who is sometimes funny and occasionally contributes to saving the day. He has no depth of character.

If they flesh him out more later this season, or give him more of a purpose, I might change my mind.

Comment

I think they have started bringing him out more.
        I imagine he will be as the other incarnations of Jimmy, a sidekick, lost at anything resembling a relationship with the ladies.
        He wants to be everyones "buddy" and tries way too hard.

Comment

Jimmy has added a comedic element to SV, but I haven't really enjoyed him. (Most of my laughing has been at him, not with him.) Whether there is ever romantic Chlark or not, Jimmy is mostly annoying to me.

I wish they had brought some strong character of their own that Chloe had maybe met in school in journalism class as a romantic interest. Chloe deserves better than Jimmy, and even she knows that. Their relationship seems one-sided and I guess we'll just have to see where TPTB go with this.

But it would be really nice for Jimmy to go.

Comment

I don't like the "ships", I would like Jim to become a friend of Clark though.
            I do NOT want him to know Clark's "secret" at all, but some buddy time is needed.
            Clark has no male friends to pal around with now that Pete is gone and Lex is on the other side of the fence.
            Some light hearted male bonding would go a long way on Smallville.
            Think about it, Who can Clark go to for just plain fun?
            Chloe is a girl, I can't se her shooting hoops or tossing a football around with. I can see no one else for him to pal around with.

Comment

Without Pete, Jimmy need to be there. It's inevitable that Clark needs a sidekick, sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                Well, the Siegles (Heirs of one of the creators of Superman, Shuster and Siegle). Without getting into specifics, they dont own the rights for Superman, but they do hold the rights to Superboy.

Now there have been many Superboys, but the one they own is the Pre Crisis one (if you want PM and Ill explain pre crisis and post crisis) well, the pre crisis Superboy was a young Clark Kent with the superman Suit saving people, and they had Lana as a LI and Pete as a friend (instead of Lois and JO).

So the Siegles, once a judge decided to give them back the rights to Superboy, decided to profit on it (you know how it is) and presented a lawsuit against DC comics, for usage of their character (they reached and arangement) and the law suit was droped, but there was also one against Smallville, cause in a way Clark could be considered Superboy, well not really but in legal tecnicalities and sneaky lawyers loopholes of course he could (hence the no thights no flight, this being two important and defining qualities of Superboy) but I guess the lawsuit continued so tptb decided to rid the show of unnecesary characters that could relate Smallville even more with Superboy mythology,as a reasult Pete, got caned not cause they didnt like him, its cause it created more problems for them.
                Thanks for the info. I guess if we can't have Pete...I'll have to settle with just Jimmy. It's okay though, I like him too.

Comment

if he has more interactions with lois then he should stay

Comment

Seigel & Shuster created Lois, Jimmy, Lana, and Perry White.

Comment

Jimmy definitely needs to stay! He's a huge part of the Clark and Lois team. And it would be great for Clark to have a buddy other than his dog.

Comment

Jimmy a regular now!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveHurts38
                          Jimmy a regular now!
                          And how wonderful he is.

Comment

ITA with everybody that said jimmy olsen should say

he gives something fresh to the season and he gives us a laugh in smalllville with the going gets tough and everyones all freaked out with teh clana troubles etc

Comment

Rather Jimmy out, Kara in as a regular.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎